SLICKS

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
j4kwan
j4kwan

SLICKS

Why doesn't F1 ban traction control completely and bring back the slicks?!!
This whole traction control being activated over 100kmph is stupid. Either have it or don't!

Take it out, bring back those sticky slicks and let the drivers assault the corners! We'll have another good tire war and maybe Goodyear will come back. Let's separate the drifters from the drift-nots.

Driver's safety is getting better and better with raised cockpit protection, HANs, extingusher etc....if F1 is the penultimum race league, where drivers are THE top drivers of the world, why are they racing with grooves!?!

sucky

I agree.

Why not also reduce downforce (again) and braking power?

That would sort them out pretty quick.

Becker4
Becker4

i agree no traction control, and lowering downforce and braking power, but re-introducing slicks would be counter productive to these measures . . . leave the tires how they are, and the changes you see from the lack of traction control and less downforce and braking power will be more readily apparent. even with grooves, these tires are sticky enough

pompelmo
pompelmo

Ja se strinjam!
Konec z gumami z žlebovi! "Slicks" so ZAKON!!! :twisted:

Skjar
Skjar

ej slovenc kle se zgovarjajo v angleščin, če jo zastopš :lol:

Scuderia_Russ

Took the words right outta my mouth!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

wow
lets just go back to wheels and a body huh? u completely don't get what formula one is so you all need to quit wishing for something that is impossible doing all that will not get more overtaking or seperating the boys from the men cuz the top teams will just find another way to make them the same exact speed and handling

Skjar
Skjar

Somebody needs to learn slovenian language :lol:

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

The news about the return of slicks broke out a couple of years ago....i would love to see traction control banned because we need to see more talents than technology.

manchild
manchild

Takšne rajfne z žlebovi su glupost! :wink:

BTW, ne sem slovenec :lol: