Monza Test- August 2008

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: Monza Test- August 2008

I agree, LD configuration seems to suit the cars much much better, removal of the sidepod extensions would be great too, aesthetically speaking.

It seems that Ferrari is working harder than usual at this test, could be a response to what their competitors have done all year long. And according to some they even have the torque control system up front, along with the improved conrods everything should be going a lot better from now on, although they did suffer last season on the high curbs in Monza.

And wow, Heidfeld takes 'curb riding' a bit too far... he's completely off of the track (well, almost).
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Scotracer
Scotracer

Did the Honda always have so many cooling vents? :shock:
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

gerhard
gerhard

ain't those front wing pillars on ferrari new?

modbaraban
modbaraban

gerhard wrote:ain't those front wing pillars on ferrari new?
My thought exactly.

As for that Honda image I did mean the overall appearance. The sculpted sidepods are not visible from that angle, and ge gills too. The only thing that makes that car look modern is the shark fin.

FLC
FLC

Ferrari also added a small fin on the side of the nose, a little further back from the Mudabala sticker, F-2005 like ( i think they've done that for a few years now) and of course, the new sidepod shields are there, without the cut and with the new support, as in Valencia.

shotzski

Guys, do have any idea what's the little black thing floating at the lower rear part of the Mclaren chassis? Just by the Vodafone signage

rkn

I believe it's a device for measuring tyre temperatures using infrared technology. McLaren has been using it in testing for many years already.