Italian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ray

Re: Italian GP 2008

I'm going out on a limb and betting Webber wins this one. Completely on a hunch because I'm at work and can't watch it.

The FOZ
The FOZ

I should have been more on the ball...

I'd like to have counted how many times the "clarification" of the chicane-cutting rule has been exercised today. I can think of 3 so far.

Imagine what a mess this race would have been had we not gone through the whole drama from Spa last week! Everything happens for a reason...

bar555
bar555

Alonso is the first driver to use intermediate tyres ,what a big risk , especially when rain is about to start
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

myurr
myurr

I'm gonna go with Vettel - however it's too close to call between Hamilton and Massa for second. It's down to whether Hamilton can keep his tyres in one piece.

The FOZ
The FOZ

Considering the teams have to make 3 sets of extreme wets last the whole weekend, it strikes me at extremely smart that they have more tire life available.

You don't get to #1 or #2 being arrogant, you get there by being smart. STR burned up some serious tire life with all those extra laps, and yes, it got Vettel onto the pole. But Lewis Hamilton is showing us that qualifying is only one piece of the puzzle.
jon-mullen wrote:I bet Ferrari and McLaren are wishing they'd run more laps in practice, instead of acting too cool for school.

It struck me as really arrogant of McLaren and Ferrari to act 1) like they weren't worried about not having a lot of track time and 2) like they knew Sunday would be dry and running in the wet wouldn't help them anyway.

This is going to be a hell of a race.

The FOZ
The FOZ

bar555 wrote:Alonso is the first driver to use intermediate tyres ,what a big risk , especially when rain is about to start
Coulthard was first...

myurr
myurr

What a race! Amazingly well done by Vettel. Great recovery by Hamilton.

The two stoppers were pretty lucky with the weather otherwise I think Vettel would have been the only driver to still be up there in the same position. That's how dominant he was over the rest!

Edit: And what the hell is it with Raikkonen!? Another fastest lap, but only came alive in the last few laps when it was far too late to have any impact.

roost89
roost89

What a race! Vettel absolutely dominated! He's definetly looking like a future world champ.
He has the attitude and the skill.

Rosberg, Bourdais and Webber un-luck in losing so many positions over their starting position.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

timbo
timbo

WOW!
This race is kick in the butt for all the doomsayers of F1!!!!
=D> =D> =D> =D>

The FOZ
The FOZ

timbo wrote:WOW!
This race is kick in the butt for all the doomsayers of F1!!!!
=D> =D> =D> =D>
I think it's a sign of the times...the playing field is starting to level out. Which can only make the sport more interesting and better.

shotzski

What a very intense race! A very deserving win for Vettel(though I wasn't ruing for him :lol: ) Congrats also both to Heikki and Robert for their podium finishes. Great race also from Hamilton; a very aggressive one. I'm a big fan of aggressive driving, but I thought Lewis's moves were at some point, very bullish. But that's racing, and I loved it. =D>

roost89
roost89

myurr wrote:Edit: And what the hell is it with Raikkonen!? Another fastest lap, but only came alive in the last few laps when it was far too late to have any impact.
Maybe he's showing that he is still very fast, he could see where he was going and he was on a drying track on the tyres that worked.

I suspect the Ferrari is pretty poor in the wet, it's a dry/drying-weather car only. Even Massa was braking a long-time ebfore Heidfeld in the BMW when they were scrapping for position.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Steven
Owner

shotzski wrote:What a very intense race! A very deserving win for Vettel(though I wasn't ruing for him :lol: ) Congrats also both to Heikki and Robert for their podium finishes. Great race also from Hamilton; a very aggressive one. I'm a big fan of aggressive driving, but I thought Lewis's moves were at some point, very bullish. But that's racing, and I loved it. =D>
Well, I think Hamilton fans should stay quiet now, because his driving towards Glock and Webber was absolutely outrageous. He can be very very happy that no penalty was given.

Actually it's fairly simple, you MUST leave room for your competitor when he is aside you, and pushing them off the track is something I cannot except at all.

Such showing immediately reminded me of some of the much discussed moved of Michael Schumacher, such as driving off Alonso at Silverstone or deliberately banging into competitors...

Sawtooth-spike

I agree with you on Webber Tomba, But i dont think he knew Glock was there.

What a Race!

I think Kimi Caught the end of it cus he must of been asleep for the first hour and half or something.

Gratz to Vettel Perfect drive!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

bassimon
bassimon

A staggering performance by Vettel! His victory comes very close to me because he is exactly 4 months younger than me and his hometown Heppenheim is just a few kilometres from where I lived and went to school. So Congratulations for him.

Hamilton showed some very aggressive driving again and i think the move against Glock was not only not sportsmanlike but also very dangerous as well. :? The Grass is incredibly slippery in these conditions and it would be no surprise for me if this will be under investigation.
I think the one with the worst 'luck' was rosberg today who decided for heavy wets again just at the wrong time :(
TUfast e.V.
Formula Student Team TU Munich

Chassis 2006 - 2010
http://www.tufast.de