Chinese GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
majicmeow
majicmeow

Re: 2008 Chinese Grand Prix

majicmeow wrote:Also noticed that Kimi is not running a shark fin, while Felipe is... neat!
:roll:
:mrgreen: :wink:

donskar
donskar

myurr wrote:
donskar wrote:To the Ferrari-haters/conspiracy theorists out there: will you PLEASE shut up when Hamilton wins the WDC?
Only if we can jump up and down and shout at you if Massa wins by less than seven points. :P
AGREED! :lol:
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

WhiteBlue

what a boring race

and Kimi lets Massa pass for the championship

well done Hamilton, good race without mistake
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

myurr
myurr

donskar wrote:AGREED! :lol:
Marvelous. Which means that if Massa wins now, I can bitch like crazy!! ;)

As a side note of why impartiality of the stewards is so important, should Massa win in Brazil and Hamilton only comes fifth then the championship will be decided by the win gifted to Massa by the stewards in Spa.

myurr
myurr

So funny watching Massa try and explain how he "caught and got past" Kimi. :lol:

He was struggling massively to even match Raikonnen's time, despite Kimi backing off more and more.

Rodzilla
Rodzilla

myurr wrote:
donskar wrote:AGREED! :lol:
Marvelous. Which means that if Massa wins now, I can bitch like crazy!! ;)

As a side note of why impartiality of the stewards is so important, should Massa win in Brazil and Hamilton only comes fifth then the championship will be decided by the win gifted to Massa by the stewards in Spa.
buy yourself a new calculator tbh, lewis would still win in that case

did lewis say god was on his side as usual?, doesnt god like ferrari?

myurr
myurr

sorry, meant sixth. It's because they were saying fifth on the telly at the time. :oops:

JamesS
JamesS

Straight forward race for Lewis, no mistakes, very good job.

My heart sank for a moment when his team mate picked up a puncture, but that's possibly caused by him overheating his brakes on the formation lap.

axle
axle

I believe Heikki's car had a brake binding issue from the off, so it was over heating it. This caused the puncture and would have made it near impossible to drive. Heikki did well to keep the car on the track till then tbh.

Good result for LH.

I was ammused at the questions in the interview about Massa passing Kimi lol
- Axle

Project Four
Project Four

myurr wrote:
Totally agreed myurr, but also don't forget Massa's other additional 1 point (or 2 if you agredd he should have been penalized), for the Japanese incident with Bourdais

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

myurr wrote:So funny watching Massa try and explain how he "caught and got past" Kimi. :lol:

He was struggling massively to even match Raikonnen's time, despite Kimi backing off more and more.
I like the way Kimi just cleanly admitted he slowed down and let Massa through. Massa was embarrased about it (probably because he was beaten by Kimi fair and square) but Kimi just laughed it off..... wait.... thats right! Kimi actually smiled in the press conference! :shock:

Rob W

axle wrote:I was ammused at the questions in the interview about Massa passing Kimi lol
Yeah, that was pretty funny... they don't even bother to cover it up anymore, it's that obvious... A driver like Kimi must be seething on the inside..

R

myurr
myurr

For any who missed it, this is Massa's quote: "I was strong enough to catch and pass [Raikkonen] and that was the best part of the race for me - but it was not enough."

Genius ;)

timbo
timbo

myurr wrote:For any who missed it, this is Massa's quote: "I was strong enough to catch and pass [Raikkonen] and that was the best part of the race for me - but it was not enough."

Genius ;)
Not as another guy who knows every trick in the book and therefore is best :roll:

The FOZ
The FOZ

Looks like there's fewer scenarios for WDC in Brazil now:

Lewis: 5th or better for WDC
Massa: Win with Lewis 6th or worse.

Lewis had a solid race, well done on his part.

Question:

Lewis and Felipe both have 5 wins now. If Massa comes in second and Hamilton 8th, they would each have 95 points. How will they determine winner then?