BBC unveils new F1 presenting teams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ben_watkins
ben_watkins

BBC unveils new F1 presenting teams

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 745347.stm

Commentators = Jonathan Legard [from Radio 5 Live] joined by Martin Brundle.

Anchor = Jake Humphrey

Pundits = David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan

Pit-lane reporters = Ted Kravitz and Lee McKenzie

Web pundit = Murray Walker
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

WhiteBlue

Re: BBC unveils new F1 presenting teams

pretty good team in terms of qualifications. i just feel that relying on 2 guys from the same company and commercial interest (DC and Bundle) willmake it a bit lopsided.

nice to have: the muddled talker in any role
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

JiMbO

ive never heard Jonathan Legard is he any good??

Better question is he better than james allen?(not hard)

twoshots
twoshots

Project Four
Project Four

Who is Jake Humphrey ??

Sawtooth-spike

Great no more Jamies "Lewis Fanboy" Allen.

and Most importantly no more Adverts, I will still never forgive ITV for that they did in imola that year where they put an advert break in the last 5 laps wile Schumie and Alonso were fighting for first.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

JiMbO

yep i wont miss the ads nor allen. i thought murray walker was a PR person for honda??

roost89
roost89

DC and Eddie as pundits, that'll be good. It'll be nice to hear some opinions from people in the know. Especially DC as he's just finished racing, so he'll have a fair bit of insider's knowledge.

Jake Humphrey's as anchor, oh no! :shock:
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Project Four
Project Four

ben_watkins wrote:
Project Four wrote:Who is Jake Humphrey ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Humphrey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/biogra ... hrey.shtml

Image BBC Press Office
Thanks Ben

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Who the eff is Lee McKenzie???

Jake Humphrey will be OK, better that Steve "can i bum Lewis" Ryder. At least he will ask some good questions, or at least better questions that Steve Ryder.

But Leggard is a coup de gras i think, ive listened to him many times when i couldnt watch a race at work and in my car, very informative and very un-biased toward the Brit drivers. He gives fair comments about every driver. Teaming him with Brundle is a master stroke.

DC and EJ will give some very frank and informed and in the know views and opinions on what happened on the track, and what is happening in the paddock.

I am surprised Kravits kept his job, after the comments he expressed about DC near the end of last season, but ill give him his dues, he is miles better than James Allen in the pits.

No adverts it the best thing, watch a full race with Live Timing on my laptop in front of me is what ive always wanted.

But as a Musician that watches F1, the most important thing for me is... Fleetwood Mac - The chain will complete the package for me.

dumbdave
dumbdave

The Chain, that would be a true return to the golden years of F1 coverage!

I grew up on that! [-o<

donskar
donskar

A big cast of (some) qualified people.

Unlike SPEED TV's pathetic effort: three guys sitting in a room in Connecticut USA, watching the race on TV and trying their best to add something of value.

Matchett is fine, but "Dyvid 'Obbs" is far from contemporary in the know, and the Other Guy is just a professional voice.

And for this I get up at 6 AM! #-o
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Ray

donskar wrote:A big cast of (some) qualified people.

Unlike SPEED TV's pathetic effort: three guys sitting in a room in Connecticut USA, watching the race on TV and trying their best to add something of value.

Matchett is fine, but "Dyvid 'Obbs" is far from contemporary in the know, and the Other Guy is just a professional voice.

And for this I get up at 6 AM! #-o
Actually donskar, they do the broadcast from Charlotte. Hobbo is a great opposite to Matchett. I think he's funny as hell, and he's got a great sense of humor and I think it would be worse off without him. I'm assuming you mean Varsha is 'the Other Guy'. He's been commentating on Speed for nearly 10 years and worked in that capacity covering F1 for other stations for year before that. You can see him braodcasting when Senna was killed 15 years ago. How long does he have to be involved before he's credible? It's not their fault Speed is too cheap to send them to the races. Peter 'Hamilton' doesn't even work for Speed directly. If they'd get rid of that idiot, Speeds' coverage would improve about a billion percent. He's as bad as James Allen. Both are slobbering idiots when Hamilton is on screen or they get a chance to talk about him.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

ESPImperium wrote:Who the eff is Lee McKenzie???
http://www.leemckenzie.tv/

Image Virgin Media..

She's a fully qualified WRC co-driver and has presented GP2 and A1GP for ITV and Sky
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners