Coloured Cameras

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
j4kwan
j4kwan

Coloured Cameras

This year it is mandatory to colour code the primary team car's camera red, and the secondary car black.

So what of team's with no team orders?!? Like Williams with no 1, 2 driver

Steven
Owner

The first car is the one with the lowest start number, and has an accordingly coloured camera.

Team who do not have team order often prefer to do that in alphabetical order or the driver's names

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

The same case at McLaren, they don't have any 1st or 2nd driver...
but why does DC gets number 5 instead of Kimi?.......

Spencifer_Murphy

DC gets car 5 because officially he is driver number one. Just as with JPM at Williams now. Team orders they may not be, and its true there is no preference. But you cant have two cars numbered as car 5 (or car 3 in Williams case) can you? So they HAVE to choose one to be driver number one...even if it doesnt mean anything (as is the case at Williams and Mclaren)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

If you ever see the form that teams fill out to register in the F1 Championship, the drivers are differed as nº1 and nº2, but this is only a registration process....each team decides how gets the nº1 in the form.

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

but Kimi scored more ponts tahn david in '02, i think he deserves to be Mclaren's no.1.....
and why are there no car with number 13...???is it badluck?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Exactly....the bad luck thing...!I don't think that in the last 10 years anyone had the number 13...but I'm not sure