Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Ferrari F60

So, Ferrari uses scoops for the upper diffuser, similar to RedBull.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

These are from Badoers promotional run:

di44ety
di44ety

roost89
roost89

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=219

Luca Badoer fined for speeding 4 times in the pit-lane. I thought the limiters almost prevented this? His weekend isn't going well
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

The FOZ
The FOZ

roost89 wrote:http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=219

Luca Badoer fined for speeding 4 times in the pit-lane. I thought the limiters almost prevented this? His weekend isn't going well
I believe you have to engage it from the steering wheel...during testing, I can't imagine they would have bothered. Several years of being in that habit isn't easy to overcome in a few days...but he'll be trying his best.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Valencia FP2

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

rjsa
rjsa

The FOZ wrote:I believe you have to engage it from the steering wheel...during testing, I can't imagine they would have bothered. Several years of being in that habit isn't easy to overcome in a few days...but he'll be trying his best.
Well, his best is far from good enough.

The FOZ
The FOZ

rjsa wrote:
The FOZ wrote:I believe you have to engage it from the steering wheel...during testing, I can't imagine they would have bothered. Several years of being in that habit isn't easy to overcome in a few days...but he'll be trying his best.
Good enough for what?

You'll notice the team chose him, and everyone, Schumacher included, have rallied behind him.

He has a giant task ahead of him, and despite knowing what he faces, he hasn't shied away.

I applaud him, and will be fully satisfied with whatever he can do, because I know it will be his best, and that's all that anyone can expect of him.

Giblet
Giblet

Remember the team and Luca are looking to finish the race, and that is all.

Then he can look at telelemetry, and like a test driver, work to figure out where to improve.

If you trust Ferrari, you have to trust that they know what they are doing, and kind of owe it to him, It might be in stone in his contract that he gets to drive in Lieu of Mass, Kimi, or MS.

Give the guy a chance, it's ben a while, and these are in fact F1 cars, with totally different handling characteristics since last time he drove in anger, not to mention KERS pratise.

Let him race first 2 times, THEN let the crucifixion begin.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

rjsa
rjsa

The FOZ wrote:
rjsa wrote:
Good enough for what?

You'll notice the team chose him, and everyone, Schumacher included, have rallied behind him.

He has a giant task ahead of him, and despite knowing what he faces, he hasn't shied away.

I applaud him, and will be fully satisfied with whatever he can do, because I know it will be his best, and that's all that anyone can expect of him.
This is F1, not an Adam Sandler's movie.

Saribro
Saribro

Heh, multi-plane winglet on the lower side of that wheel-assembly.

The FOZ
The FOZ

rjsa wrote:This is F1, not an Adam Sandler's movie.
There's F1 smart and F1 stupid.

F1 stupid would be expecting Luca to recklessly push beyond his ability. This will most likely result in a situation like Piquet Jr., where pushing him and kicking him for not reaching expectations wound up singlehandedly creating a worldwide shortage of carbon fiber, and got the team precisely nothing for results, except a burned out driver that they had to can mid-season.

F1 smart is to give him full support and all the tools possible to do the best he can, and to bring the cars home in one piece.

There's no WDC or WCC at stake here, the car is approaching the end of it's development if it's not already there. Even with Schumacher, they could not have possibly won a WDC or WCC. Simply put - there's no reason to take any unnecessary risks and certainly is no reason to kick a guy who's been on the job for, essentially what, 3 days now? With zero preparation? At least Grosjean and Alguesuari knew their call up was coming well in advance.

Ferrari aren't having to pay much for Luca, he's getting a dream job for awhile, everybody wins. CLEARLY, if they had wanted to exercise another option, they would have grabbed Piquet, Jr. or Bourdais, or whomever. Bottom line, they chose Luca, and with him having worked for Ferrari for a decade now, knew EXACTLY what they were getting into with him, and chose him anyways.

However, please, if you feel I'm wrong, point out where I've fallen off base...

ISLAMATRON

Can he really test when he is effectively 3 seconds off the car's true pace? Slower than retarded molasses.

rjsa
rjsa

The FOZ wrote:
rjsa wrote:This is F1, not an Adam Sandler's movie.
There's F1 smart and F1 stupid.

F1 stupid would be expecting Luca to recklessly push beyond his ability. This will most likely result in a situation like Piquet Jr., where pushing him and kicking him for not reaching expectations wound up singlehandedly creating a worldwide shortage of carbon fiber, and got the team precisely nothing for results, except a burned out driver that they had to can mid-season.

F1 smart is to give him full support and all the tools possible to do the best he can, and to bring the cars home in one piece.

There's no WDC or WCC at stake here, the car is approaching the end of it's development if it's not already there. Even with Schumacher, they could not have possibly won a WDC or WCC. Simply put - there's no reason to take any unnecessary risks and certainly is no reason to kick a guy who's been on the job for, essentially what, 3 days now? With zero preparation? At least Grosjean and Alguesuari knew their call up was coming well in advance.

Ferrari aren't having to pay much for Luca, he's getting a dream job for awhile, everybody wins. CLEARLY, if they had wanted to exercise another option, they would have grabbed Piquet, Jr. or Bourdais, or whomever. Bottom line, they chose Luca, and with him having worked for Ferrari for a decade now, knew EXACTLY what they were getting into with him, and chose him anyways.

However, please, if you feel I'm wrong, point out where I've fallen off base...
Sensible F1 would sack him right away, so he won't embarrass himself even more. Four speeding tickets and one crossing of the pit exit. More than 10 seconds slower in the first lap. And chickened to RG on the pit lane.

He is dangerous, he is playing out of his league. If Ferrari wants to compensate him for all the years just sponsor him on euroboss or something like that.

timbo
timbo

rjsa wrote:Sensible F1 would sack him right away, so he won't embarrass himself even more. Four speeding tickets and one crossing of the pit exit. More than 10 seconds slower in the first lap. And chickened to RG on the pit lane.
Because he was hit by RG. His fastest lap of the race is 1:40.590