Red Bull RB5

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
djos

Re: Red Bull RB5

natef1 wrote:Am I thick?

Well done =D>

I am not going to enter a petulant argument with you.
I have since retracted that question and I apologise, it was not called for. :oops:
"In downforce we trust"

SoliRossi
SoliRossi

I think what djos is saying is if we are on teh same strategy as usual we are in good shape.

Our normal friday strat puts us in the midfield as we dont go for glory runs, ie we have lots of fuel and dont push the limits ala Williams.

Now if we are on the same strategy, which would be likley we are getting a better lap time in comparison to the field, without trying for it.

djos

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
djos wrote: Maybe if you watched F1 closely you'd understand me?

Allow me to put it simply for you; all season RBR & BGP have been roughly front-mid pack thru out most free-practise sessions, this time both teams are up the front by a country mile and considering the way go about their weekends, I believe this is a very ominous sign for all the other teams.
But you point was that, "WOW they are fast", Which we said means nothing till sunday. Now your saying the same thing?

I am confused, Maybe i have miss read something somewhere.
C'mon Guy's is this really so hard to figure out?

RBR and BrawnGP have not done any showboating all year, they dont need to so why would they start now? They have nothing to gain by it (unlike slower teams) as it would be wasted testing and setup time.

Sooooo, If im correct (that they aren't show boating) it means they are damned quick even when they aren't running on fumes!
"In downforce we trust"

djos

SoliRossi wrote:I think what djos is saying is if we are on teh same strategy as usual we are in good shape.

Our normal friday strat puts us in the midfield as we dont go for glory runs, ie we have lots of fuel and dont push the limits ala Williams.

Now if we are on the same strategy, which would be likley we are getting a better lap time in comparison to the field, without trying for it.
Thank you Soli, that is exactly my point. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

natef1
natef1

djos wrote:

Well done =D>

I have since retracted that question and I apologise, it was not called for. :oops:
Ok, thanks for your modesty and your apology. It's not often you get people on the internet who will apologise.

We all understand we have different opinions, which should be constructive :)

djos

natef1 wrote:
djos wrote:

Well done =D>

Ok, thanks for your modesty and your apology. It's not often you get people on the internet who will apologise.

We all understand we have different opinions, which should be constructive :)
No Worries, I forgot my manners for a bit there. :oops:
"In downforce we trust"

SoliRossi
SoliRossi

Bravo djos, good effort mate.

Sawtooth-spike

Ahh, i did miss read what you were saying then. Soz about that.

I like the wider nose.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

djos

SoliRossi wrote:Bravo djos, good effort mate.
Im not so sure about that but Im always happy to apologise when in the wrong (as I was on this occasion).
"In downforce we trust"

SoliRossi
SoliRossi

ah mate, weahter you were wrong or not i have no idea, but for someone to say sorry its a good charachter trait.

djos

SoliRossi wrote:ah mate, weahter you were wrong or not i have no idea, but for someone to say sorry its a good charachter trait.
That must be the silver lining. :)
"In downforce we trust"

Dmitry_black
Dmitry_black

New rear diffuser:

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Nice image of the rear.
I lightened it up in my browser (Firefox) using the Pixlr add on (it's great for photoshopping online images, etc)

If you brighten it up you can see quite a bit of detail. It looks like, primarily, the outer sections of the diffuser were widened out, but also MAYBE the bodywork before the upper diffuser exit was raised. Hard to tell based on just this one pic. Should be an exciting weekend.

I would like to see if the splitter was changed to something closer to the Brawn design.

paused

zgred wrote:
modbaraban wrote:Image

Wider nose?
I am no aero guy, but definitely a front upgrade in an effort to clean up the airflow for the revised DDD. The Monaco spec was basically a bolt on DDD with nothing done upstream.

Now we see the upstream but impossible to see what they have done under the floor. Very curious :wtf: Pity we aren't going to have a nice shot of it being lifted by crane again.

Dmitry_black
Dmitry_black

BreezyRacer wrote:Nice image of the rear.
I lightened it up in my browser (Firefox) using the Pixlr add on (it's great for photoshopping online images, etc)

If you brighten it up you can see quite a bit of detail. It looks like, primarily, the outer sections of the diffuser were widened out, but also MAYBE the bodywork before the upper diffuser exit was raised. Hard to tell based on just this one pic. Should be an exciting weekend.

I would like to see if the splitter was changed to something closer to the Brawn design.
Yes, there are little elements: