BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RH1300S
RH1300S

Re: BrawnGP

It's great news for everyone at the factory.

Long term - who knows, but with the cost cutting measures in place they probably stand a better than decent chance of keeping going (costs should continue to come down, whereas in previous years small teams were caught in an un-winnable arms race with big spenders).

Brawn is a serious racer - so expect to see some good decisions being made.

They have a very strong driver pairing (whatever people ultimately think of JB & RB - you cannot deny they both do a good job and are quick).

Also, I assume that up until December the new car was being developed as if nothing was going to change and it should have had Ross Brawn's insight and direction when scheming it out.

That said, they will obviously have lost valuable track time (will they be allowed to get it back I wonder?) - so this year propping up the back of the grid looks likely.

myurr
myurr

Regarding Senna and RB, I think that they've made the right choice. Jensen is a great driver in a good car, but not so good in a mediocre car. Rubens has proven to be more than Jensen's match in those circumstances. I have a feeling the Rubens is the better driver for developing the car as well.

They don't know how good their car is going to be yet. Senna is a complete unknown and now cannot benefit from an extensive winter test program. Seems like the only sensible decision would be to keep Rubens on for another year before reviewing your entire driver line up.

pliskinrob
pliskinrob

To read this first thing when I woke up put the biggest smile on my face!

:)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Right decision has been made by Honda to sell to Brawn, should have been done a couple of weeks ago, just that Virgin and Branson made a late enquiry about the team that put a spanner in the works, and the BGP001 could have made light of day by now i feel.

Rubns and Jenson are the right drivers for this team, Senna could have been a distraction as his inexperience could have led to a disaster.

Am i looking forward to seeing the BGP001 car, should be some pics today sometime if the car is being shaken down by Jenson at Silverstone today if reports are to be belived. With more pics coming from the group test on Monday.

Should be a good car, mixing it in the mid pack some races, but not too far off the pace its a pig to drive and pass.

enkidu
enkidu

Any pics from Silverstone yet??? I'm dying to see this car!!

Belatti
Belatti

monkeyboy1976 wrote: 2. Glad to see an additional British team on the grid. This is where the majority of the world's talent is afterall.
But Americans says its otherwise!!!

Wait! Americans are British immigrants after all... that makes sense :wtf:

You´ll never gonna learn that in SA we are used to do more with much much less... this is Brawns chance to get some SA engineers... HELLO ROSS! :D
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

xpensive
xpensive

Volvo, ABB, Atlas Copco, Sandvik, Saab, Ericsson, SKF, wonder where all those companies were founded? :wink:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

:lol:

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

One thing id do if i were Ross Brawn for the BGP001 is to design the car with KERS in mind, but when it comes to the first few GPs at least, do not run it, not hav it in the car at all, then with a solid Mercedes engine and power plant, with a posible high retirement rate relating to KERS, this could be a chance to earn some good early points on the board. Id like to see Brawn and FIF1 to do the same as for small teams like theese, this can lead to a great season.

antrock
antrock

ubrben
ubrben

ESPImperium wrote:One thing id do if i were Ross Brawn for the BGP001 is to design the car with KERS in mind, but when it comes to the first few GPs at least, do not run it, not hav it in the car at all, then with a solid Mercedes engine and power plant, with a posible high retirement rate relating to KERS, this could be a chance to earn some good early points on the board. Id like to see Brawn and FIF1 to do the same as for small teams like theese, this can lead to a great season.
The car will have been conceived 8 months ago as a Honda, so that's a bit of a moot point. I would imagine the team has done an awesome job simply to have the Mercedes installation and integration with the gearbox sorted this early.

Target should be survive this season let alone worrying about KERS.

Ben

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Nice.

How much different is it to the earlier 09 Honda?

Sawtooth-spike

they are running grove tyres? Guess BS did want to send them any.

I like its, Looks kinda like the williams... at a glance.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

This news has brought me much happiness and pleasure. First off, many of the workers will retain their jobs. Very important.
It appears Fry is out of the picture, and since that man is poison for any reasonable success, very good news. With Brawn in control, they are in good hands.
I hope the team is allowed some special dispensation and are allowed some further testing to make up for their obvious lack in this area.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

a bit bigger:
(Click for even bigger)

interesting to see them running brake duct fairings similar to McLaren