Being called "Schumacher"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dumrick
dumrick

Being called "Schumacher"

I'm sure that there's something in that name that affects people called "Schumacher" in a way that they feel that no-one can challenge their position. If anyone defies that God-given rule, they just try to push them off-track without second thoughts.
Of course, some of them have the status to say they couldn't see their opponents (even if he was ahead of them at one point of the overtaking move), pushing them to the outside, going from side to side in starts, etc., without anything happening to them.
Others, just play in a plainly stupid way, banging into the opposition, and ending most of the times to do more harm to themselves than to the others.

Do you agree that the problem is in the name, or do you believe that is being born in Kerpen, Germany? Or do you think anything else is to blaim? Looking for your answers....

Cyrus
Cyrus

[-X I think Montoya looks like a child...
He's a bad looser. Michael had the line, Montoya tried a stupid move and went out the track, that's all. Do you remember Nurburing last year, or Brasil 2001??? And what he did to Ralph a few meters after??

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

but in ralfs case he wasn't side by side with Montoya.

And Cyrus you're also forgetting Adelaide 94 (last week I watched the video and realised that Schumys right rear tire was flat after he hit the wall)...don't forget SPA 95, Jerez 97, Argentina 98 (when in the first corner he and Coulthard were wheel banging).

Cyrus
Cyrus

That's true, i'm not saying that Scumacher is perfect, but at least he doesn't cryes like Montoya, who when doesn't wins has always someone to blame... Montoya is jealous about Scummi and Ferrari;if he is so good, then why don't he proof it on the track? Honestly, I think that it was a normal race incident.I think next year he and Ron will make a great couple...

dumrick
dumrick

I was not defending Montoya, did you realise it, Cyrus? :roll:
But the fact is that it just seems that he always pushes the defense of the line too hard. I'm recalling, for instance, last year in Siverstone with Alonso, in the start.
Also, Michael is NEVER :evil: punished, regardless of what he does. Is bro has the astonishing ability to loose a lot of places everytime he crosses the fair-play line, so there's no sense in giving him penalties. But often if it is Montoya, or Webber or anyone else behaving like that, they get them...

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Well....if you are driving a 300mph+ car trying to defend your position, that's all you can do. Not that i'm a Schumacher fan. but it is unfair not to be investigated by the FIA.
Well, maybe it's time for Schumi to step down for the sake of the sport. It's boring like h*ll. The camera is always shooting at him....races are to ppredictable....no seroius overtakings......

Cyrus
Cyrus

If you think that races are boring don't blame Schumacher or Ferrari (they are doing their job), blame the other teams...

In this case (and also in Alonso-Ralph)I don't see any reason for a FIA investigation, for me it was just a race incident... In Scummi-Montoya they didn't even touched (like Montoya said). Dumrick said that Schumacer is never penalised...Well, you must be forgeting Malaysia last year f.e.(that was fair)... Abou Ralph, well that's true, he allways looses a lot of places when enters in a "fight"...

marcush.
marcush.

schu was never punished? How on earth did villeneuve win his champonship? He battled it out with Michael and he did turn in on him on purpose and he got stripped of all his points ,that was some punishment ,or am I wrong?
Montoya claims something he would not have done any different if he were in michaels position and that is the point.
Montoya prefers to moan and he is the perfect Mansell in that but Nige kept improving over the years whereas the days of really stunning Montoya drives are long gone ,he has not very much impressed in f1 to date,he is definitively not the stormer he was sometimes inF3000 and most of the time inCART anymore.He should have blown away Ralf immediatelly but he didn´t.he ´s highly political nowadays and that is not his best game as he is not prost and he is not senna.

Cyrus
Cyrus

marcush. wrote:schu was never punished? How on earth did villeneuve win his champonship? He battled it out with Michael and he did turn in on him on purpose and he got stripped of all his points ,that was some punishment ,or am I wrong?
Montoya claims something he would not have done any different if he were in michaels position and that is the point.
Montoya prefers to moan and he is the perfect Mansell in that but Nige kept improving over the years whereas the days of really stunning Montoya drives are long gone ,he has not very much impressed in f1 to date,he is definitively not the stormer he was sometimes inF3000 and most of the time inCART anymore.He should have blown away Ralf immediatelly but he didn´t.he ´s highly political nowadays and that is not his best game as he is not prost and he is not senna.

=D> =D> =D>

Spencifer_Murphy

Too many of you are playing down Montoya for being childlike about it all. Your forgetting hes smarter than you think. Schumi is not infallable. He makes mistakes when he is put under pressure. (Qualifying for Imola this year is an example). Montoya likes to mix thngs up and he know that complaining about Michaels move publically will cause this exact kind of uproar. It keeps people focused on himself and keeps Micheals thoughts on other things aswel.

Also if you want to be picky...at Spa (cant remember the year...i think 98 or 99 around there abouts) Micheal hit Coulthard from behind and had to retire. Micheal had to be restrained from punching DC. But why? What did DC do wrong? Michael of ALL people knows how hard it is to see at Spa in the wet...why did he not slow when he saw the yellow falgs? Why did he not move out the way? Did he expect DC to move off the racing line AND bring his car under control WHILST looking for the almighty schumi in his mirrors at Spa in the wet ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Common...DC could do nothing more and Michael behaved like a child. I'm not saying Michael was wrong...Im not slating him at all. What my piont is, is that EVERYONE gets annoyed from time to time..even micheal. JPM has all the right in the world to get annoyed for Micheal pushing him off the track. but as far as Im concered it was a perfecly legit. move cos Michael had the racing line, no contact was made, and it was good action to see on TV in an otherwise uneventful race.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

amc
amc

Well to me Montoya is acting like a child but not only by now, the williams team members have to be all the time apologizing about the kid attitude, he has not the selfcontrol to be on the place he is. He's a fast driver but nothing special. To be in the top you have to think like a top driver first, and of course he has to work harder to achieve that.

Cyrus
Cyrus

amc wrote:Well to me Montoya is acting like a child but not only by now, the williams team members have to be all the time apologizing about the kid attitude, he has not the selfcontrol to be on the place he is. He's a fast driver but nothing special. To be in the top you have to think like a top driver first, and of course he has to work harder to achieve that.
Well said. =D> He must be more professional...

tsk tsk.....
tsk tsk.....

What do you mean by "they didn't even touched"???
Then what do you make of this?..... (gee, i guess the damage was caused by Irvine or Hakkinen, perhaps) :lol:

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/picture_view ... pid=122296

MICHAEL SHOULD BE PENALISED. END OF ARGUMENT! OK? 8)

aris
aris

towards tsk tsk... and the others that claim that MS should be punished.

a. Yes they touched. Of course they did. JPM went in from the outside, and he should have slowed down, he didn't. MS was following his line, if you wish to verify, just look at the video, everyone behind him was following the same line. MS did have to do a slight correction with his steering wheel and that part of road was probably slippery - perhaps because of the rain the previous night - who knows. In any case, being that he was holding his line he was in the right position, JPM was not. Tough.

b. I will not say what FIA said, which I could and end this here. NO. I will tho say what Patric Head and Williams said. They too believe that MS did nothing wrong. Tough.

To all of you that believe that MS did something wrong, just stop whining. JPM was in the wrong really. He just didn't think that Schumacher would hold to his line but see, MS IS the world champion for 6 times and will make 7.

JPM will NOT make World Champion, because he lacks the skills.

Enjoy, and enough of this, it gets tiring, and finally, learn the rules damn it.

tsk tsk
tsk tsk

i'm not rooting for Juan, he can win or lose this season for all I care.

What I'm trying to say is that your world champion seems to be getting his way from your so-called "rules".

Maybe Charles Whiting and the rest of FIA are afraid that the tifosi will lynch them if they don't let schumi off the hook (for the nth time)

We know the rules. 8)

FIA just have to implement it... to ALL of the F1 drivers!