Realistic Lineups for next season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
uzael
uzael

Realistic Lineups for next season

As the season starts to really unfold and performances for 2004 are showing, I wonder how it's going to line up next year. I know a lot of people speculate about this and have these wild dreams of JV joining ferrari and of other bizarre notions, but iut's going to be very interesting nontheless. I'm wondering given performance of teams and drivers, plus the contracts built in how the 2005 season will shape up team/driver wise. I see:

Ferrari:
MS
RB
-Like there was any doubt

Williams:
DC
Unknown
-I'm going out on a limb here, but it seems to me that since Ralf won't be with the team and monty leaving for McLaren, it's a good possibility that FW will seek to bring DC back into the williams fold. DC is fast and very experienced which I think FW is keen on getting. However seat #2 is entirely up in the air, since JB will almost certainly be staying at BAR and MW will only be gotten from flavio's clutches witha huge amount of money.

McLaren:
KR
JPM
- Already figured out, can't wait to see what happens.

BAR:
Jensen Button
Takuma Sato
-Most people don;t care for Sato, but given his relative speed and consistency, I doubt that Honda will let it's favorite son go.

Renault:
FA
Mark Webber
-Let's face it, MW is wasting his time a Jag and FB knows it. He'll move Jarno trulli off and bring in the Aussie to help push FA all the harder.

Sauber:
GF
FM
-I really doubt the team will dump GF until the end of his 2 year contract, and given the ferrarisauber partnerhsip I doubt that FM will be given the door, again.

Jag:
Klein
Unknown Pay Driver
-15million will definetly retain Klein's seat (as long as red bull stays cooperative) but the team will most likely pick up another pay driver.

Jordan:
Unknown Pay Driver
Unknown Pay Driver
-Unless something radical happens, it's further down the tubes for EJ and his folks......

Toyota:
Cristiano DaMatta
Unknown
-CDM's aa good boy for toyota and has some fan appeal in america, so he's worth keeping at this stage. No idea for 2nd seat, doubt it will be a pay driver though.

Minardi:
Pay Driver
Pay Driver
-The more things change the more they stay the same.

any information/views anyone else has would be greatly appreicated.
"I'll bring us through this. As always. I'll carry you - kicking and screaming - and in the end you'll thank me. "

elf
elf

Wiiliams:
JV
MH
-pleeeaaaase bring mika & jaques back. This combo is an excitng prospect!

WilliamsBMW + JV + MH
= bad news for MS and Ferrari
= good news for sponsors, TV ratings, F1 fans
= kick-ass racing

please oh please FW - u know how much $$$$ this will net!!!

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

JV demands are too high. He even earned more than Mika in 2000. But faulty cars at BAR has shielded him from his potential...whether he still has it or not. Giving him a drive would make Williams popular in Canada. But the past few seasons I've heard that F.Briatore wants JV.MIka has offically retired from F1, as a big fan of his, I also would love to see him back but all those years out of F1 could mean he's not as fit and as quick as he used to be.
I hope Kimi will stay at McLaren for the rest of his life. Kimi needs to be more patient with McLaren. I'm really looking forward to the KR-JPM lineup next year.
Klein's sponsor Red Bull only have around 6 million for Jaguar. William may get Webber. I think it is Williams who's supposed to be walking out from Ralf, not Ralf walking away from them. He's too inconsistent.
I just hop M.Schumi retires for the sake of this boring season.

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

elf wrote:Wiiliams:
JV
MH
-pleeeaaaase bring mika & jaques back. This combo is an excitng prospect!

WilliamsBMW + JV + MH
= bad news for MS and Ferrari
= good news for sponsors, TV ratings, F1 fans
= kick-ass racing

please oh please FW - u know how much $$$$ this will net!!!

oh yeah ... now this is one pair that would make retaining schumacher in the sport legitimate.
i would love to see this happen.. and hopefully williams will get it's act together by then. i have always said bring on hakkinnen... but thiessen and head will have some work to do to get MH in a non-mclaren

eweturn
eweturn

looks like DC will be staying at McLaren after all. Admittedly in a slightly different role.
http://www.f1total.com/bilder/2004/tests/sil02/z009.jpg
It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well I wouldn't mind to have that job!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

West
West

Yeah he gets paid probably 5 million dollars a year to push around a shopping cart. With cigarette branding on it
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Steven
Owner

hehe have you noticed the protections at his ankles. Previously used to prevent his knees to hit each other when driving his F1 car, he now uses that in case Kimi would hit his ankles with his own shopping cart :lol: :lol:

West
West

Hey Tomba, your "headline" is incorrect. For Honda staying w/ BAR, I think you meant David Richards, not Flavio Briatore
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

IS THIS STALE NEWS ALREADY?????

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=50642

while this is not too relevant it at least gives hopes of the dream MH-JV pairing at williams. then the kids (alonso and button) will know how the game is played :)

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=50660