Media Changes for 2009

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ISLAMATRON

Media Changes for 2009

Media

The FIA will publish the weights of all cars after qualifying at each Event.

For greater clarity for spectators and media, wet tyres have been renamed "intermediate" and extreme-weather tyres renamed “wet”.

On the first day of practice all drivers must be available for autograph signing in their designated team space in the pit lane.

All drivers eliminated in qualifying must make themselves available for media interviews immediately after the end of each session.

Any driver retiring before the end of the race must make himself available for media interviews after his return to the paddock.

All drivers who finish the race outside the top three must make themselves available immediately after the end of the race for media interviews.

During the race every team must make at least one senior spokesperson available for interviews by officially accredited TV crews.

A number of further amendments were adopted for the 2009 Technical Regulations. Full details will be available shortly on www.fia.com.

Callum

Re: Media Changes for 2009

ISLAMATRON wrote: The FIA will publish the weights of all cars after qualifying at each Event.
...why not just let us know how many litres of fuel they are carrying?

Spencifer_Murphy

because the chances are the cars are running at the minimum allowed weight (when fuel is drained). Thus:

Measured Weight - Regulation Minimum Weight = Weight of Fuel

We can then workout (or the pundits can!) how many litres or laps of fuel this equates to.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

WhiteBlue

This is long over due. They should push this regulation forward each year until they get somewhere close to what happens in NASCAR.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

alelanza
alelanza

This is excellent stuff, ALL radio communicactions accessible? i'm surprised adn delighted. I thought Ferrari would rather not use the radio at all before allowing people to listen in :D

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73763
Alejandro L.

timbo
timbo

alelanza wrote:This is excellent stuff, ALL radio communicactions accessible? i'm surprised adn delighted. I thought Ferrari would rather not use the radio at all before allowing people to listen in :D

Why everyone points fingers at Ferrari? Had everyone heard anything from McLaren, except after race "Lewis you're great blah-blah-blah"?

hulmerist

the only people i remember hearing consistently is renault

and even then it was mostly hurry up messages

natef1
natef1

timbo wrote:
alelanza wrote:This is excellent stuff, ALL radio communicactions accessible? i'm surprised adn delighted. I thought Ferrari would rather not use the radio at all before allowing people to listen in :D

Why everyone points fingers at Ferrari? Had everyone heard anything from McLaren, except after race "Lewis you're great blah-blah-blah"?
Yeah, but I think everyone acknowledges that too.

What does it matter now anyway, if we are going to get full radio then that's great, and let history be just that. History.

alelanza
alelanza

timbo wrote:

No finger pointing, it's just one of those things :)
Who can't remember 'Rubens let Michael through' playing in their heads? it's a classic ;)
And yes i know team orders were/are common place amongst all teams.
Anyways i guess we're all a bit tense given the Melbourne anticipation mixed in with last minute rule changes, so i apologize if that offended any red fan.

EDIT: i think i have heard transmissions during 08 from all the teams except Ferrari/McLaren, with of course the good ol 'you destroyed the death star Luke' transmission at the end of LH's win/pole as you've pointed out ;)
Alejandro L.