11th F1 team?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Irvingthien
Irvingthien

11th F1 team?

Reports in Autosport.com says that F300 champions Arden could jump into F1 on a low cost basis. Still don't know what engine they will use, yet? What's your view on this???

marcush.
marcush.

and promising15 million pounds as a budget....haha that is ralfs retainer alone....I cannot imagine how they could compete ....btw what is minardis budget?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well 15 million pounds is about 25 million dolares.....Minardis budget is around 47 million dolares......So I really don't think Arden can compete with such a small budget...unless the car is bought from another team and engines are for free....and also include 2 pay drivers.... :lol: ...if they compete with that budget and beat Minardi in 2 seasons their from Supermans family.

West
West

That would be pretty sweet if Arden came in. They should use the FW25 as a basis of their car.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

wowf1
wowf1

I can't believe what i heard on Speed-sunday about Arden joining F1. If they want to be competitive, (which we know they won't be anyway) then they'll have to design their car, and maybe engine/gearbox from scratch. If you don't believe me about that then look at Jordan, Minardi, Sauber and kind of even Jaguar. They all use an engine or gearbox or more ( :wink: mr. sauber ) from another supplier. And none of them are competitive.

The thing is, you can't really make a lot of money out of motorsport unless you have a road-car division as well, and are very very successful. Arden have none of these, and will find it difficult mustering sponsorship with enough cash attached seeing as every current F1 team is struggling with retaining/getting new sponsorship as it is.

I know i for one wouln't sponsor Arden if i was in charge of a multi-million dollar company (i'm only 16 so not yet anyway!!!) And who would want to? Too much risk attached.

rob

West
West

Ligier should come back. I miss the blue cars. Even Mirage (the generation 1 transformer) was a ligier, with "Citanes" branding.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

If Ligier should come back.....what about Lotus? Tyrrell? March? Brabham? Everyone of these teams have more history then Ligier....bur in any case Ligier was the Racing Blue.....and 100% French team should be in F1.

West
West

Yeah, I forgot about Lotus. Tyrell was bought out by BAR though so I dunno... didn't March make cars for Indy racing? Brabham... I think they are good enough w/ the sons racing endurance cars.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Even being bought ou by BAR, I think that Tyrrell have the "history" they need.....but like the other teams they would start from scratch.....not being taking over BAR.

j4kwan
j4kwan

whatever happened to the US Redbull team???

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

That's a "Search for a US driver" programme,Red Bull wants to have a US driver in F1 under their sponsor to increase their marketing sales in the States.Getting JV might come good though.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

That is right....I don't really believe that they intend to create a new team....they'll just increase he sponsorship to Sauber (probably) or will start sponsoring a new team....cause the Sauber team isn't really a very intedependant team....it's has some clauses in the engine contract that the public never heard of!!!!