oz gp re runs on bbci

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet
Giblet

Re: oz gp re runs on bbci

It still doesn't explain why you speak about anyone in such an unrespectable way.

It's about respect, but a calling someone a buffoon who deserves some respect, makes you, well, buffoon like.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Agreed Murray Walker did make mistakes on his commentary. And it's my opinion they got worse as the years progressed. And the argument can be made that as a person solely reporting the facts, he fell short. But that's not what Murray Walker is about.
His enthusiasm, his obvious love for the sport shone through each and every moment. That, to me, is what's important. His contagous enthusiasm infected many fledgling fans, and I am one who caught his love and passion for the sport.
Formula One is about cars, technology, many facts and laws of physics. But it's also about human beings, challenging for the fight. Fans cheering, maybe saddened by the events. It's one thing for a reporter to state facts and figures. But Murray brought the emotions right into each and every fan's living room.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

nae
nae

oh I am so sorry that i have upset people by mentioning that there was reruns on the telly, which is clearly a bit of build up from the beeb

it was evocative and good to see the old cars with the drivers looking ,well, visible
and the way it was cut together it looked like there was a whole raft of over taking and only some illegal moves and defo no politics (on the screen at least)

for me it was spoiled by some aged old idiot SCREAMING at the top of his voice
and not only that it was often the wrong information

he may be an affable chap but a commentator he should have never been, he came from an age when he was ni on the only man willing to do the job and after a few years of it was the only candidate that anyone knew

none of which made him good at it

rationing brings back memories of good times for the old these day but i certianly dont want to it return

and pmsl at threats of death for dissin the walker, ever so mature

this, unless i am mistaken, is an internet forum (one of the better ones) where opinion is freely expressed i reserve the right to be opinionated and conversely reserve your (as a whole) right to be the same

anyway

bring on the racing and let the speculation stop.
..?

axle
axle

nae wrote:oh I am so sorry that i have upset people by mentioning that there was reruns on the telly, which is clearly a bit of build up from the beeb

it was evocative and good to see the old cars with the drivers looking ,well, visible
and the way it was cut together it looked like there was a whole raft of over taking and only some illegal moves and defo no politics (on the screen at least)

he may be an affable chap but a commentator he should have never been, he came from an age when he was ni on the only man willing to do the job and after a few years of it was the only candidate that anyone knew

rationing brings back memories of good times for the old these day but i certianly dont want to it return

this, unless i am mistaken, is an internet forum (one of the better ones) where opinion is freely expressed i reserve the right to be opinionated and conversely reserve your (as a whole) right to be the same

anyway

You really are a nasty person. You could have apologised for your comments but no you continue to slate him.

Sad, very sad.
- Axle

Hawkeye

Murray Walker, legend, end of.

Keir

nae wrote:oh I am so sorry that i have upset people by mentioning that there was reruns on the telly, which is clearly a bit of build up from the beeb

anyway

I do find your attitude to be somewhat petulant and grossly arrogant.
What's more you appear to have confused freedom of speech with the right to throw around personal insults.

Murray Walker spoke with passion, enthusiasm, and with an excitement not seen since he retired (for the second time). Let us not forget he fitted more into his 'first life' before he became F1's voice than many of us will do into the whole of ours.
He fought in the war and became a highly succesful marketing executive before fully embracing his life as a commentator. Idiot is certainly not a term that can be levelled at him.

McMacca
McMacca

Where do we sign up to slap muppets for disrespecting Murray?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

McMacca wrote:Where do we sign up to slap muppets for disrespecting Murray?
Ill happly put my name on that petition.

Myurry is a F1 ledgend. Watching the red button (Sky) replays, and has reminded me how much we all miss him!!!

nae
nae

axle wrote:
You really are a nasty person. You could have apologised for your comments but no you continue to slate him.

Sad, very sad.
boo hoo
no i am not a nasty person but youll have to take my word for that
i dont however go on national telly every week and make and arse out of my self, i keep that for winding up idiots on forums, and to be fair to the legend that is MW doesnt now either (soon to be revised)

I am just a bit forthright with MY VIEWS especially in the face of blatant sycophancy

why would I apologise for MY views?

should i perhaps suddenly love his commenting skill becuase YOU say so despite
years of evidence that i witnessed first hand that lead me to have them

hmm i must think on that and see if my conformist nature agrees with you

time passes

no, it doesnt nor is it suddenly likely to change
Keir wrote:
I do find your attitude to be somewhat petulant and grossly arrogant.
What's more you appear to have confused freedom of speech with the right to throw around personal insults.

Murray Walker spoke with passion, enthusiasm, and with an excitement not seen since he retired (for the second time). Let us not forget he fitted more into his 'first life' before he became F1's voice than many of us will do into the whole of ours.
He fought in the war and became a highly succesful marketing executive before fully embracing his life as a commentator. Idiot is certainly not a term that can be levelled at him.
have you ever been to an art gallery when they call an exhibition 'daring' or 'adventurous' no? nor have I becuase reading between the lines its means utter rubbish

'passion, enthusiasm, and with an excitement' translates into 'talks out his arse'
and often confuses his own views with fact (which your MW is well know for)

some see that as endearing , i however dont

i dont recall dissin his achievements which when he where a lad where (in the broadcasting field) reserved for a selected few, prior to that he wasnt a public figure and i dont recall commenting on that.

fought in the war ,
swoons, youll find that nearly all the men of fighting age in Europe did that at the time, and some (god , if you court such fantastical notions, bless them even DIED)

i do however like the accusation of personal insults given in a none direct manor
(that is to say not in a medium that your beloved MW is ever likely to read or from a person he is ever likely to meet in a semi anonymous forum) directly after a personal insult (by your definition and gaily banded about no less) directed and landed at the person

freedom of speech includes things that might upset you and perhaps make you go cry to mummy

i doubt i have been slanderous of the man or committed libel i have no evidence for my comments other than some 20 years of broadcast media in which he said the things he said and acted the way he did

i certainly dont miss him as a commentator

in a way this has amused me greatly (even made me think a bit)
who knew the depth of feeling (however misplaced) there was about an ex commentator
which sets me wondering as to why people have this view, is it the same sense of love that abused spouses keep for there abuser, is it rose tinted glasses of times long forgotten, is it what daddy says, is it the new found football fanism support for F1, who knows

to clarify my VIEW, to say that Schumacher is in a Williams (whilst being on screen in a Benetton at the time) is idiotic. its not just lacking in observational skills (his job at the time)

to scream at the top of his voice is (in MY VIEW) acting like a buffoon, it certainly isn't the behaviour of a gentleman (which to be fair to MW he is at all other times when not being a commentator)

go direct your anger elsewhere its not big and its not clever, it invites comment and does little to express the positives in the gene pool
..?

Giblet
Giblet

Wow caps in your argument.

Yeah, that's it, we just couldn't hear your opinions.

You call someone an idiot and buffoon to prove an opinion, which you don't need to do. State it and move on.

Most people liked MW and his commentating, and YOU DON'T.

Do the caps help you understand like it helped us?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

alelanza
alelanza

I'm no brit, but he was fantastic as a commentator. To explain why someone is charming is not too different from explaining someone is annoying, it just happens and there's not much point in debating it in a place like this. What's worth mentioning though is that everyone deserves respect, and I also find it scary to see this much hate in the air.
Alejandro L.

Keir

nae - can I ask, just because it may put your views into perspective, how old you are?

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

You know, this thread is one post away from mud-slinging. We don't need that.
Nae has his opinion on Mr Walker. Although I hold Murray near and dear to my heart, I also support the right to free speech. Right or wrong, nae is entitled to publish his opinion. Time to move on.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.