Traffic Lights

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Conceptual
Conceptual

Re: Traffic Lights

I think having a switch that will not allow first gear to be engaged with the fuel nozzle still engaged would be a simple solution to the problem...

Although, that may lose the same tenths that this system brings, but I am sure that it is advantageous, or it would not be in the cargo boxes travelling the globe.

Spencifer_Murphy

SpookTheHamster wrote:There is quite a bit wrong with lollipops, drivers don't pay attention. See how many times the lollipop man twitches and the driver floors it, only to be smacked in the face with the lollipop?
True, but the same problem will happen with the lights. If a driver sees or thinks he sees the light change he'll floor it. And UNLIKE a lollipop (which can be lowered again and the driver will..hopefully but often does not...stop) the traffic lghts can't be switched back to red. (Unless of course that is the supposed change, they've made the system semi-automatic, there's a deadmans handle type device or something)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Kester
Kester

As said previously there is apparently some system in place which prevents the car leaving whilst the fuel hose is attached. I assume this keeps the car in neutral whilst the hose is connected.

axle
axle

Kester wrote:As said previously there is apparently some system in place which prevents the car leaving whilst the fuel hose is attached. I assume this keeps the car in neutral whilst the hose is connected.
AFAIK it stops the lights changing - it will be a microswitch or something that doesn't release the light until the hose is 100% clear.
- Axle

Spencifer_Murphy

Kester wrote:As said previously there is apparently some system in place which prevents the car leaving whilst the fuel hose is attached. I assume this keeps the car in neutral whilst the hose is connected.
I'm fully aware of whats been said before, but I'm not reffering to just the fuel hose, what about if there is a problem with fitting a wheel? What reduncancy system does this have in place for a circumstance like that?
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.