Williams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
West
West

Williams

There are rumors Villeneuve is returning to F1, particularly to Williams. And Frank is not telling anybody what his driver lineup is going to be for next year.

I'm thinking JV and DC, but that is probably a pipe dream (whatever that means).
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Interesting idea. JV is talented but he has a chance of getting Williams seat if he lowers his salary demands. Williams can give him a good car. having him might help williams sell their merchandise in Canada.

Steven
Owner

even in Belgium hehe :oops:

marcush.
marcush.

Honestly ,I would have hired JV last year and sent Monty for some gardening leave....
Montoya is not that bad but he is a bad team player and accused team williams in a very unprofessional way .
JV would have taken that seat for almost nil and with great motivation.
As for the second seat...DC is not really better than Ralf and he is only a tad cheaper ...so that would make a hard decision but not for Williams or patrick head...they will choose Webber or pizzonia.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Don't really think Jaques would take the drive for almost nill....I read an interview with him last year or the year before where he said that he deserved his salary because he was risking his life and anything below that amount would be out of question, the risk wasn't worth it.

But that could just be because of his "fights" with David Richards....trying to explain why he wanted so much. But in any case I believe that if he does come back he will want quite a big check.

West
West

JV should take a substantial paycut though... maybe a 5 million dollar deal w/ performance bonuses would be appropriate.

I think DC is better than Ralf he has won much more races... albeit in a better car. And he'd make better PR than Ralf. He doesn't seem to whine as much either

If I had to risk my life in the crappy BAR cars that JV drove then I too would have wanted a crap load of money. :lol:

But hey a Williams or a Ferrari and you really dont need more money than u can use in a lifetime or two :lol:

Something tells me JV sees it the same way and IF he gets a chance to grab the Williams seat I think he will take it. He will want to try and beat Schumacher and Montoya and Button&BAR. given the recent form of the BAR and Ferrari he might not make it but I think he would give it a bloody good shot if he got a competetive ride.

/ Fx

Steven
Owner

oh well... Ralf sucks, it's as simple as that. I know if for many years now, since he drove Fisichella off with his Jordan (his teammate then) at France 19xx, don't know exactly anymore...
I would kick him out so hard this year that he won't ever see a williams car again ;)
Monty-JV would for me be the dream team to beat Schumacher at the moment. I am confident they are both capable of doing that, if only they all drove a Ferrari. But hey... Williams is exellent too, and as I had in karting today, a crappy kart makes you drive sluggish, but a stint after that, I had one with a perfectly fitting seat, nice pedals, and I won the bloody thing ;)

Same with JV... damn I hope he'll be back soon!

marcush.
marcush.

the difference is :you have to take what you get when you loan a cart,but those guy sleep in the bed they made...and moan about it...
Ralf as well as DC or monty they are all the same .When they win they are heros and judged everything to perfection ,when they loose it was a shitbox they drove ,the officials were at fault or a damn idiot claimed their space on the track without any right.....I´d be glad to see Ralf and Dc find new lifes outside F1,they have earned a lot ,possibly more than they deserved .Monty has the chance to show he is as good as Schu in turning around the ship at mc...but I doubt he is the right man for that.
Would like to see dixon or rossi instead...

West
West

I think the next drivers for Williams will be Tarzo Marques and Alex Yoong, because they are good. In their own way.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I found someone better then Tarso Marques.....Gaston Mazzacan!!!!!

About Ralf driving Fissichella off the track....it wasn't in France it was in Argentina 1997.

walter
walter

I highly doubt that Alex Yoong will ever show up in F1 again. The chances of JV getting back on the grid in a Williams is likely, but you have to remember that many drivers that dropped out haven't came back (except Jos). Furthermore, it looks like the last chapters of DC's F1 carreer, and he is pretty old there on the grid. I am speculating that Williams may snatch up Dixon as a driver for next year just like they did with Montoya a couple of years ago. Dixon seemed to have a promising pace even though he didnt test much (and with a slightly weaker car).

West
West

Nigel Mansell came back to Williams and won Adelaide in 1994. But in 1995 for McLaren i heard he sucked cuz he was too fat for the car.

marcush.
marcush.

Great comebacks?What about Niki Lauda who was lured back into a cockpit by Ron Dennis and was World champion for a third time .
Or what about Prost,who was sacked by Ferrari prematurely and came back after a year and claimed the title 93 only to retire again?
About the new heroes:If one looks back at the Impact Senna made when he first tested a F1 car ,and the same is true forSchumacher who sent almost all of his teammates into premature retirement(Gachot,de Cesaris,
Piquet,Lehto,Verstappen,Patrese almost Brundle and Herbert.
any Questions concerning the prospects of the new heroes?

graveltrap
graveltrap

Isn't there still some sort of a contract between Button and Williams?

For the rest it's gossips and guessing maybe that's better of at a normal F1 site :wink: But that's just me..