Lewis third, Jarno given 25s penalty > Trulli 3rd, Lewis DSQ

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
freedom_honda

Re: Lewis third, Jarno handed 25 sec penalty

the stewards finally did someone right.

axle
axle

db__ wrote:Does this qualify as the worst result on record for a returning Champion?
I think it must.

LOL they expected to walk away with no points from Oz...and it looks like they've now succeeded in doing that!
- Axle

axle
axle

freedom_honda wrote:the stewards finally did someone right.
No denying that, it also appears that they should listen to the radio chatter before giving a virdict in the first place. After all the penalty was handed out post race.
- Axle

ernos5

hahahahahahahahahaha all those Hamilton supporters were raving how good he is.

:D :D :D :D :D

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA OWNED

axle
axle

ernos5 wrote:hahahahahahahahahaha all those Hamilton supporters were raving how good he is.

:D :D :D :D :D

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA OWNED
I've noticed most of your posts are just LH bashing anyway, so I was waiting for your usual quality of post :roll:
- Axle

ernos5

waynes wrote:
myurr wrote:Okay sod this, I really am quitting F1 for this year. The whole thing is a farce and I'm not going to waste any more time with it.
you what?

Hamilton and Mclaren lied to gain an advantage, and have been correctly removed from the results

simple as that
yes correct, although i'm not a Mclaren supporter, i do believe that it's unfair to drag such events over to the next race.

What's next? Hamilton being disqualified from last years championship? :lol: Steward's should have a deadline when everything should be closed and never reopened for quesioning.

vall
vall

LH and McLaren lied about what happened and they deserve the penalty. LH should have told the truth that McL told him to let Trulli pass. But they know that if they say that Trulli will not get penalty and they will not move to 3rd.

waynes
waynes

axle wrote: I've noticed most of your posts are just LH bashing anyway, so I was waiting for your usual quality of post :roll:
to be fair, Hamilton gives out plenty of ammunition

ernos5

Last edited by ernos5 on 02 Apr 2009, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

vall
vall

ernos5 wrote: Steward's should have a deadline when everything should be closed and never reopened for quesioning.
well, if new evidence comes out why not re-open the case? after all it was just 4 days after the race, it's not one year!!!

ernos5

vall wrote:
ernos5 wrote: Steward's should have a deadline when everything should be closed and never reopened for quesioning.
well, if new evidence comes out why not re-open the case? after all it was just 4 days after the race, it's not one year!!!
yer, but it's annoying for fans, they celebrate their hero's achievement, later to be denounced of it. :|

Miguel
Miguel

axle wrote:
No denying that, it also appears that they should listen to the radio chatter before giving a virdict in the first place. After all the penalty was handed out post race.
+1. I can't believe we have open radio chatter and that the stewards didn't bother listening to it when deciding Trulli's penalty. Had it all been handled in a professional fashion, Trulli wouldn't have got a penalty and Hamilton would have got his well-deserved points.

Nevertheless, I believe that the biggest losers are the stewards, though. Now we know they don't check the full evidence in their hands, even in after-race situations and when big points are on the table. What is their level of credibility now?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

NormanBates

this hamilton penalty smells like april's fool... it seems the stewards are investigating some "new evidence", but from there on it sounds pretty improbable (though yes, I do remember 2007's spy case)
ernos5 wrote:btw what happened to our avatars? :S
it seems like it's just a link to an image in
http://www.racesimulations.com/phpbb/im ... e10f29.jpg
which seems to have been erased

vall
vall

ernos5 wrote:
vall wrote:
yer, but it's annoying for fans, they celebrate their hero's achievement, later to be denounced of it. :|
all I have to say is that it very often happens in other individual sports and I see no reason way F1 should be an exception...... You do wrong , you get penalty. Example, in the athletics, you win but then the referees see you stepped into the corridor of others, so you get disqualified....

axle
axle

You are right BUT, McLaren lodged the protest knowing full well they were lying. So the stewards should never have been involved as McLaren should never have appealed!
Miguel wrote:
axle wrote:
+1. I can't believe we have open radio chatter and that the stewards didn't bother listening to it when deciding Trulli's penalty. Had it all been handled in a professional fashion, Trulli wouldn't have got a penalty and Hamilton would have got his well-deserved points.

Nevertheless, I believe that the biggest losers are the stewards, though. Now we know they don't check the full evidence in their hands, even in after-race situations and when big points are on the table. What is their level of credibility now?
- Axle