F1 teams back revolution

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Culture
Culture

F1 teams back revolution

The Formula One teams have agreed to sweeping changes that will dramatically change the future face of Grand Prix racing.
The teams were in almost complete agreement over the "revolutionary proposals. One of those proposals includes using a single tyre manufacturer and smaller engines, there was a wide measure of agreement to reduce engine costs by 50%.

I expect more suspense with all those changes.

Culture

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Good to hear about the agreement.End the tyre war and lots of development money will be saved.WOnder who will drop out?I hope tthe changes isn't downforce related becuase teams like Minardi and Jordan will struggle for their inferior chasis that lacks downforce,while other big teams can have development money to find more downforce.If that happens,he gap of F1 teams will open up and means less suspense.

rob2004
rob2004

hmmm am i the only one who is cynical about this.... to me all these changes will ahieve is a redistribution of resources and maybe a season or two of closer racing before everything goes back to normal and then the highest payer will win again.

my feeling is that it's onlya team like toyota who are underperforming for their budget are going to benefit.
today's fast is tomorrow's sauber