What are Mclaren doing!?!?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

As far as I understand Neway wanted to make clear that he was not impressed about Mario illien pushed aside by Mercedes recently.Neways and Illiens ties go back to times when Illmor started their businessso theres lots of respect and perhaps friendship involved..
Now that Mercede has cut off those stuttgart blockwarts things can improve ...Mario illien has announced he will change bore /Stroke dimensions asap...so he did not have any say in the latest designs....no wonder about the failure series....

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

hey all. yeah i'm gonna disagree with you on that one Monstro. I believe in 1994 that Lotus had round $16m for the season, Simtek a lil less and Pacific around 10-12 (not too sure on the last one).
I remember them saying then that $16m could basically get you to compete and probably qualify for all rounds but that was about all....
Not sure what Minardis current budget to do the same these days is (round $40m??)

Vasco

Why on earth do Mclaren have to race the new car in france??? Its obvious that they are not gonna challenge or the title this year, so why dont they simply race the car immediatley? At least they would get more track time and would hence understand the car better as each race goes by.

bernard
bernard

Why on earth do Mclaren have to race the new car in france??? Its obvious that they are not gonna challenge or the title this year, so why dont they simply race the car immediatley?
They probably want to make it ready first, to save themselves from even more negative publicity, you know "Mclarens new car is a snail", "Mclaren still unable to compete, even with a new car!"
So they'll make it ready first, they haven't got anything to lose so why rush into bad decisions.

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

i believe that they also have an issue with regards to spare parts for the new car as well which wouldn't be too bad in France but more problematic in Canada... And whilst Kimi has said the new car seems to be a good improvement, the feeling I got from the interview with Martin Whitmarsh was that it isnt such a huge improvement that they want to race it straight away..... I truly hope it is....