2010 regulation row on £40m budget cap

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet
Giblet

Re: 2010 regulation row on £40m budget cap

I typed some stuff, didn't like, and deleted it.

Can't delete my own message so here is what you get.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

flynfrog

Giblet wrote:I typed some stuff, didn't like, and deleted it.

Can't delete my own message so here is what you get.
is that why they are winning so many races this year?

If they would have stayed in I would agree with you the got out at the worst time possible.

paused

flynfrog wrote: If they would have stayed in I would agree with you the got out at the worst time possible.
I think Murphy had some law about such things.

flynfrog

paused wrote:
flynfrog wrote: If they would have stayed in I would agree with you the got out at the worst time possible.
I think Murphy had some law about such things.
If I ever find Murphy Im going to kick his ass.

WhiteBlue

Is it popular to put out all these prophecies because the majority of users likes FIA and Mosley bashing? Or do you simply rely on people to forgive and forget? Have a bet with me about the outcome of this year's row and risk something instead!

I bet you that we will have a nice field of teams in 2010 with more than half of the existing FOTA teams on the grid. There will be no dumbing down to F3000 or GP2 and no FOTA series. I have a 100 $ bill that says so much.
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 05 Jun 2009, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal comments about forum members
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

bill shoe
bill shoe

Force India has abandoned FOTA and signed up with the FIA:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 0997&FS=F1

Mosley is probably worried that crushing FOTA will be too easy and quick. He would prefer one or two delicious, succulent team defections per week so he could savor FOTA's collapse over several months. Instead it will all go down in a couple days with no real time to enjoy.

Ciro Pabón

flynfrog wrote:If I ever find Murphy Im going to kick his ass.
:D lol. Joke of the month.
bill shoe wrote:Force India has abandoned FOTA and signed up with the FIA:

Mosley is probably worried that crushing FOTA will be too easy and quick. He would prefer one or two delicious, succulent team defections per week so he could savor FOTA's collapse over several months. Instead it will all go down in a couple days with no real time to enjoy.
I think Mosley has discovered where the real power resides. He has a lot to take out of his chest, after the spank-gate. The concentration of power is becoming a thing to worry about.

I think that explains what WB calls "Mosley bashing": clearly fans feel uneasy about it. FIA and basic democracy don't go together yet.

The base of FIA is national clubs, but the voice of their members is rarely heard. I'm a member of my club, I take that seriously, but the mechanism are not in place: FIA does his wishes, I have no way to influence the outcome of its decissions. Even FOTA cannot oppose FIA's will... so, what hopes do we have?

My wildest theories about the Spanky bussiness include Ecclestone. :) So, I wonder if the next clash will be with FOM: perhaps that explains why Mosley could be in a hurry to resolve the "teams issue".

After mighty Ferrari is crushed, only Ecclestone stands in his "way". Mosley is not a rich man, who knows if he wants to be one?
Ciro

ISLAMATRON

MAX MOSLEY
POWER... UNLIMITED... POWER!!!!!!!!

WhiteBlue

bill shoe wrote:Force India has abandoned FOTA and signed up with the FIA:

So it has already started. Exactly as predicted, only the order is slightly different.

Ciro, Max Mosley is not a poor man, because his family always had money and titles. He made some money with Bernie as a team manager and invested the proceeds in real estate with good success I understand. So he isn't specteacularly rich like Branson, or Ecclestone or Briatore. The difference to theese people is he was always rich and never had the need to live off a paid position in his life. He never had a boss who could tell him what to do. Perhaps that creates a bit of a lofty attitude. Perhaps he feels that Luca Cordero di Montezemolo has no business to tell him im public via his team manager how to govern F1.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

timbo
timbo

WhiteBlue wrote:So it has already started. Exactly as predicted, only the order is slightly different.
It is not "exactly" then, ain't it?

Really, FI is small fish. It would be interesting to see where Ross would go. So far he is with FOTA.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:So it has already started. Exactly as predicted, only the order is slightly different.

Really, FI is small fish. It would be interesting to see where Ross would go. So far he is with FOTA.
If McLaren switch then BGP is sure to follow their engine suppply.

WhiteBlue

timbo wrote:

No, you are right. Not exactly. I thought McMerc would go first. But things apparently are different in detail to what is reported. We only had the information that Mercedes initiative failed and FOTA did some grandstanding last Sunday.

Now it appears from comments in AMuS that the FOTA proposal in writing is a lot less provocative as it was presented by Ferrari. The pitty is you never know what is really said and written until it is much too late.

I still do not see an alternative to a negotiated settlement. F1 does not want to run without the big teams next year and FOTA will never have the support of the automotive boards for an own series. The break away would rely on Ferrari, Red Bull and wealthy individuals like Briatore. Without TV contracts they would have a hard time getting it off the ground. So the best is still negotiated settlement.

Montezemolo and Mosley are not coming to the race. So do not expect any progress before next week. In the meantime more teams may pull the rip cord on FOTA to make sure there is a chair when the music stops.

timbo
timbo

WhiteBlue wrote:I still do not see an alternative to a negotiated settlement.
Well, I agree on that. BUT, I believe that the settlement is only possible if Max steps a bit down and gives teams some power.

Chaparral

So it has already started. Exactly as predicted, only the order is slightly different.

Ciro, Max Mosley is not a poor man, because his family always had money and titles

The only prediction I will make is you will change hands - and Mosley whilst wealthy through his family also took a reported $300 million 'donation' from Ecclestone back in 2000 for his help with the rights of F1 going across to Ecclestrone who on sold them for a couple of billion to CVC - believe it or not so go seek that one out my friend.
No, you are right. Not exactly. I thought McMerc would go first
I admire Brawn on his stand and no he doesnt need Merc power plants to win - could be Cosworth or Ferrari or Renault in the back of that car - its just a damm good design full stop.

This whole thing will go down to the wire and FOTA will not back down - who cares about Force India for gods sake tail enders at best. :)
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

mcdenife
mcdenife

This whole thing will go down to the wire and FOTA will not back down - who cares about Force India for gods sake tail enders at best. :)
Regardless, its not true. According the Fi commercial director Ian Phillips live during 2nd practice today (he was asked the question by a listener via email). He said he doesnt know where that came from or how it was suppossed to happen if the entries had to be in on the 29 May.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.