Who should be blame????

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
syamillion
syamillion

Who should be blame????

in the past three month, ferrari shows their superiority by winning all the GP just by MS...did u think that somebody or everybody should be blame for this situation.isn't MS and ferrari fault??? or maybe this is FIA and others team that not take serious action on this..
SYAMiLLiON

West
West

Ferrari does give team orders and does insanely favor MS over Barrichello, but he is that much better than his teammate.

Williams and McLaren have taken revolutionary approaches and have not realized the full potential of their designs. McLaren is the perfect example of this. They probably took the adage of "taking risks" a little too far this season...

Ferrari on the other hand have just done continual evolutions of the F2001 and look where the car is... each year the car just gets better and better significantly. Their car has been dominant if not insanely strong, and what happens when u IMPROVE a superior car?

BAR and Renault are doing the same, evolving their previous year's cars and look where they are. BAR is probably the only real contender to Ferrari (albeit a long shot) and Renault is hampered by the fact that its engine isn't exactly up to par. However, they didn't take the big step Williams and McLaren did (which is, at this point of the season, backwards).

Ferrari are that good, as much as I hate to admit it.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

marcush.
marcush.

Honestly I do not see a revolution on Mclarens nor on williams approach.
Williams does not look different apart from that nose....infact the whole rear of the car seems very conservative compared to ferrari or Renault.
As for the Mclaren ,didn´t we see that car last year...???so what is revolution then,daring to take it to the track,perhaps?
Thankfully BAR and Renault do work efficiently on their programme so Michelin can prove they are not the ones at fault....
In any case Maclaren and Williams would better think about their approach to beat Ferrari...

West
West

I said revolutionary because the appearances and engineering behind the front noses are radical departures from the "traditional" front nose.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

design of the nose is of course something obvious,both designs a real challenge to comply with the crashtestrequirements adding weight in areas where you don´t want to have that weight.Add to that the twinkeel layout with its stiffness and weight issues and you are on track to find out
where it all starts to go wrong.just the odd compromise in the wrong direction and the tenths disappear...adding to that some team turbulence
in form of driver or other personal issues and the potential assult on the worldtitle goes up in steam...anyone out ther betting on two twinkeel cars on the grid at the end of this year?

dumrick
dumrick

As a matter of fact, this month's issue of french Sport-Auto magazine has two reports called "Why aren't they Schumacher?" and "Why aren't they Ferrari?".

Roughly, they defend that Williams and McLaren have a bad time having the support they need from BMW and Mercedes, having the need to show results (as opposed to Ferrari and Renault, who take full responsability from their policies and management options, reporting internally).
Montoya is described as not focusing in performance as much as Schuey away from the track (diet, fitness), Ralf as inconstant, Alonso as still learning and impatient and Kimi as not caring or having the smallest sensitivity for tuning the car or developing it and not comunicating with the team.

In a personal basis, I believe that McLaren is as bad as it is because of the lack of a strong leading driver, with the ability to point the direction in development. David may be a hard worker and they may have two excellent test drivers, unfortunately none of them is the guy who is expected to be trying to be on pole (David is not that fast, the others are at home). Maybe JPM will be a solution (I'm sure that why they contracted him).
Regarding Williams, their package is not as revolutionary as it looks, so that isn't to blame for anything.
Even if I don't like Ferrari, I'm sure every other team could use a Jean Todt and the stability they are enjoying.

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

McLaren,Williams and Michelin should be blamed for this.Despite promising so much in pre season they failed to win a single race. Michelin's competitiveness has faded since Ferrari complained about their tyres so it will be a long time before they are on level terms with Bridgestone.