Schumacher as the stig?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gridwalker
gridwalker

Re: Schumacher as the stig?

NO, I AM SPARTACUS ... Erm ... I mean The Stig ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

wrcsti
wrcsti

KiwiF1 wrote:
ernos5 wrote:and now the top gear leader board is headed by another Ferrari =D>
I expect them to surely take it down as it is not road legal. Heck they even took the Caparo T1 (was that its name, i dont remember?) off cause even though it was road legal it was not within reason to actually use it as one (couldnt get over speed bumps and so on).

Schumi being stig is for sure a joke, but it was an incredible moment for sure (EDIT: two for sures, im becoming an F1 driver if seems). I noticed during the Fxx lap the driving to be different to the stigs, it was on another level, simply flawless. And for sure, that was because the driver is in fact on another level.
Notice how the top car was the caparo T1 and the FXX was 7 seconds faster.

gridwalker
gridwalker

wrcsti wrote:
KiwiF1 wrote:
ernos5 wrote:and now the top gear leader board is headed by another Ferrari =D>
I expect them to surely take it down as it is not road legal. Heck they even took the Caparo T1 (was that its name, i dont remember?) off cause even though it was road legal it was not within reason to actually use it as one (couldnt get over speed bumps and so on).

Schumi being stig is for sure a joke, but it was an incredible moment for sure (EDIT: two for sures, im becoming an F1 driver if seems). I noticed during the Fxx lap the driving to be different to the stigs, it was on another level, simply flawless. And for sure, that was because the driver is in fact on another level.
Notice how the top car was the caparo T1 and the FXX was 7 seconds faster.
I believe that the car at the top of the board was a Gumpert : I remember mentioning the Gumpert to my girlfriend at the time of the live broadcast ...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd need to check.

Screenshot, anyone?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

roost89
roost89

gridwalker wrote:
wrcsti wrote: Notice how the top car was the caparo T1 and the FXX was 7 seconds faster.
I believe that the car at the top of the board was a Gumpert : I remember mentioning the Gumpert to my girlfriend at the time of the live broadcast ...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd need to check.

Screenshot, anyone?
The previous fastest car is the Gumpert. A list is here
Last edited by roost89 on 22 Jun 2009, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

timbo
timbo

WTF people, he clearly lost his touch :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhApOKwv5bs[/youtube]

oj1983
oj1983

jddh1

timbo wrote:WTF people, he clearly lost his touch :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhApOKwv5bs[/youtube]
that was really funny. i'm sure schumi had fun "stalling" that car and smashing it. brave cameraman though.

tommylommykins
tommylommykins

It's a shame that Schumi didn't elect to actually do a proper lap in the Suzuki Liana to compete with the other F1 drivers: I'd have liked to have seen where he would have come in... It doesn't sem like it's a new thing though...

jddh1

tommylommykins wrote:It's a shame that Schumi didn't elect to actually do a proper lap in the Suzuki Liana to compete with the other F1 drivers: I'd have liked to have seen where he would have come in... It doesn't sem like it's a new thing though...
I think the other drivers used a different "cheap" car.

tommylommykins
tommylommykins

No, no: All F1 drivers drive the Liana, which is the one that Schumi drove, so he would have been on the same playing field as the rest of them....

modbaraban
modbaraban

ISLAMATRON wrote:fast but ugly
jon-mullen wrote:That fast is beautiful, though.
Yes Showey is fast. But I'm not attracted at all.

tarzoon

It seems that the latest incarnation of the Caparo T1 will has a few extra HP...

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrou ... ro_t1.html

JiMbO

theyve got behind the scenes footage on the top gear website but im not in the uk so i cant watch it anybody know how to hide your location??

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/schuey-in-the-FXX

qw56q

Miguel wrote:That is soo much cooler than the F1 intro we spaniards endure in La Sexta:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVxkpDGbFNQ[/youtube]

in order to make f1 more exiting Mosley has decided to give budget capped teams machine guns

ringo

Miguel wrote:That is soo much cooler than the F1 intro we spaniards endure in La Sexta:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVxkpDGbFNQ[/youtube]
why does it seem that the yellow car is alonso and they grey one is lewis hamilton?
The grey one just got blown to smitherines after alonso pushed him into what seems to be an obstacle!
Do the Spanish people dislike him that much that they have to see him get blown to pieces before every GP. :lol:
For Sure!!