Schumi and Montoya touch again

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Schumi lost it.Not Bridgestone.He was the one that crashed himself out and still banging the doors behind the pit garages.What A SORE LOOSER!!!

Steven
Owner

As Montoya said, it's a bad place to do these things behind the safety car, especially because it's high to judge in the tunnel.

Anyway, it's not the first time that Schumi does these things, he should not blame others. I remember people crashed behind him in Monza when he was like driving 20km/h to find good pace since the SC was leaving the track at that time.
Later there has been sth similar at A1Ring, where Montoya urged Schumi to go for it, instead of slowing everybody down the last lap after the safety car.

Furthermore... he knew Montoya was behind, and just a look in his mirror would have told him to better go to the left after his manouvre, since Juan Pablo was on his right trying to avoid him.

AfghanGuy
AfghanGuy

PPL PAY ATTENTION 2 WHAT I GOTTA SAY!!!!!!!!

Alright, da monaco GP was just bullll........okay like it was just bad luck. first oliver panis cant get da car in da proper positions, da SCs and stuff like dat. the way da freakin SATO bumps into schumi in da beginging, it was just bad luck fo michael, alonso, everything was just going wrong.
Ppls opinion about what happened is totally differ, cuz i luv schumi and da ferrari team, and other ppl dont, so they r blaming schumi fo what happebned. this is what i gotta say.

Whatever happened, happened, if schumi wants to slow down da pace he got da right 2 do it, there is no rule that he cant. he got tons of experience and he knows what he is doin. he slows down,,,so WHAT? it was montoyo who hates schumi cuz montoyo is struggling big times this season, he is doin badddddddddddddd, he knew schumi was gonna slow down he shud have too, but he didnt and wanted 2 pass him, there was no need for him 2 do that, he cud have braked too, but he didn;t he wanted 2 go next 2 schumi and make contact wid him. he needs 2 be disciplined..lol..like fo da next race he shud start in 10 place. someting like that.

Re: PPL PAY ATTENTION 2 WHAT I GOTTA SAY!!!!!!!!

AfghanGuy wrote:Alright, da monaco GP was just bullll........okay like it was just bad luck. first oliver panis cant get da car in da proper positions, da SCs and stuff like dat. the way da freakin SATO bumps into schumi in da beginging, it was just bad luck fo michael, alonso, everything was just going wrong.
Ppls opinion about what happened is totally differ, cuz i luv schumi and da ferrari team, and other ppl dont, so they r blaming schumi fo what happebned. this is what i gotta say.

Whatever happened, happened, if schumi wants to slow down da pace he got da right 2 do it, there is no rule that he cant. he got tons of experience and he knows what he is doin. he slows down,,,so WHAT? it was montoyo who hates schumi cuz montoyo is struggling big times this season, he is doin badddddddddddddd, he knew schumi was gonna slow down he shud have too, but he didnt and wanted 2 pass him, there was no need for him 2 do that, he cud have braked too, but he didn;t he wanted 2 go next 2 schumi and make contact wid him. he needs 2 be disciplined..lol..like fo da next race he shud start in 10 place. someting like that.
=D> =D>

after running almost into schumis back at mirabeau it seems odd to get cought unawres again in the tunnel...monty was very calm after the race and this is odd again...so for me he did take him out deliberately..or was Ron dennis on the phone urging him to come to his team and not to extract himself of his contract...

Montoya remembers races from 4 years ago when Schumacher does exactly the same thing but in the tunnel after Schumacher has repeatedly accelerated and braked hard Montoya manages to forget that Schumacher usually accelerates hard and then brakes hard, Trulli manages to remember this and points out that Montoya almost crashed into Schumacher just before the tunnel. Montoya manages to forget that he almost hits Schumacher before tunnel and then forgets that Schumacher most certainly is about to brake hard after he has accelerated hard.

Montoya manages to notice that Schumacher is accelerating hard and that theres is coming smoke from his front tire, this makes me believe that the visability in the tunnel is not bad either.

Intentionally or not Montoya along with Alonso made the biggest misstake so far in the season.

/ Fx

West
West

The thing is Michael apologized for slowing up the field in a poorly way, that Monza incident. I didn't watch the race myself or anything so it does mean that Michael did do something somewhat inappropriate, but that is not to say JPM is guilt free.

Besides Michael did not protest the FIA's decision. BTW, do you think anybody would have cared if Michael won 6 in a row, or more if somebody other than a Ferrari won?
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Schumacher did not apologize for Slowing down the field in a poorly way. Schumacher said he was sorry for whoever suffered from him heating his tires and brakes.

That was 4 years ago and Button hasnt crashed during the formation lap since.

Since everybody does this routine it really shouldnt have come as a surprise to Montoya especially since he almost crashed into Schumacher a few seconds earlier.

At least Montoya didnt blame Schumacher.

/ Fx

Spencifer_Murphy

why does someone have to bare the blame?!

Intentionally or not Montoya along with Alonso made the biggest misstake so far in the season.
I cannot believe that you can justify this fully. you state that just before the tunnel Montoya almost crashes into Michael....IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. It's Known as the consitina effect. You act as if Montoya is the only driver who comes close to others dueing this period and therefore he is at fault. I think you'll find all the drivers come drastically close whilst trying to keep thirt tyres warm. It was a racing incident. They always come close to touching and this time they did. It happens get over it. No one can be blamed for it because Schumi cannot read Montoya's mind neither can Montoya read Michael's mind. MS had no idea Montoya would be so close at that piont because he does not know exactly when Montoya is going to attempt a burnout...also Montoya had no way of knowing that Michael would make a mistake and lock his wheel (yes that is a mistake he never does that normally because it leads to a "flatspot" and irregularity in the tyre). These things happen and no-one can be blamed for it. If anyone is at fault maybe you could say Michael becuase Brake testing in the tunnel isnt the brightest of ideas. But in Michael's defense, he was simply doing all he could to gain an advantage over the opposition...which you need to do if you want to win. You have to take risks to win and this risk didnt work out this time. But you cannot blame one or the other for it.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

hed
hed

why was montoya following schumi so closed anyways??? he is a complete idiot because he's a bloody backmarker. it's not as if he was in contention for the lead. trulli IS in contention, and he's smart enough to back off.

there's nothing wrong with accelerating and breaking hard and swerving from side to side during SC period. that is a plain normal thing to do, nothing complicated and weird about schumi's action.

West
West

in all cases im glad MS crashed out. The sport became better for a moment.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Spencifer_Murphy: Apparantly Montoya did not leave enough room since he hit Schumacher. Schumacher had already begun the accelerating&braking routine so it really shouldnt have come as a surprise to Montoya. Everyone else managed not to crash into each other despite this "consitina effect". Besides had Montoya gone any faster then he would have hit the Safety Car as well.

The thing that really annoys me is that Trulli could see it comming but not Montoya, very strange!

Hopefully Schumacher wins the remaining races.

/ Fx

Spencifer_Murphy

You say that Montoya is stupid for crashing into Michael because "Everyone else" didnt despite the consitina effect...IT HAPPENS. Not always, not often (hence why no one else did). You cannot put either driver at fault...hence why the FIA deems it a "racing incident", it happens simple as...Even if it was intentional (which I doubt), Michael wasn't by anymeans a saint in his days was he? Remember Jerez in 1997? Adelaide 1994? the man used to deliberately run into people at the final race of the season.

In 1994 it paid off for him. His car was already damaged and as Hill came round to overtake schumi's stricken car, MS hit Hill and put him out of the race. That is how the great 6times world champ won his first championship...for a man whith obviously so much talent its a damn discrace. In 1997 at Jerez he barged JV off the track...this time the FIA pulled him up on this and he lost the championship and had his chamionship pionts removed from him for that season. Since then he's matured a lot and I have enourmous respect for him. But when people complain about Montoya and Schumi touching they have got to remember Montoya is just doing his job...as is MS, and they will inevitably touch...that's racing for you. Its about time we saw things like this happening again since the Hill vs Schumi battles in the mid 90's the overtaking has become "tame" nobody takes a risk no more, and I'm sure even Michael thinks that it improves the sport (Obviously he'd like it more if it didnt invole himself...but thats just human).

I really cant see the relevance of what Schumacher has or has not done in previous years has to do with this incident ?

Back in -94 his car seemed to work fine until Hill dived down the inside and put him out of the race.

/ Fx

Spencifer_Murphy

if things tht MS did in the past are of no relevence then why debate about it?! "his car was working fine" you know that is not true because he had a suspension faliure hence the reason why he was coasting. also im not saying tht it has any relevence, im just saying tht those who complain about Montoya's antics should remember tht schumi used to do the same thing...my piont being its just racing...it happens get over it.

I still do not see why everyone is whining and complaining...even MS and JPM now accept it as a racing incident (even if at the time they didn't), so if the people involed dont blame one or the other why should we?!