what university ???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
-KMR_NH-

Re: what university ???

Hi, I'm new and I just have discovered this forum and thread.

I'm didn't want to open a new one, so I'm using this one now.
I'm in a slightly different situation. Just graduated and I'm gonna study in about 14 months. My question isn't where as I can be glad if I'm able to study but what to study? My goal is to become race engineer (prly beginning as some sort of data analyst).

If people listen to me they just say mechanical engineering. Jock Clear said math or aerodynamics.
He additionally mentioned you just need a good degree at a good university.

To the discussion above. I sent E-Mails to various F1 Teams what I can do now and later to get part of a team. Almost every team I asked answered something very similar.
A good degree is just a mandatory thing not worth to mention but necessary. The most important thing is experience gained (in most cases) on the way up from a low Formula class to F1. Cause no F1 teams hires something who just graduated.
So they gave me the advice to gain practical experience during my studies (as much as possible, for sure).
Kimi Räikkönen
Nico Hülkenberg