Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

Technial Developments:

Ferarri doing a BMW Sauber with floor vents to aid cooling???

(Look below the A in Acer)

Toyota & Brawn modeling the Red Bull/STR monocoque humps again:

STR "Red Bull Silverstone" Update:

Toyota Mini Rear Wing:

Williams RBR/STR style centre rear wing slit:

New Style (Almost RBR) A-Symetrical exaushts for McLaren:

New winglets on the F60 front wing end plates:

jon-mullen

I thought the humps were only really there on the RBR to accommodate the suspension?

Hate to throw a wrench in the Brawn/RBR hot/cold argument you've got going here, but it looks it's supposed to be 27 C Saturday with a chance of rain in the AM and 26 C on Sunday partly cloudy. I don't know if you call that hot, it would be a mild day here right now. Not as hot as practice, not as cool as the Nurburgring.

And it seems according to SpeedTV.com Piquet is out after this race.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Richard
Richard

jon-mullen wrote:I thought the humps were only really there on the RBR to accommodate the suspension?
I'm not sure if it the suspension mounts pushing out beyond a normal line of bodywork ... or the body work pulled in.

PlatinumZealot

I think they serve the same purpose as the dumbo ears from last year.. they are like smoothed down versions of those.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

natef1
natef1

Yes according, as already mentioned, to the BBC, they reckon there might be some rain on Saturday.

I seriously doubt it considering

A) It's Hungary

B) It's the BBC weather system

But if it does.. Could really spice it up 8)

megz

Any links to live footage? If so please please please send me a PM - preferably an English feed but its no biggy :) any help appreciated.

Giblet
Giblet

megz wrote:Any links to live footage? If so please please please send me a PM - preferably an English feed but its no biggy :) any help appreciated.
Every race I have had pretty good luck finding a stream on justin.tv.

It can be a mild pain, but I have always been successful when blacked out by the Speed/Fox gang.

Watch the chat box, while ignoring the pests, and you will find links all over.
Before I do anything I ask myself β€œWould an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Professor
Professor

This is a very general assesment and not very technical, but every team will bring an update to Hungary, an update on their 2009 aero package, and an update on their 2009 mechanical package. This circuit is unique, and the only comparison one can make is to compare the cars to the 2008 specs.

True, the rules are not the same, not even close. So no 2008 data is relevant. No team will run an aero or mechanical package that has been used in 2009. There is not one circuit, including Monaco, that has the same demands on the aero or the mechanicals as Hungary. Everyone will run a new combination: new in that these parts have not been run in 2009. The circuit requires a re-think. These are not evolutions of their designs. These are re-thinks of their designs to deal with new parameters required at Hungary. Some will get it right. Some will not.

In conclusion: a team that does not bring a unique 2009 package to Hungary will not figure in the results. The changes in the package are not evolutions of their base design, but necessary mods to facilitate the demands of this track.

Somebody will get it all wrong. Teams that have probs with high speed corners(Macca) have a chance because the circuit is unique and may fit their flawed design.

But nothing used in Hungary will transfer to the other circuits left in the championship. Every Hungary mod will be binned for all other races. And the guys like Macca who may look good will once again look like trash on the high speed circuits like Monza.

Professor
Professor

And the pics featured on this page are too freaking big and blow the page up and makes use difficult. Someone should mod these pics or invest in software that automatically resizes pics. I love them but they are outsized and create downloading probs and navigation probs.

For a couple hundred bucks in IT investment, you could fix this issue. Or, many hours of mod time could fix it. Get on with it!

Rant over!

Professor
Professor

Sorry, Double post.

djos

Professor wrote:And the pics featured on this page are too freaking big and blow the page up and makes use difficult. Someone should mod these pics or invest in software that automatically resizes pics. I love them but they are outsized and create downloading probs and navigation probs.

For a couple hundred bucks in IT investment, you could fix this issue. Or, many hours of mod time could fix it. Get on with it!

Rant over!
No probs here with Firefox 3.5!

Maybe it's time you stopped using IE6.0? :lol:
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

Pics too big? Professor what are you using? One of these? :lol:

πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

freedom_honda

Is it jsut me or Algu (i cant spell his name) chucks his car around a lot? looking on his onboard camera, LOTS of steering correction. his front tyres will be gone in no time.

Gonner
Gonner

McLaren on top again. Please to see the silver arrows where they belong :D

I hope they'll do well in Qualifs AND Race. [-o<

I agree with you freedom honda. He's learning. But he's not in the better place to learn.

djos

Gonner wrote:McLaren on top again. Please to see the silver arrows where they belong :D

I hope they'll do well in Qualifs AND Race. [-o<

I agree with you freedom honda. He's learning. But he's not in the better place to learn.
I'll be very surprised if the grid looks anything like FP3's time sheet order - seriously, Heidfield in P2??? I dont think so!

Brawn and RB where not doing genuine qually simulations imo.
"In downforce we trust"