Singapore GP 2009 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
lewis all the way
lewis all the way

Re: Singapore GP 2009

i agree, what does it matter what there next laps would have been.

the fact is lewis did a quicker lap.

and if there excuse is they wernt pushing on the first lap.....

tough luck!

it is quali, which in my book means "do your fastest lap", so if you dont, dont blame events that stop you doing another.

just my opinion.

dont want to upset anyone, but i have a feeling a rb car will set on fire again here. dont know which one but just have this feeling.

PlatinumZealot

Tazio wrote:
Tazio wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Seb's first lap was 3 tenths slower than Lou's... and he had less fuel onboard than Lou(which should have made him faster)... what more info do we need? He didnt have a bad lap, it was 2nd!!!!
But your assuming it was his best! If you would post a link that Seb says he had a great lap than you are absolutely right.
Please indulge me.
Hold the phone this just in!!! :o :o

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26092009/ ... reams.html
"Unfortunately, when the red flag came out it was my first run on new tyres," he added. "I had previously been on used tyres so my flying lap wasn't as relaxed as it might have been. But at the end of the day it's great to be qualifying near the front again."
Then there is Christian Horners two cents
Team boss Christian Horner said Mark Webber, ultimately fourth on the grid, was also on a quick lap when the Barrichello incident halted the crucial moments of qualifying. "Both our guys were on really strong laps and we felt we could lock out the front row today," he said.

Horner told Italian television that he thinks Vettel's pole margin over Hamilton would have been at least two-tenths
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26092009/ ... flags.html
So I've produced two link inwhich Vet. and Chris say It was not his best.
Of course they could be blowing "Renault engine smoke". I think I'll take it at face value.
After all it dosen't change the fact that he is where he is!
In case your wondering I'm not a fan of his. In fact I have a bet against him. over a slightly different matter!
Even If Vettel got Pole he would still be dead in the water.. his car would be ~650 and Hamilton would be about 659 (assuming they were running full steam about 3/4 lap and 1/2 a lap on the final run).

That's KERS launch + clean side of the track + 4 laps out on Vettel.

Vettel has to fight for 2nd place against Rosberg, Webber, Glock and Alonso today. I predict 4th for him... Just because he can't fight as good as the other guys around him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Miguel
Miguel

One point people seem to disregard with respect to the fuel loads is that these must not be directly used to evaluate speed. When the session was red flagged, quite a few drivers were already on their final hot lap, while at least two (Alonso and Hamilton) weren't, and thus saved 1 lap (3 kg) compared to the others. This is especially important in the case of Hamilton. Lewis left the pit lane with 2 minutes remaining, and had to do a very fast inlap if he wanted to have a second chance. I estimate Lewis saved about 2 laps of fuel.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

myurr
myurr

Miguel wrote:One point people seem to disregard with respect to the fuel loads is that these must not be directly used to evaluate speed. When the session was red flagged, quite a few drivers were already on their final hot lap, while at least two (Alonso and Hamilton) weren't, and thus saved 1 lap (3 kg) compared to the others. This is especially important in the case of Hamilton. Lewis left the pit lane with 2 minutes remaining, and had to do a very fast inlap if he wanted to have a second chance. I estimate Lewis saved about 2 laps of fuel.
Lewis saved two lap's worth of fuel by aborting his outlap when the red flag came out - thus saving the flying lap and in lap (which would only really be half a laps worth of fuel).

Everyone else aborted their flying laps and so saved themselves the fuel of their in lap.

So advantage Lewis to the tune of 1 laps worth of fuel. He would have otherwise been on the same strategy as Rosberg. Vettel would still have been several laps shorter.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Heidfeld gets a 15 place drop and starts from the pits as his engine was found to be under-weight or something like that.

modbaraban
modbaraban

sniffpetrol wrote:

Good afternoon race fans. Sadly today's Sniff Twatting will be cut short as Flav has asked my computer to crash on lap 14.

zgred

So stupid error and drive through.

Heidfeld out and SC.
Last edited by zgred on 27 Sep 2009, 14:47, edited 2 times in total.

tarzoon

lap 20, underdog spinning, safety car, fuel hose malfunction... am I detecting a padron here??

Giblet
Giblet

Wow THANK GOD they showed Lewis Hamilton's concerned GF when an STR was running over his pit crew.

Make it go away. Just like her "band".
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

modbaraban
modbaraban

A man suspiciously looking like Flavio Briatore was spotted lurking around the track fencing with a laser pointer...

modbaraban
modbaraban

What a dull race. The novelty of night racing wore off quite quickly. Other than that, the track is can either host a circus or a parade like this year. Singapore is useless without Piquet.
The Local Ride wrote:I agree re Button, you want to see a world champ playing it cool and also controling races. It seems that Button had no problem winning when there was no pressure and he was by far in the best car, but put him in the middle of a proper f1 championship and he cracks. I think hes a great driver but I cant help but feel he does not deserve the title more than Vettel or Rubi.
King Six wrote:I doubt Button will score points today, he has had the rub of the green throughout the season though, except for his retirement in Belgium. He's been extremely lucky to still have a lead as big as that this point in the season. Maybe it's about time someone actually took out a sizeable chunk of his lead instead of just everyone nibbling at it.
Yeah right. Pressure.

Miguel
Miguel

myurr wrote:Lewis saved two lap's worth of fuel by aborting his outlap when the red flag came out - thus saving the flying lap and in lap (which would only really be half a laps worth of fuel).

Everyone else aborted their flying laps and so saved themselves the fuel of their in lap.

So advantage Lewis to the tune of 1 laps worth of fuel. He would have otherwise been on the same strategy as Rosberg. Vettel would still have been several laps shorter.
I normal circomstances, that would be right. But in this concrete case, due to pit timing, Hamilton really had to hurry up in his inlap. As soon as the session was stopped, Lewis was able to back off. Although I might be exagerating things, and this may be worth only 0.2 laps or so.

EDIT: And this circuit is awful.
Last edited by Miguel on 27 Sep 2009, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

King Six
King Six

This race just proves my point. The guy has constantly had these little lucky things going for him that are out of his control ever since he stopped winning races. Not trying to take anything away from him, and it's more of the fault of the other cars especially Red Bull that keep on messing things up. But Button is constantly getting the right amount of luck when he needs it the most.

The guy's going to win the championship without a doubt now. I was just hoping the season would end in a more exciting manner last last two seasons.

I was really hoping that the season would suddenly open abit more back up into a 4 horse race. Ah well...
Last edited by King Six on 27 Sep 2009, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

ISLAMATRON

THE BOSS takes in all actuality his 2ND Singapore GP win... Great job.

Glock also with a great job and some good luck(Webber slowed down Alonso for Glock to pass), inherited positions from Rosberg & Vettel errors.

Sutil with a terrible mistake, should definitely be penalized for that one.

Notice how Webber had to give back the positions gained from passing off the track, But yet Kimi had to do no such thing... the stewards at SPA are just horrible, destroyed the race 2 years in a row.

Miguel
Miguel

ISLAMATRON wrote:THE BOSS takes in all actuality his 2ND Singapore GP win... Great job.
And here again ISLAMATRON proves that in his world Minkowskian metric does not apply.