Singapore GP 2009 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sticky667
sticky667

Re: Singapore GP 2009

ringo wrote:Red cows and Mclaren for my money, they were the best in Monaco should do well here too.
How were they the best? Jenson managed the tires and the pace outright in Monaco.

PNSD
PNSD

Scotracer wrote:
PNSD wrote:Theres many acceleration and braking points here and quite a few corners. The 6.67 seconds would soon go, and I dont think will be as much as an advantage here.

Brazil is where it should really count!

Engine power is abit lower due to the higher alt, and that hill is pretty steep.
I think it'll be one of the biggest KERS tracks of the year. Either coming out of Juncao or the Senna 'S' will be the best place to use it.
Remember Webbers 2003 qualifying lap? He lost 3/4 tenths in the last sector. All down to engine power. Would have been pole if his engine was upto it. That extra boost will be an amazing advantage to Mclaren and Ferrari.

vasia
vasia

BMW should be interesting, but I think they will dissapoint once again.

Red Bull and Brawn should do well, as should Kimi and Lewis. Williams and Toyota could surprise, both were strong at Singapore last year. Toyota also has a big upgrade apparently coming to their car for Singapore or Suzuka.

PlatinumZealot

Mclaren for me..

new upgrades!!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

lkocev

I think that this is a circuit that could possibly suit McLaren and Ferrari a little better than the other teams. I think that this type of curcuit require good mechanical grip and it would appear that McLaren and Ferrari have that because of the good pace they showed at places like Hungaroring, Valencia, Monza.

I think that KERS might be a bit more beneficial than some might think, because on these type of circuits a car is more or less always subjected to some form of acceleration (be it, braking, turning or throttle acceleration). I think that a little squirt of KERS after key turns followed by deicent straights might be enough to keep a theoreticaly faster car behind, should that be the case with the Brawns or other cars.

King Six
King Six

Renault to win again!

ds.raikkonen

n smikle wrote:Mclaren for me..
What a surprise :lol:
β€œSpeed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ds.raikkonen

Miguel wrote:My Singapore predictions are:
  • Hamilton for the win
  • One safety car deployed, probably due to a crash in Turn 17
  • All Red Bull cars will suffer.
  • Alonso and Rosberg will flirt with the podium... but won't get it.
I have no predictions for Ferrari, since my crystal ball can't see Rosso Corsa. I disagree with ESPImperium regarding Toyota. I think they will be slow, as they were at Monaco and at Valencia.
Talk about having a Nostradamus with us here in this forum.Can you tell us the pit stop times too? or perhaps who ll take the fuel hose with him or do a Piquet this year? :lol:
ds.raikkonen wrote:
n smikle wrote:Mclaren for me..
What a surprise :lol:
β€œSpeed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

PlatinumZealot

23 turns... (lots a braking)

and the average G-force is very low...

A track for KERS and high mechanical grip.

hence, godly braking technique will be the key to winning.

timbo
timbo

n smikle wrote:hence, godly braking technique will be the key to winning.
does godly braking technique include locking inside wheel on every corner entry? :lol:

PlatinumZealot

LOl.. whatever braking is needed to win.

megz

That's rather obvious, they aren't racing on a drag strip. Braking is a necesity at Singapore to avoid dying.

PlatinumZealot

Not to finish the race in one piece.. TO WIN!

Huge difference.. you can be a Luca Badoer be soft and safe and finish the race, but good luck winning it!

I think that was the difference between Barichello and Button in Monza during qualifying.. the use of the Brakes.

ds.raikkonen

I wonder if they have improved the track surface this year. There were some horrible bumps at crucial braking zones, remember the horrible lock up of Rosberg while passing a Renault?Talk about flat spotting your fronts in a gruelling race like this one, totally undesirable.

Miguel
Miguel

ds.raikkonen wrote:Talk about having a Nostradamus with us here in this forum.Can you tell us the pit stop times too? or perhaps who ll take the fuel hose with him or do a Piquet this year? :lol:
No one will crash on purpose to blackmail his team, if that's what you mean.

I feel generous today, so I'll also predict, just for you, that the pole sitter (who won't be a Force India) will attempt a risky three stop strategy, with a first stop around lap 15. Of course, a pit stop at that lap could be converted to a two stopper, depending on traffic. Finally, although RBR is dicing with death (???) lately, they won't run away with the fuel hose.

If you want more predictions, I can tell you that solid silane will become superconducting at 15K and 220 GPa (2.2 megabar)... unless you use a platinum gasket.

BTW: I'm dead serious on the silane stuff and about Red Bull and Toyota sucking here. RBR will just suck a little (i.e. on the verge of points), but I wouldn't bet on Trulli going past Q1.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr