Singapore GP 2009 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
siskue2005

Re: Singapore GP 2009

suzuka is high downforce track

PNSD
PNSD

Scotracer wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:So, in my opinion, bumps on a Formula 1 track totally suck.
Bumps anywhere really suck actually. They kill high speed confidence and unbalance the car.
All part of the challenge - for both the engineers and the drivers.
Agreed, anything that gets the drivers squirming and sparking and the engineers head scratching can only be a good thing!

The bumps were awesome!

Who needs smooth tracks?!

ds.raikkonen

siskue2005 wrote:suzuka is high downforce track
Yeah, otherwise they ll fly off at the 130R or even at the Ss
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

PlatinumZealot

ds.raikkonen wrote:
n smikle wrote:Fast reaction time
High confidence
good memory (of where the bumps are)
Goldy Brake control
Good damping of the car

Are some of the requirements to overcome the bumps then.
And, I believe that Mr.Hamilton & co. have them in abundance then? :lol:
After all, he s the BOSS!What say?

Yes.. glad you see the light. 8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

King Six
King Six

Agreed, anything that gets the drivers squirming and sparking and the engineers head scratching can only be a good thing!

The bumps were awesome!

Also they add to realism and bring F1 back into the realm of normal life. That's why I also like natural race tracks too, you know, tracks the utilise the contours and general topography of the area to more effect. I hate all these new 21st century race tracks that are flat and featureless.

The two new circuits for next season(s) is Korea ('10) and India ('11) - I hope these tracks aren't the typical new-wave Asian tracks, you know, just flat and not much going on. I have a feeling the Indian GP actually might throw something different into F1, though. Although actually it's going to be set in a "planned modern city" and the general area is the Gangetic plain, I hate the word plain. Couldn't they set it in the foothills of the Himalayas instead :x

Anyone have any pictures of the Korean circuit? What's it like?

qw56q

King Six wrote:

The bumps were awesome!

Also they add to realism and bring F1 back into the realm of normal life. That's why I also like natural race tracks too, you know, tracks the utilise the contours and general topography of the area to more effect. I hate all these new 21st century race tracks that are flat and featureless.

The two new circuits for next season(s) is Korea ('10) and India ('11) - I hope these tracks aren't the typical new-wave Asian tracks, you know, just flat and not much going on. I have a feeling the Indian GP actually might throw something different into F1, though. Although actually it's going to be set in a "planned modern city" and the general area is the Gangetic plain, I hate the word plain. Couldn't they set it in the foothills of the Himalayas instead :x

Anyone have any pictures of the Korean circuit? What's it like?

Its another track built just to look impressive.

PlatinumZealot

Uggghhh.. looks boring.. The track should be in the mountains not in front of it!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JamesS
JamesS

n smikle wrote:Uggghhh.. looks boring.. The track should be in the mountains not in front of it!
Indeed, a supped up Spa is what we want.

ds.raikkonen

JamesS wrote:
n smikle wrote:Indeed, a supped up Spa is what we want.
How can you possibly soup up a Veyron of a track(pardon my analogy there...could nt think of anything else...)! Spa is almost everything a track can possibly be!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

New lane exit, it now exits after Turn 1, unlike last year where it was before Turn 1:

The famous Turn 10 and its high cuirbs:

The pit entry before turn 23 has now been changed to before turn 22 to make shure that the famous Trulli incedent from last year dosent happen again.

Turn 13 has also changed to have a more higher speed thrugh it to increase overtaking into Turn 14 that also has had a re dedign as well, turn 14 is more tighter to try and encourage overtaking. Turn 13 is more open, and turn 14 is tighter as a result.

Lastly the track has been rsurfaced from turn 5 to turn 7 as last year it was bumpy.

PlatinumZealot

Looks nice.. even if it was a day race it would still be one of the better looking races.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Scotracer
Scotracer

Tighter turn 1 too?
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ISLAMATRON

With the extra time needed for a pit stop this year, it seems like a 1 stopper might be the way to go.

Francesc
Francesc

Do you remember last year's race where Trulli was on a 1 stopper and he was more than 3 sec per lap slower than the car infront

deus1066
deus1066

Yeah, lots of corners tend to increase the weight penalty. However, I think weather will probably dictate strategies as apparently a wet weekend is on the cards.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/9972.html