Where is Kimi racing next year?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Miguel
Miguel

Re: Where is Kimi racing next year?

I think we'll see Kimi back at McLaren, and this will be great (for McLaren). It doesn't seem Kimi will bother if his committee doesn't feel at home at McLaren (although they will, because he's been there for ages), and both drivers seem to like oversteering cars. Other teams will face a strong opposition for sure.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

ringo

Yep i think he is coming over to Mclaren; Whitmarsh gave us a hint by saying they must have the best drivers. So if its not Vettel or Kubica (following last years results) it has to be Kimi.
For Sure!!

void

[Off] Topic

It's quite simple. Kimi goes to McLaren, just because the team is sponsored by Johnnie Walker!!!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

This f*cking blows. I can't even explain how I feel. The first thing I see when I come here is the Alonso announcement. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't have anything against Alonso, it's just that I thought Raikkonen was awesome, pure and simple.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban
modbaraban

mx_tifosi wrote:I don't have anything against Alonso, it's just that I thought Raikkonen was awesome, pure and simple.
Some F1 teams resemble Real Madrid football club. They can have all the best players but just can't keep from buying in some new stars. Just because they can. Sometimes (often) that approach harms performance. But it won't change.

Raptor22
Raptor22

a real pity that Ferrari have sold their souls to the Santander devils and brought their goul along with them.

well I guess I was always a McLaren man and now I've gone full circle.

Go Lewis, Go Kimi!!!

my fave drivers in F1 currently are Vettel, Hamilton and kimi.
next all 3 will a mercedes strapped to their backs

TheMinister

Re: [Off] Topic

void wrote:It's quite simple. Kimi goes to McLaren, just because the team is sponsored by Johnnie Walker!!!
Soon to be rebranded as Kimi Stumbler...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBMRsY_UI4E

bergzy
bergzy

void wrote:It's quite simple. Kimi goes to McLaren, just because the team is sponsored by Johnnie Walker!!!
that is FUNNY! :lol:

i was a 'little' off in my prediction thinkning kimi was going to stay with big red. i guess i remember reading in a kimi interview that he was staying with ferrari.

mclaren does seem like the logical place to go if he stays in f1.

throwing a bone out there and not talking about big paychecks...how about him driving for brawn? wouldnt that be great to see?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Di Montezemelo has most surely pushed him out, just like he did with Schumacher.

And even if it was Raikkonen's personal decision it still makes it a lose/lose situation.

This is the problem with getting attached to a driver, although it's my first time since Schumacher retired that I've felt emotional about a driver change up in this series.

The question remains unanswered; where is Kimi racing next year??
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

not at Ferrari!

void

neither at red bull racing

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

bergzy wrote:how about him driving for brawn? wouldnt that be great to see?
We can live to dream... [-o<

Ray

Confused_Andy wrote:
bergzy wrote:how about him driving for brawn? wouldnt that be great to see?
We can live to dream... [-o<
If I'm not mistaken, he was in talks with Brawn to drive with them this season and I remember posting about how much he must be kicking himself in the ass for not doing so.

Giblet
Giblet

Well Loeb seems to be inching his way to an F1 seat.....is Kimi inching his way towards full time rally racing?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Giblet
Giblet

mx_tifosi wrote:This f*cking blows. I can't even explain how I feel. The first thing I see when I come here is the Alonso announcement. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't have anything against Alonso, it's just that I thought Raikkonen was awesome, pure and simple.
I think Kimi's only failure is his impersonal nature. His inability to culture personal relationships in the team is a big deal. The fact that Massa is the guy who talks up the team, wears his heart on his sleeve, and has the fire, which Tifosi align with very well.

Kimi let his driving do the talking, but people in the team don't speak 'driving'. I quoted Massa recently talking about how he has tried to get Kimi to open up more than once, and he simply is not interested in other people and what they think. It's strength,but also a weakness.

Kimi is really quick..... and...and... that's all I got.

Fire and Ice.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute