Is jordan running a little low on sponsors?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bernard
bernard

Is jordan running a little low on sponsors?

I can't have helped noticing that the jordans seem to have a new person they are "paying respect" to every weekend, and always they have to paint a gigantic picture of this person on the side of their car, right next to the giant slogan that is advertising their own team! I mean, are they having some serious problems getting anybody to pay for some ad-space on their car? Can't blame them, i wouldn't waste my money on a jordan either, all it gives you is negative publicity, hehe, and who want's to pay for that? I mean, it's staring to get a little ridicilous. Next they will honor the memory of the person who invented coloured toilet paper, or something as smart as that. Can't wait to see next race, to see what they have painted on their car this time around. Maybe a picture in the loving memory of their own team, since they probably are gonna drop out of F1 pretty soon. :lol:

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

They are running low on sponsors.Their car went empty in 2002 probably of some registration problems and Mark Gallaher has left for Jaguar last year.Getting cash rich and oil rich Arabians to sponsor him is indeed a good idea,but unless a big money sponsors come in,I can't see them returning to their glory days.

pompelmo
pompelmo

I think Jordan will soon catch up with Minardi! :lol:

Spencifer_Murphy

They are not just honouring random people. The sponsor is the Bahraini government. The reason it changes each race is because each race the Bahriani government wish to send out a new message. I think the first race it said "Peace" on it. You say you can't wait to see what they have painted on thier car next as if its gona be something petty or plain stupid. Frankly world peace doesnt seem stupid to me.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well Spencifer is right.....but Jordan in any case still has some other sponsors....Benson & Hedges (less $$ then previously but there is some), Trust (not really their sponsor but what the heck), Ford Europe (Ford Europe pays the engine bill if I'm not mistaken Ford Germany pays 45%). Puma (not much but better then having to pay for their equipment). Phard (fashion garments)....Remax,...and TB....at least these ones give Jordan $$$$. .....forgot Bahrain governement!!!

But then they have the suppliers that supply stuff for free...of with a big discount!....which is also quite good!

bernard
bernard

Phard (fashion garments)....Remax,...and TB....at least these ones give Jordan $$$$
just like i said, money down the drain. Don't recognise either one of these two, and certainly don't remember seeing their logo on a jordan... This kind of presents the question what is the use of paying money to be seen on a jordan, when no one will see you. 8)

bernard
bernard

They are not just honouring random people. The sponsor is the Bahraini government. The reason it changes each race is because each race the Bahriani government wish to send out a new message.
so you mean the bahrain govrnment wanted them to paint salvador dali's paintings on their engine cover?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Phard is in front of the radiator inlet, Remax...on top of the monocoque has been a Jordan sponsor for 2 years and TB on top of the monocoque in a kind of hand writting.

Spencifer_Murphy

Yes barnard, if the bahraini government wants that, then that is what happens. The sponsorship deal is such that it is space on the car to be used however the bahraini government see fit. And if Jordan are getting money for it, why not do it (Looking from their perspective), afterall the are in desperate need of as much cash they can lay their hands on.

Yes barnard, if the bahraini government wants that, then that is what happens. The sponsorship deal is such that it is space on the car to be used however the bahraini government see fit.
I still don't quite think it is so. Why on earth would they pay a shitload of cash to paint a portuguese(or was he spanish?) painters art on the car? think about it, it doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't you think they would use their space to paint something more Bahrain related on the car? Oh, and by the way the name's bernard. :wink:

bernard
bernard

sorry, wasn't logged in... :oops: damn opera...

Spencifer_Murphy

Your right, it does seem stupid, but think so or not that is the official reason. Besides if you look closely at a picture from Australia it says in small print something allong the lines of "A Message from Bahrain" or something like that. I'm not sure if they still put that there. I'd see no reason why not too. See if u can find a picture that shows it.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well each sponsor chooses the way they want to spend their cash!
If Bahrain didn't sponsor these "changing" messages probably Jordan wouldn't paint them on! Just think about the amout of money Jordan would save if the didn't have to make the decals/stickers for these messages!

Melbourne

Malasia

Bahrain

San Marino

Spain

Monaco

Europe

Canada

I was just thinking....it might not be a 100% sponsorship deal it could be a "rent-a-bill-board" contract! The contract might just be a race to race contract where the amout of money Bahrain pays is negociated depending on the complexity of the decals/stickers.....something similar to a bill board

RWD
RWD

Also, Jordan intend to sell the engine covers with the Bahrain sponsorship on it, and they will make some cash from that. As for those that dont see the point in it, email the Bahrain government and tell them that, fact is, Jordan is getting paid to place a different message for each race on their cars, its money jordan need and Bahrain have plenty of it.

-------------

http://www.motorsports-network.net/forums

West
West

I notice that they are using the Ferrari-style airbox cover w/ the abrupt cut off at the end. I think BAR are doing it as well.

Ferrari's Marlboro logo keeps changing sizes too. It's almost the size of the one on the 99 and 2000 car. Are they not giving as much money or something
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements