Is jordan running a little low on sponsors?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

okay, so the Bahrain people are idiots, point taken :). But do you notice how the sponsors keep on changing on the jordan from race to race? strange...

bernard
bernard

that was me, forgot to log in :mrgreen:

West
West

So how are they idiots? That they pay money to buy billboard space? Wow, what a dumb concept.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well each company decides what kind of publicity they want to do.

According to the way Bernard is thinking there would also be no point in companies sposoring humanitary causes! They give the money and don't get anything back!

In Bahrain's case it's a very well thought idea...they're sending out messages! Even if the message doesn't make anything happen it will increase public awarness! Probably some people who say the painting from Barcelona...will now be curious and will want to visit Dali's museum! And about the other messages they work...not in a direct way but like I said they will increase public awarness.

Besides that with those interesting messages....everyone thinks: "whose idea was it?" and everyone will know the answer! Besides increasing public awarness for social activities it also works as a publicity campain on Bahrain....people will want to visit Bahrain! More or less like Malasia Turism sponsoring Sauber and in 2001 Minardi KL!

So Bernard they're not idiots! And most sponsors before investing in Formula 1 do a market study and will only sponsor a team if the study shows that they will earn more money then the money they invest!

Well, you are entiteled to your happy-happy-joy-joy-everybody-join-hands opinion, but if you look at it realistically, it is stupid paying yourself sick to promote other people and world peace. Especially if the money comes from the taxpayers' pockets, who could think of ten thousand better ways to use the money. All this worldpeace nonsense is just a big waste of time that isn't going to change anything, despite your hopeful attitude. Deal with it, there will never be a worldpeace.

It doesn't matter what the message is; people pay for the advertising space and to some extent can print whatever they want. The fact that the messages end in "A message from Bahrain" signify that the nation is promoting tourism or perhaps trying to attract people to next year's GP.

All this worldpeace nonsense is just a big waste of time that isn't going to change anything, despite your hopeful attitude. Deal with it, there will never be a worldpeace.
=D> =D>
Good talking my man! :D Anyway, all you treehugging westmonstrobolaxa's can't deny that jordan seems rather desperate in their hunt for sponsors(http://www.motorpark.de ???) and more than that, seem to be unable to keep their sponsors for too long. 8)

bernard
bernard

that was me again, autologin doesn't seem to work... damn you opera once again. :evil:

West
West

Obviously you don't understand my point. They are paying for billboard space and that's it. The "Message from Bahrain" promotes tourism and gives money to Jordan, so who cares? It might not be a significant message to you but how does this promotion make the Bahrainis idiots?
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Anonymous wrote: Especially if the money comes from the taxpayers' pockets, who could think of ten thousand better ways to use the money.
First of all the money that is given to Jordan doesn't come from tax payers....it comes from the Sheik's personal fortune! The construction og the Bahrain track was also paid by him! The money didn't come from the population.

About the world piece stuff it doesn't work I know that....but what about the hippies in the 60's and 70's.....it didn't work either but if someone wants to fight for something they're free to do it! If the Sheik wants to publicise world peace....it's up to him!

West and one f the guests are right! It doesn't matter what is publicised they just want to publicise the turism in Bahrain....and the best way to do it is using a catchy campain....look at us we're all talking about it! So it seems to be working!

bernard
bernard

Okay, this post has got a little derailed. Everybody can have their own opinion about the campaign. My original point was that jordan seems to be having some serious trouble finding and keeping sponsors, especially good paying ones. From this you would think their economy isn't too strong at the moment, and if a change doesn't come, they will end up bankrupt very soon,just like arrows did.
I didn't mean to offend you, monstro... :cry: :wink:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

:lol: no problem!

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

hey all, this post was getting a little out of control there for awhile hey...
gonna add my two cents and hope it sounds reasonable....hehe
Jordan are definitely going through a lean period with sponsors and whether they can pull out of that or not is going to be very interesting. I think they have stuck to their guns and run without much sponsorship as opposed to arrows who gave orange the title sponsorship at a very cheap price i believe, perhaps to give the impression that they had a very secure base to build from and attract more sponsors... obviously didnt work... given the amount of money at the top end of F1 at the moment I cant see Jordan pulling enough results to get their portfolio back to the 00-01 levels again..
With regards to the Bahrain sponsorship, it makes a lot of sense to me because probably the biggest hurdle they had for this years race was not whether the track was going to be ready or the sand but the threat of terrorism and peoples perception of the gulf states being vunerable. With that in mind, any efforts that the Bahrain people can undertake to minimise the effect of that on tourists will always be an advantage... and you never know, it always comes in handy during a beauty pageant. :)

Spencifer_Murphy

Guest Wrote:

[/quote]Quote:
All this worldpeace nonsense is just a big waste of time that isn't going to change anything, despite your hopeful attitude. Deal with it, there will never be a worldpeace.

Sorry mate but it has to be said your a bit of a muppet really arent you? I agree whole heartedly with you that - unfortunately - there will probably never be a world peace. But why does that mean we cannot work to make the world as peaceful a place as we can. There are enough terrorists around causing problems without you slagging off everyone else's efforts to remove these threats to our well-being.

Point made I think its best we revert back to F1 :) , Barnard is stil right (despite approving of the guests comments on world peace :evil: - but everyone is allowed their own opinion) Jordan are running low on sponsors. But if the Bahraini government what to pay extortionate amounts of money for advertising space, Jordan who need the cash would be fools not to accept it.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

another troublesome weekend for jordan although heidfeld was looking reasonably strong for awhile there... shame because they could have snuck some very valuable points there on sunday... the restructuring of F1 or possible departure of some manufacturers cant come quick enough for Jordan at the moment...