Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
The FOZ
The FOZ

Re: Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

Looking at the Trulli/Sutil incident.

It's funny how, right behind Trulli and Sutil, every other driver, save for the last two, was following Sutil's exact line.

And he's only discrediting himself with the "I could have won the race" BS.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Elevation changes FTW.

And congrats to Button and Brawn GP!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

komninosm
komninosm

Ray wrote:So where are all the McLaren apologists going to come up with McLaren not getting a penalty for unsafe release and causing another competitors car to burst into flame? You aren't because it's the so called 'Boss' team. You may say it out loud, but you don't mean it. Bitch about that like everyone did when Ferrari did it.
The joke's on you buster cause McLaren and Heikki did get a penalty and in fact more severe. I think Ferrari got 10k while McLaren 50k. Why is that? Also Massa was released unsafely right next to another car! While Heikki was released well ahead of Rai, what's your comment on that buddy? And Heikki got his penalty after the race was over which is usually more severe since drivers relax on the last lap(s) and the gap between them closes a lot. Not to mention that 25 seconds is a lot more than a drive-through costs (less than 20).
There are no McLaren apologists, only FIA-Ferrari apologists (and some conspiracy nuts that are McLaren fans, but not all, conspiracy nuts are in every team).

zgred

Jarno is not giving up still screaming over 'crazy' Sutil. Now he is involving Alonso.

Trulli still furious with 'crazy' Sutil
f1.gpupdate.net wrote: (...)
"I spoke with Fernando straight after crash as he saw the accident from behind," Jarno went on. "He said that Sutil is totally crazy and that what he did was totally crazy because we were probably at 155 to 160 miles an hour, flat-out in sixth gear; it's a straight, even though it's a bend, because it's flat in wet and dry conditions and you can't just push someone like that - if there was a wall there, I would have hit it straight-on because he sent me over the kerbs."
(...)
With Trulli stressing that the incident was 'unacceptable' and that a podium chance was lost for Toyota, he concluded by mentioning that such moments are now likely to be a topic of discussion in the meetings of the Grands Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA), of which Alonso is a Director.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFO5-BGK ... r_embedded[/youtube]

I didn't find any voice that support Trulli in this.

djos

Trulli is waaay past his prime and one reason Toyota wont be rehiring him, he simply cant deliver the results consistently!
"In downforce we trust"

axle
axle

Trulli is going to blame Sutil cause his head is on the block at Toyota, a strong result would have helped him negotiate a new contract...

But he's completely in the wrong IMO...round the outside in a drivers blindspot after that driver has had to avoid another... Trulli took a big gamble and it didn't pay off.
- Axle

djos

axle wrote:Trulli is going to blame Sutil cause his head is on the block at Toyota, a strong result would have helped him negotiate a new contract...

But he's completely in the wrong IMO...round the outside in a drivers blindspot after that driver has had to avoid another... Trulli took a big gamble and it didn't pay off.
Yeah it was a stupid move, no driver would have been able to see him or expect him to try around the outside like that!

Frankly in 1 race weekend Kobyashi has shown he is more of a racer than Trulli has ever been - I actually look forward to seeing what he can do next year (Toyota mgmt would be stupid not to hire him).
"In downforce we trust"

axle
axle

djos wrote:
axle wrote:Trulli is going to blame Sutil cause his head is on the block at Toyota, a strong result would have helped him negotiate a new contract...

Yeah it was a stupid move, no driver would have been able to see him or expect him to try around the outside like that!

Frankly in 1 race weekend Kobyashi has shown he is more of a racer than Trulli has ever been - I actually look forward to seeing what he can do next year (Toyota mgmt would be stupid not to hire him).
And with Hulkenberg blowing KK awayin GP2 I'm wishing for Williams to run NH at Abu Dhabi. [-o< [-o<
- Axle

James
James

http://www.fia.com/singaporegp/document ... ent_33.pdf
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... ent_48.pdf

They looked at the telemetry from kimi's car and that seams to be the difference. Either way I cant think of a driver that would deal with being set on fire better that kimi would :D

timbo
timbo

James wrote:Either way I cant think of a driver that would deal with being set on fire better that kimi would :D
Schumi was good at dealing with fire)

ds.raikkonen

That was a one horrifying moment for both Kimi and the people in the proximity. It looked as if the flames would engulf his F60, but thank god it was only a flash and nothing else! The onboard camera clearly showed that the flames had almost engulfed him for a fraction of a second....it was a `chilling' sight.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Mr Alcatraz

Ice Man R.I.P.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihvvf1R_vWo[/youtube]

:roll:........ :D........ :lol:........ :lol:........ :wtf:........ :o....... :lol:........ :mrgreen:........ :?
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ringo

James wrote:http://www.fia.com/singaporegp/document ... ent_33.pdf
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... ent_48.pdf

They looked at the telemetry from kimi's car and that seams to be the difference. Either way I cant think of a driver that would deal with being set on fire better that kimi would :D
Was I the only one who saw kimi flailing at the steering wheel? He was scared out of his icy panties for a couple milliseconds!
Watch his hands:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1b5E9gV6M[/youtube]
he regained manliness when he remembered he was on camera. :lol:
For Sure!!

Downforce
Downforce

He reached with his hand to close visor. Visor was open. :wink:

Giblet
Giblet

zgred wrote:Jarno is not giving up still screaming over 'crazy' Sutil. Now he is involving Alonso.

Trulli still furious with 'crazy' Sutil
f1.gpupdate.net wrote: (...)
"I spoke with Fernando straight after crash as he saw the accident from behind," Jarno went on. "He said that Sutil is totally crazy and that what he did was totally crazy because we were probably at 155 to 160 miles an hour, flat-out in sixth gear; it's a straight, even though it's a bend, because it's flat in wet and dry conditions and you can't just push someone like that - if there was a wall there, I would have hit it straight-on because he sent me over the kerbs."
(...)
With Trulli stressing that the incident was 'unacceptable' and that a podium chance was lost for Toyota, he concluded by mentioning that such moments are now likely to be a topic of discussion in the meetings of the Grands Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA), of which Alonso is a Director.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFO5-BGK ... r_embedded[/youtube]

I didn't find any voice that support Trulli in this.
This was said immediately after all the drivers were out of their cars, and when the first mic was stuck in his face.

Not saying Trulli was right by a long shot, but Sutil has unfortunately earned himself a record for taking out drivers needlessly.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute