Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
timbo
timbo

Re: Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

richard_leeds wrote:You could also add Jochen Rindt. He died at the Italian GP of 1970, but had enough points to win the WDC posthumously.
Can't find info - there weren't #1 and #2 cars at 1971?

Richard
Richard

timbo wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:You could also add Jochen Rindt. He died at the Italian GP of 1970, but had enough points to win the WDC posthumously.
Can't find info - there weren't #1 and #2 cars at 1971?
Looks like Lotus took number 2 and 3. Can't see a number 1 listed on the official results page http://www.formula1.com/results/season/1971/514/

raceman

ISLAMATRON wrote:If I were Frank Williams I'd ship Kazoo over to the Toyota Garage immediately and tell Hulkenburg to grab his helmet.

:lol:
+1

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I was looking at the Interlagos track layout and think id like what i did to it in this pic:

Basically, longer back straignt, more flowing from turn 4 to turn 8. This would really break a engine, teams would really have to look for a compromise between high speed and downforce needed for the infeild section. Cars would struggle and drivers would be tested.

csponton
csponton

smirkoff
smirkoff

ESPImperium wrote:I was looking at the Interlagos track layout and think id like what i did to it in this pic:

Basically, longer back straignt, more flowing from turn 4 to turn 8. This would really break a engine, teams would really have to look for a compromise between high speed and downforce needed for the infeild section. Cars would struggle and drivers would be tested.
You can join this campaign:

http://interlagosantigo.blogspot.com/

A lot of drivers want to have the old track back, integrated with a revised version of the current one, in order to get a longer, multi-functional and more daunting track. The group leaders are all multi-champions of brazilian formula, touring, stock and prototype cars, and they are trying to get support to have the plan approved by the mayor. There's a lot of people sending layout suggestions in discussion groups around here.

About your layout, the straight could be indeed be longer, and the Ferradura (corner #6) could use part of the old circuit that's still there.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

smirkoff wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:I was looking at the Interlagos track layout and think id like what i did to it in this pic:

You can join this campaign:

http://interlagosantigo.blogspot.com/

A lot of drivers want to have the old track back, integrated with a revised version of the current one, in order to get a longer, multi-functional and more daunting track. The group leaders are all multi-champions of brazilian formula, touring, stock and prototype cars, and they are trying to get support to have the plan approved by the mayor. There's a lot of people sending layout suggestions in discussion groups around here.

About your layout, the straight could be indeed be longer, and the Ferradura (corner #6) could use part of the old circuit that's still there.
Im not really looking for a massive ammount of increase in lap distance, i would just like a second place to overtake, somewhere to goad drivers into making a pass, not quite making it and paying a bit of a price for it, like the Senna S but in more of a hairpin style. Also a area for a second bite of the cherry for careful drivers that just cant get the car to stick into the Senna S as well. Also a more "Tilke eske" element from that hairpin to Turn 8 to test out wether the cars have the required downforce. Making the track more of what i find and think a a F1 track to be intresting with.

There are other tracks that id like to change a little as well, Malaysia is one, Bahrain is another that id like to make even longer.

deus1066
deus1066

Looks very KERS friendly.

zgred

Simple question - what for?

Giblet
Giblet

They usually grate asphalt to either give an audible sound to warn the shoulder is there, or in preparation for surfacing, so it has something to bind to.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Fil

water run-off guides? the track does have a history of problems in certain areas..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ISLAMATRON

zgred wrote:Simple question - what for?
That looks more like the INdy type of diamond grinding rather than the side of the road rumble warning strips... looking at the angles at which they were put in, and the water on the track, I would say they were grinded in to help alleviate some of the cross track rivers that flow when it rains at Interlagos.

gibells
gibells

They have that diamond cut pattern on the pavement of some runways. I assumed it would was for extra grip, but drainage- you well be right Matron.

ISLAMATRON

red flag in FP1... why?

King Six
King Six

ISLAMATRON wrote:red flag in FP1... why?
Clear out all the polystyrene on the track after Grosjean slammed into one of the track side markers.