Engine power

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
marcush.
marcush.

many excuses for me being a bit lax with the correct equations,but i see you got the point,and yes Minardi is very innovative!!!I wonder if they have funds to try their ideas in a windtunnel or put it simply in the big one...the track...

bernard
bernard

bernard wrote:

minardi has just made it's car produce as little drag as possible, that's all they have done aerodynamic-wise, at least judging by their car

On what kind of analysis are you basing that ? are you an aerodynamicist ?
Reca, my God, would you just give it a rest? You're there inspecting the posts with a magnifying glass. For your information, that bit about minardis aerodynamics: that's called sarcasm. Just so you know, in case you run into it some other time. It can be a dangerous thing so watch out!
And it's nice quoting the lines out of context. Next time post the whole sentence when you quote.
And please, I'm begging you, theres a stick up your ass, please pull it out.

bernard
bernard

Actually you would be surprised to see how many aero solutions (and not only aero actually) first appeared in a Minardi and then were copied by top teams. The latest example are the vertical cuts in the RWEP that Minardi introduced this winter, Renault and Williams copied it.
Well, if you read my post carefully, which I'm you sure you did, as always, you saw that i said they are drooling over minardis dreamy sidepods. Once again with the quoting out of context. It's nice snatching a single phrase from a post and then making a witty remark on that.

I'll give you a lesson. [-X
This is how you quoted:
"I bet the guys at ferrari are working over-shift to copy their design."
And that gives you the idea that the guys at ferrari are working overtime to copy minardis general design.

This is my actual comment:
Just look at those side pontones. I bet the guys at ferrari are working over-shift to copy their design.

The meaning is completely different. So don't quote out of context. Especially if you're planning to use the comment as basis for dissing somebody. :lol:

sharkie17

nothing like an Italian and a French fighting it out.

Bernard, next time, use a smiley when you're being sarcastic :P

Reca, well, dang, dont you know French are really really good at being sarcastic? :P

Reca
Reca

Bernard : It doesn’t look to me that my post was offensive. You made, on a technical forum, a remark about the aero design of the Minardi car, I just asked for a further explanation, also asking if it was an educated remark just because I was curious.
The other part about the top team copying the Minardi design wasn’t really an answer to your specific post, your sentence made me thinking about the several times top teams copied Minardi designs and since it was that sentence that started my thoughts I just quoted it. I see that I wasn’t clear enough, sorry for that. But you simply overreacted and became offensive and I don’t think that was a nice behaviour. If that’s your typical conduct or it’s just the anonymity of a public forum that makes you behave this way I don’t know and I don’t care about, that’s your problem.
marcush. wrote: many excuses for me being a bit lax with the correct equations,but i see you got the point,and yes Minardi is very innovative!!!I wonder if they have funds to try their ideas in a windtunnel or put it simply in the big one...the track...
no need of excuses about the equation, as I said it doesn’t make difference in the general meaning of your observation, and I totally agree with you on that.
About Minardi windtunnel time, they test so rarely that the Italian tv commentator typically announces it during the coverage as big news. IIRC they did two different sessions, about a week each (but just 8 hours per day) since the start of the season and the revised sidepods that debuted some races ago are the most noticeable result of that. Small solutions, as the cut on the endplate for example, are tested directly on the track, while possible. The real problem is that they lack money even for the spare parts so they are using most of parts to the very end of the planned life span, let alone to have evolutions... Sunday Bruni was interviewed by the Italian tv about his future and he said : “I would like to stay with Minardi next year, we are working for that. Then our biggest desire would be to have a new car for the next season”. The latter observation looks funny but considering that they are currently using a two years old chassis with a two years old (and detuned) engine and the last years they had to delay the construction of an almost entirely designed new car exactly for lack of funds, it becomes sad.

sharkie17

lol, Frenchman getting offended? nowaaay!!

i think Lance Armstrong did more wind tunnel time than Minardi!!! :)

bernard
bernard

No, all my respect to the aerodynamic expertece of minardi, which some of you seem to think as the aero king.
I'm sure they have used their 16 days(no joke) of windtunnel testing effectively, and I'm especially impressed by the way that minardi brings something new aerodynamic wise to the track in each race.
And come on, just look at the minardi. I have to say it is the most beautiful car on the track. Their beauty is the oldfashioned beauty, as their car looks like something that might have driven around the track 5 years ago.
And all those little details! On some teams the design is very boring, no attention to little details, but the minardi... my gods.
You truly are right, minardi has one of the most innovative aerodynamic design teams on the grid. This is especially helped by the fact that Stoddardt puts so much money in the aerodynamic design of the car.
(Go on Reca, I'm sure you're just burning to make your stupid remarks on this post, because it has so many parts that are inaccurate)

marcush.
marcush.

oh boys....
I really think you should try to get the positives out of all this.In case Iám wrong or someone has a better understanding of things I´d always listen and try to ad to my personal database.If things seem questionable that are posted or made publik I would always challenge thisand it is quite amusing to see that nobody actually came up with something like 10Horses do actually make a difference and proved it.As for the minardi evolution,I know how it is if you don´t have the money to build all things that spring to your mind...in fact a year later I would not even consider
putting these things into reality..as my knowledge is deeper again.
This way blind alleys are avoidedand unnecessary risks as well.
much better than lacking ideas and wasting long hours testing or windtunnel hours running incircles..

Becker4
Becker4

hahaha, oh my what courage grows with anonymity.

Stas
Stas

Its inposssible to Honda's engine weigh 89 kg. FIA banned teams using lightweight materials in engines like Ti. Most engines in F-1 are made from steel. :cry: :cry: 8) :( :(

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Even without light material it's possible....in 1996 Yamaha produced the first engine under 100kg!...and it didn't use light weight components.

If you look to "War Technology" they're using steel on the tanks (to make them shell/bullet proof) and the steel they use is around 2 times lighter and around 2 times stronger then normal steel.....the process used to treat the steel I don't know but if someone finds it....post it

tyler durten
tyler durten

This Bernard is realy stupid come on man take a break like i said one time you don´t ned to be a dumb ass al the time
remenber pain is temporary

Reca
Reca

Stas wrote: Its inposssible to Honda's engine weigh 89 kg. FIA banned teams using lightweight materials in engines like Ti. Most engines in F-1 are made from steel.
Steel is required by rules only for crankshaft and camshafts apart of that FIA rules have a limitation for metallic materials on the specific modulus of elasticity, the max allowed is 40 GPa/ (g/cm3). According to my data Ti is about 26 (modulus of elasticity 116 GPa and density 4.5 kg/dm3) so it’s allowed.
As an add on, composite materials are banned only for piston, cylinder heads and blocks, and only if the reinforcement is carbon or aramid fibre.
Monstrobolaxa wrote: If you look to "War Technology" they're using steel on the tanks (to make them shell/bullet proof) and the steel they use is around 2 times lighter and around 2 times stronger then normal steel.....the process used to treat the steel I don't know but if someone finds it....post it
I don’t know step by step the details of that treatment but I’ve the strong suspect that towards the end there’s someone singing bibbidi-bobbidi-boo...
tyler durten wrote: This Bernard is realy stupid come on man take a break like i said one time you don´t ned to be a dumb ass al the time
This thread is very old, there’s no need to resuscitate that discussion, especially considering that Bernard apparently doesn’t post anymore.

riff_raff
riff_raff

Most powerful engine in F1?

What team has the most powerful engine in F1?

At the begining of the race, at the end of a 500K race or during qualifying?

schumiGO

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know how)) But Toyota engine is 960 hp)) It's true)) Calculate PLZ Ferrari, Bar, Will, engine power using 960 like ZERo point))))