SAMSUNG Sponsorship

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
j4kwan
j4kwan

SAMSUNG Sponsorship

Anyone hear about the potential SAMSUNG sponsership into F1?
Apparently they're being courted by top teams like Williams, and BAR. Who do you think they will sponsor?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Williams....isn't samsungs logo blue?

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Williams....isn't samsungs logo blue?
That doesn't makes sense.
Most sponsors' (especially major companies)first choice is to sponsor the best team on the grid.So I'm predicting the be the top teams on the grid.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well you're correct but....in smaller teams further back the grid they also get more exposure on the car for the same amount of $$$. So the next parametre is car colour! If you look a DHL for example they used to be red (blood red) and white! In 2000 when they started sposoring Jordan, DHL changed the whole corporte logo to red and yellow...all this because of Jordan! So companies don't look just at front end runners! In that case Minardi and Jordan wouldn't have sponsors.

Spencifer_Murphy

I rekon maybe Williams, no particular reason its just a hunch based on the Budweiser sponsorship. The "King of Beers" would want to sponsor a top team and with their logo being red and white would more than likely opt for Ferrari. But they opted to go through the hassle of designing a specific new logo for the car. I'm guessing that is partly due to the fact that maybe Williams have a very good commercial depatment or are particularly good at "courting" potential sponsors or suppliers (I don't know this for a fact, it is just a theory). Samsungs logo is blue which fits with Williams car too.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.