RED BULL / Sauber / Jag

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
j4kwan
j4kwan

RED BULL / Sauber / Jag

How screwed is Sauber if RED BULL F1 comes around?!? Or even if HSBC hikes off and RED BULL becomes head sponsor of Jag with Klein in #2 !?! Perhaps, Ferrari will be keen to help out?!? Lose another team to finances?

Go Ferrari-look-alike, go!!!

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Don't think it we should be to worried about it...Red Bull as a long term relation with Sauber....but a Marlboro/Mclaren break up migh occur! But in any case Sauber at the moment is financialy secure! Credit Suisse is one of the few F1 Sponsors that looked for a team instead of a team looking for them! But in any cast that is 1 of the teams sponsors. Petronas is also happy....so Sauber that even with medium results seems to be a team that can hold on to sponsors in long-term contracts. So loosing Red Bull might not be that important they still have 2 big ones and probably will find someone else!

walter
walter

Sauber is still a reputable team even though they have not tasted any success lately. I believe that if Red Bull leaves Sauber, they would have no problem finding other sponsors to fill the space on the side of the car. Their windtunnel is supposedly "state of the art" and as Ferrari's mule, they should come upon some pretty new/radical things like they did in the past.

However I am not sure about Sauber's drivers, The might also change if Red Bull will leave Sauber.

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

I heard that since HSBC and FOrd are pulling the plug on Jaguar,Red Bull might buy the team and leave Sauber.Then Sauber's main sponsor will be some brewery company.