Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Fil

Re: Sauber C29

its white.. and still has the BMW stripes on the nose cone.. :?

http://twitpic.com/10owr1

Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Fil

Common theme at the front, rear is incredibly tight & sculptured. it's like shrink-wrap over the components!

Colour scheme.. is it just last year's, but with black instead of blue..?

Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

roost89
roost89

From Autosport.

I have to say I'm liking it alot! Especially the wheels!
It's aesthetically quite nice. The glossy paint on the underside of the sidepod is quite interesting.
The body-work is interesting too. Seems to form a triangle of sorts, unlike what you'd originally have.
Front wing supports seem Ferrari-esque and it seems to have very small sidepod intakes.
Last edited by roost89 on 31 Jan 2010, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

myurr
myurr

Conceptually it looks similar to the McLaren. Very interesting.

Fil

wow, they've seemed to have packaged their sidepods a lot better than the other teams so far..

Exhaust shoots almost horizontally backwards.. out of the back end of the sidepod.. which ends in line with the drivers' flags?

roost89
roost89

They don't have any sponsors on the car...that's kinda worrying. Unless they're unveiling the sponsor logos during testing or at the first race.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

-KMR_NH-

I like it. Looks cool particularly with these rims.
Kimi Räikkönen
Nico Hülkenberg

astracrazy
astracrazy

iI can't see this being as good as mclaren, ferrari or williams

wesley123
wesley123

Love the car, though the paint looks really crap, hope they show up with sponsors on it and new paint.

Personally, i think BMW does the same as honda last year, they pay 80% of the bills, as why else wouldnt they go for a name change? If BMW didnt do that then why they still have the bmw-esque paintjob and is the team still called BMW Sauber?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

myurr
myurr

Another team not to go for the V nose - could Ferrari end up being the only team to copy Red Bull / STR?

bjpower
bjpower

something looks off with the nose.
maybe its just the light \ paint.
looks like it doesn't belong

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

myurr wrote:Another team not to go for the V nose - could Ferrari end up being the only team to copy Red Bull / STR?
It'd be a real cracker if RB drop the V nose concept!

myurr
myurr

bjpower wrote:something looks off with the nose.
maybe its just the light \ paint.
looks like it doesn't belong
See what you mean, it looks darker in colour. I think this may be the front wing reflecting and just happening to line up almost exactly with the join between the nose and the bulkhead.

-- Edit: scrap that, changed my mind! Think it may be that the bodywork starts curving from the bulkhead back causing a different reflection, but agree something does look funny about the nose.

roost89
roost89

They've still got the guiding-vanes from last year between the front wheels. They also seem to have smaller brake ducts than Ferrari and McLaren.

wesley123
wesley123

Diesel wrote:
myurr wrote:Another team not to go for the V nose - could Ferrari end up being the only team to copy Red Bull / STR?
It'd be a real cracker if RB drop the V nose concept!
true, what i can think of is that that v-nose adds the springs etc. even higher up in the car, thus increasing CoG height
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender