Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Re: Sauber C29

Low rear end like the williams, intricate sidepods and engine cover like the mclaren, relatively short wheel base?

Looks like Ferrari are going to be banging their heads against the wall tonight.

I love it, a very refreshing look, hope it can pull out some wins this year.

roost89
roost89

"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

myurr
myurr

wesley123 wrote:
Diesel wrote:
myurr wrote:Another team not to go for the V nose - could Ferrari end up being the only team to copy Red Bull / STR?
It'd be a real cracker if RB drop the V nose concept!
true, what i can think of is that that v-nose adds the springs etc. even higher up in the car, thus increasing CoG height
My line of thinking was that the V-nose helps more if you want a mid to low nose, and that the McLaren and BMW have slightly higher noses than the Ferrari and RB.

horse

Is it just me or are the radiator intakes teeny tiny? I thought the Ferrari was a bit of a hotty?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

roost89
roost89

horse wrote:Is it just me or are the radiator intakes teeny tiny? I thought the Ferrari was a bit of a hotty?
That what I thought too, as well as the brake ducts! Surely with the extra weight they'll be needed to cool more? I'm guessing they'll be changed during testing or at the races.

Some more photos. This time from Paddocktalk:
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

wesley123
wesley123

myurr wrote:[quote="wesley123]true, what i can think of is that that v-nose adds the springs etc. even higher up in the car, thus increasing CoG height
My line of thinking was that the V-nose helps more if you want a mid to low nose, and that the McLaren and BMW have slightly higher noses than the Ferrari and RB.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

nope, the ferrari nose is bij far the highest nose already, and also have to V-nose implemented. The red bull last year also had a really high nose.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

LegendaryM

roost89 wrote:
horse wrote: Image
In this photo you can clearly see where the double deck diffuser will be if you zoom in
MRVC: Tolo Racing

horse

Do you think Mercedes will leave their rear end uncovered? Will Ross care so much about the other teams getting a look?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Raptor22
Raptor22

Lovely, neat little car. Seems to have little fuss about it and it looks light, unlikely the Ferrari which looks like a heavily pregnant Red Roman (fish).

Nice detail around the side pods and nice clean lines around the cockpit.

Lovely effort after the 2009 disaster.

On looks alone, Ferrari is currently a back marker :)

wesley123
wesley123

is it me or does the diffuser seem alot higher?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

bjpower
bjpower

anyone know what the wheel base is like compared to the other cars?

ISLAMATRON

I dont think this diffuser will flow very well, or thats 1 hell of a gurney flap :wink:

Car looks pretty much like what they ended off with last year, except that blocked off DDD :wink:

roost89
roost89

ISLAMATRON wrote:I dont think this diffuser will flow very well, or thats 1 hell of a gurney flap :wink:
:lol:

Raptor22
Raptor22

its a very innovative flip up panel that extends teh length of the diffusor once the car is up to speed. :^o

robbertmd
robbertmd

High resolution images, free for all:
http://press.bmw-sauber-f1-team.ch/inde ... oto?page=2