Analysis of 2010 WDC and WCC Odds

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will win the 2010 WDC

Hamilton
27%
Schumacher
10%
Alonso
29%
Vettel
16%
Button
7%
Massa
8%
Rosberg
3%

Total votes: 125

Phail

Re: Analysis of 2010 WDC and WCC Odds

Unless Alonso can put in a performance like what he did in Monza in every remaining race, I honestly don't see him as a Championship contender. That is unless something extraordinary happens to his rivals above him of course.

WhiteBlue

Phail wrote:Unless Alonso can put in a performance like what he did in Monza in every remaining race, I honestly don't see him as a Championship contender. That is unless something extraordinary happens to his rivals above him of course.
I agree. Ferrari is just too erratic with their performance this season as the standardized car odds show. Alonso has unconditional team order on his side now but I - like the betting money - doubt that will be enough to propel him to the top.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

horse

After a discussion with a friend, we decided a good target points tally for the WDC is about 250 points. So at the Alonso/Button/Vettel position, that's 3 wins out of 5 or 5 2nd places. Not impossible but a big ask, and probably Vettel is the most likely to achieve the 3 wins from those 3 drivers.

For Hamilton and Webber, two wins and a second would do, or 5 3rd places should be plenty. Basically, if either can consistently finish on the podium, then the WDC should be theirs. Obviously, they need to keep an eye on each other, but my point is that they need take far fewer risks than the group behind them.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

WhiteBlue

Good point. Undoubtedly Mark Webber's consistency in avoiding mistakes and sitting in the fastest car has propelled him to the top for the time being. This is regardless of the fact that he isn't the fastest driver. If he keeps up that strategy and avoids DNFs he is most likely to win the title. One more DNF or finish out of the double points can ruin the WDC race for every one of the five contenders.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Phail

WhiteBlue wrote:Good point. Undoubtedly Mark Webber's consistency in avoiding mistakes and sitting in the fastest car has propelled him to the top for the time being. This is regardless of the fact that he isn't the fastest driver. If he keeps up that strategy and avoids DNFs he is most likely to win the title. One more DNF or finish out of the double points can ruin the WDC race for every one of the five contenders.
The Red Bull RB6 are fast but fragile, a retirement from Webber & a win for Lewis will almost certainly heavily damage his chance of becoming Champion, Vettel on the other hand is a long shot for the title, his last few races have been erratic & if he does another Belgium GP at Singapore he can kiss the title Buh-bye :roll:

WhiteBlue

Vettel has the betting money on his side to win the next race. I think he will concentrate very hard to make that happen and I will keep my fingers crossed. I hope for him to take 7 or 10 points out of Webber's lead next week.

If that happens I expect him to displace Hamilton from P2 in the odds and pull close to equal with Webber at 2.5.

Phail

Not an easy job for Vettel, Webber is not mistake-prone and Vettel will have to start by qualifying higher than Webber (and Lewis). A mistake-free race and he is well on his way to trimming down Webber's championship lead.

WhiteBlue

Getting poles over Webber wasn't the problem for Vettel this years when his car was all ok, wasn't it?

raymondu999

Webber? non mistake prone? Before this season your comment would have been the laughingstock of the century. Vettel is quite fast in Singapore though. 4th despite a drivethrough, which was going to be 2nd before the drivethrough. Could've been on pole save for Barrichello greeting the wall. I'm sure WB agrees :P

Mind you, he's quite fast in Suzuka too. Pole to flag last year.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

I think vettel will surely win suzuka if the number 2 mclaren is not up to scratch by then.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

Why did you leave the Number 1 McLaren?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mike
mike

well statistically speaking....
since the V8 era 2006
every driver that won the 1st race or in Melbourne has become the world champion
so either Alonso or Button will be WDC, and since no briton has defended WDC
Alonso will be this year's champ, fact is 5 horse race 4 of them have team mates that takes points off them

raymondu999

Statistically speaking, that is :mrgreen: Doesn't that apply to those who have either had pole in the first race/melbourne too?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mike
mike

not really in 2006 alonso didnt get pole in the 1st race or melbourne

raymondu999

Yup. Missed that sorry. Btw, since the aero formula changed with the low front wing and the high rear wing, 100% of all drivers who've been on pole in Melbourne, and won Malaysia has won the championship. :P

Funny how taking a stat out of context (especially if it's something that only has happened once) bloats things so comically, no? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法