Stefan GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Stefan GP

Joe Saward had an interview with Jean Todt yesterday but all he learned about Stefan GP was:
Jean Todt wrote:" We have rules that we have to protect"
That seems to indicate that USF1 will not get any freebees like a reserved spot for 2010. Stefan's move to hire a high profile driver like Jaques Villeneuve is smart, but will it be enough to change Jean Todt's mind? My guess is no.

Time will tell.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

sticky667
sticky667

SGP already has containers on the way or sitting on the docks in Bahrain. What are the odds of SGP being granted testing in Bahrain all of next week into the GP weekend? that would at least give them some reliability testing and tire data. I think it's unreal how the FIA have let this drag on for this long. IF SGP begin in Bahrain they will be a constant liability the entire weekend without any testing or data.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

From what im led to belive, and the smart option is this:

* The FIA will publis a final F1 2010 Season entry list in the next 2-3 days.
* They will have BMW Saubers name on it for the first time (Numbers 26 & 27 most probably)
* There will be a note relating to the Stefan GP name on it, or not on it.
* Most likely being not on it (Stefan GP name) will mean that they are launching a new 2011 tender bid
* Their will be a second document listing the rules and specs for a new team entry for 2011.
* Thus meaning that Stefan GP will beable to enter then.

This ultimatly means that sence will prevail and altho Todt will have major oposistion from Mr.E that there will only be 12 teams and not 13 on the grid. It will mean that the FIA have used Stefan GP to their advantage in resolving the Campos and USF1 areas, but ultimatly thrown them away after all their complaining and moaning over the past year to eighteen months. Means that Stefanovic has wasted his money and Toyota have seen him coming. If Stefan GP are on the list, something radical must have happened for them to be on the grid, and if they are, id expect them to use the numbers 28 & 29, as the USF1 numbers cant be used by another team.

Personally, i was for SGP at the start, but now after ive learnt alittle about them, and listened to their moaning, and how this situation has ratteled off this past 3-5 weeks, id much rather prefer 24 cars to 26 cars now.

PlatinumZealot

I want to see them on the grid in Bahrain. I really hope they get a chance.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

jon-mullen

n smikle wrote:I want to see them on the grid in Bahrain. I really hope they get a chance.
+1

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." -- Woody Allen
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

sticky667
sticky667

I agree they should be on the grid. The facts are, they have a decent car(based on the Toyota last year), they have the cash, and they have the employees. They've demonstrated they want to be there by sending equipment. Stefan has put up the cash for the Toyota chassis, IP, and personnel while these other teams are selling off stakes just to limp in. (Virgin/Campos) Why shouldn't they be allowed? They are the perfect shoe-in for the failing USF1.

My only concern is their lack of testing as a safety factor for the rest of the grid. No one has seen the car but you must imagine it's pretty well developed over last years' base and the diffuser must be huge for Ferrari to consider using it with the addition of the new Toyota aero guy. SGP are in a good spot if they can get on the grid. I think the car will be at least midfield, ahead of the Lotus and Virgin, and may even score some points if given the chance.

ringo

Going by last year's top 3 running Toyota and that there was a 2010 car in the works earlier on, the car should be quick out of the box. The only thing hampering them is testing and setup.I wont be surprised if this car can make it to Q2. Though that's a stretch, but the professionalism is still there from Toyota's 2009 team, just under a different name.
Almost the same situation as Renault or Sauber.

I hope it does't look like the ferrari red! :sick:
For Sure!!

marcush.
marcush.

stefan gp would, if accepted ,create a case of working around the FIAs selection process and thus the whole tender process would ,if itis not already be rendered a farce afterwards and will have to be not repeated anyways as it did not really lead to selecting the right proposals.
So this would be the only FIA ways out to let SGP in:they declare the tender selection process as a failure and cease to do it in the future with immediate effect.
SGP can take the remaining slotand participate.
Other teams are open to prepare for immediate entry ,but have to wait for an available space ally with a current competitor or buy their license.
Or Fia decides to allow all and revives the prequaly as we had in the 90s.

meves
meves

Currently I think their biggest problem could be that they have to have agreement from all F1 teams to be admitted and they have Mike Coughlan on board who isn't the most popular person with Ferrari and I can't believe that McLaren would be too thrilled to have around the pits again either...

WhiteBlue

As Todt says the FiA cannot have it's rules bent. This would indicate that the USF1 application to defer the license to 2011 will be rejected. It also means that Stefanovic's scrap collection can only race with the USF1 2010 license. How probable is this to happen?

1. Stefan needs to convince Anderson, Windsor and Hurley to sell the license.

2. The FiA must reject the 2011 deferral and maintain the 2010 license.

While it is imaginable that the first condition is met when the Americans realize that their application is not going to work the second is highly unlikely. Usually the FiA finds that a team is bankrupt and retracts the license. So the likelihood of seeing Jacques driving a USF1 car with Serbian colors in Bahrain is very slim.
meves wrote:Currently I think their biggest problem could be that they have to have agreement from all F1 teams to be admitted and they have Mike Coughlan on board who isn't the most popular person with Ferrari and I can't believe that McLaren would be too thrilled to have around the pits again either...
That problem can be avoided if they keep the name USF1.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

axle
axle

I want to see the TF110 run...but not at any cost.

I want to see Stefan and USF1 reach an agreement and the FIA "not kick up a fuss" if an agreement is reached.

I have issues with both the Stefan and HRT cars being run for the first time at Bahrain - I think a private test should be performed and if that means they miss the first round so be it.
- Axle

marcush.
marcush.

make no bones aboutit the toyota should get a run in 2010 .Villeneuve I´d love to see him back to prove his worth.
but I still can´t see todt let Zoran play the game as he likes.

Only chance is go to hurley buy the license and go racing.anderson could get a buyout clause before the end of 2010 to claim it back for his DREAM,but who cares it will not happen.
The deal will go thru at 10Million ? no loss for the USboys,an zoran has his chance.

xpensive
xpensive

WhiteBlue wrote: ...
Wouldn't that be a sight for sore eyes WB, a Serbian outfit racing Toyotas under the USF1 banner with JV driving?

Somehow I don't think that will happen. #-o
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

TheMinister

xpensive wrote:
Wouldn't that be a sight for sore eyes WB, a Serbian outfit racing Toyotas under the USF1 banner with JV driving?

Rename to United Serbia F1, cover the car with copies of their shipping receipts, fire JV and get in JPM, continue slagging off FIA, channel some of development budget into wild parties in the garage (whilst all other teams are hard at work)... Best team ever... :D :D :D

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:

Agreed. The FiA are much more likely to revoke the USF1 2010 license as I already mentioned, but they would have to proceed quickly I guess. If they retract the license after a sale there will be a mighty big law suit I guess.