Malaysian GP 2010 - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: Malaysian GP 2010 - Sepang

roost89 wrote:
andrew wrote:The boss of what?
The drivers. It's a nickname n_smickle (I think) chose to show Lewis' prowess at driving.
It comes from "BOSS" sponsoring the car and their sticker being placed quite close to Lewis's name on last years car.

n_smickle did in fact start it and the rest of us use it as a slightly sarcastic nickname. :lol:
"In downforce we trust"

Mr Alcatraz

roost89 wrote:I accept the bet, my pilot di Resta!
in reality. I'll choose bob
Yours is the first reply so let's get ready to rumble. :?
An excellent choice!
You are taking Robert Kubica
to finish ahead of Fernando Alonso,
and getting a podium finish.
This is duly documented.
If you are only joking please post or PM
as expeditiously as possible.
It is PM4:40 PDT that is 2hr and 20mins until FP1
Let me know before FP1 if you’re not in.
BTW I only put the provision about it having to be a podium
because if one of them gets knocked out at turn one
and the other whimpers in down the field
neither one really accomplished anything
Good Luck!
If I could pick the order I would like to see them finish
It would be 1) Mike 2) Fred 3) Bulk 4) Kubinski
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Sean H
Sean H

1) Alonso 2) Vettel 3) LH
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

WhiteBlue

Welcome to FP1!

All drivers have one installation lap while Pedro de la Rosa sets the first time.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Moanlower

Talking about memorable wet drives. Yes, it was on the better Michelin tyres with a good car, but still.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc3DgNHka8[/youtube]
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

xpensive
xpensive

What are you saying, heavy rain at the moment?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Moanlower

xpensive wrote:What are you saying, heavy rain at the moment?
Yes, in your head.

Here's a live feed http://nl.justin.tv/race_tv#r=48a2jlM~
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

WhiteBlue

Alguersari having problems with his engine. He manages to get the car back to the pits.

Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Hamilton and Button go out as the first top drivers.

Fast times and neither Alonso nor Schumacher on track.

Edit: Only Schumacher not driving now. They are working on the rear end. Surer says brakes were changed. He is now preparing to go on track.

WhiteBlue

Massa and De la Rosa take outings into the gravel.

Massa takes another trip over the grass. Schumacher now P3 in his 6th lap. 1:35,395

WhiteBlue

Rosberg beats Schumacher in his last lap while the checkered flag is already out.

ArchAngel

Nico just won't give Schumi a break. :lol:

Merc showing well, so far. And the Kube continues to carry over his impressive form from Australia. But the hot & dry conditions in FP1 are probably not representative of how conditions will actually be during the race. It could be Melbourne all over again.

FP2 should give us a better indication of the actual pecking order. Vettel, Alonso and Massa should finally show up there.
Last edited by ArchAngel on 02 Apr 2010, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Raftaar
Raftaar

Hello everyone! Just signed in. It seems FP1 went well for most drivers, most runners did a good number of laps. As, for fastest times set, the ones by both McLaren drivers were set pretty early on in the session, so can't really comment on them, maybe set on very low fuel load, perhaps they were really trying to get it.

Anyways, no point in accessing practice times. I would like to make a point here about Force India. This is the second time that they have given testing time in free practice to their young test driver Paul di Resta. One of their race drivers agreed to give their practice time to di Resta, it was Sutil in the last race, and Liuzzi today. This really is a novel approach to develop and instill confidence in a young driver in whome the team obviously sees a lot of promise.
We also see the Lotus team doing the same today by giving a test to their reserve driver Fauzy.
Also good to see the Hispania team getting good track time today.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Raftaar wrote:Hello everyone! Just signed in. It seems FP1 went well for most drivers, most runners did a good number of laps. As, for fastest times set, the ones by both McLaren driners were set pretty early on in the session, so can't really comment on them, maybe set on very low fuel load, perhaps they were really trying to get it.
Yeah I think they switched to heavy fuel loads after posting those times. And I'm guessing that's what the Ferrari's were focusing on during the entire session as well.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.