Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Cannot see past either Alonso, Hamilton or wait for it, SCHUMACHER!

The Red Bulls have issues hindering them such as reliabilty and also a poor record around the principality. So yes potential winners, but not on my list for the above reasons.
Massa appears to be suffering at the moment, wether it be internal conflcit or just bad luck, I just dont see him usurping alonso.
Button cannot touch hamilton in the dry at the moment so if that remains so(dry) then I see the nothing different for Monaco.
Rosberg? well I would include him but Schumacher appears to like the LWB Mercedes and appears himself behind the wheel. So a straight fight between those 2 round Monaco, Schus stomping ground, would mean Micheal gets the nod.

Dark horse status I will give to the Red Bulls. IF they can complete the race then they will be there or thereabouts obviously. But there always appears to be somthing hampering them. And Monaco is a car breaker, then you have the driver error factor or accidents, and Webber has had his fair share of those.
If vettel finds himself in 2nd at the first corner, does he have the skill to overtake round Monaco? Time will tell

And FORZA Mercedes!
More could have been done.
David Purley

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I predict a Ferrari 1-2 with Alguersuari in third. DNF from the rest of the field. Or at least from RBR, McLaren, and Mercedes. :lol:

Although realistically RBR have it in the bag, providing they last the entire race and can defend their top positions. And that neither driver puts it in the wall, which is all too common there.

Hopefully Massa can improve so that he can bring more points for the CC. Alonso looks to have the edge at the moment though. And it's odd how Massa is either on full attack mode or in mediocre mode.

More points for Alguersuari as well. Next Spanish F1 champion candidate imo.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Alguesari next spanish champion? :lol:

I wonder what Bernie ecclestone and Karun Chandok make of those sentiments!

What odds on Red bull not to win?
David Purley

Mr Alcatraz

wesley123 wrote:i think this will be mclaren country, mclaren can simply add alot fo downforce here and keep top speeds due to the F duct. Braking has seemed to be a problem for red bull, as seen with vettel today so expect that to be a problem, the red bull is far from reliable, so the problems will show here for sure.
I was under the impression thay everyone runs a maxed out rear wing at Monaco.
could we be seeing some Monaco purposed new rear wing vaiations from McL' and the scuds to run their blown rear wing/f-duct systems?
WB wrote:At least the Ferrari system will be a bit awkward to operate
You do Fred a diservice. If there is something substancial to gain (even if it's just through the tunnel, and from Sainte Devote through Beau revage) I think he will manage the system just fine. He has an uncanny abbility to adapt.
Writing him off is folly!
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 11 May 2010, 05:33, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Sean H
Sean H

Ferrari already released that they wouldn't run the blown wing at Monaco.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

Mr Alcatraz

Ferrari has been known to be rather clever at subterfuge. 8)
Don't bet the house on it. :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

WhiteBlue

djos wrote:Webber for the win imo, Vettel makes too many mistakes at Monaco and doesnt seem to look after his car as well as Mark does (Seb was really bashing the high chicane curbs in spain where as Mark stayed off them and was still faster.)

Marks also had a podium here for Williams and came damned close to winning the year after but his Williams decided to catch fire!
I will hold my horses on that one. Mark had thousands more laps around the Montmelo circuit being an experienced driver from the generation when testing was unlimited. These guys have it easier to find a setup for the track because they have done it to generations of different cars. Same applied to Schumi and look how he out drove Nico in practise and out qualified him still after three sessions of setup improvements.

Monaco is a driver circuit and qualifying is a huge part of this. I see both Red Bull drivers capable of clinching pole there. They had massive improvements to mechanical grip. From getting pole it is practically a matter of making no mistakes, having no reliability problems and no bad luck with safety cars and the weather. I think that Seb Vettel can match and outscore Mark in avoiding mistakes. Read this opinion about Webber's cool when things go wrong. And luck is an entirely different issue as we have seen all season.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 11 May 2010, 07:13, edited 2 times in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

nipo
nipo

I think McLaren will be on top as they have usually been strong here. Red Bull right up there but let's see on this one-of-a-kind circuit whether their qualifying dominance can continue.

My best bet will be Hamilton to take the win.
My fantasy is for Schumacher to do that, though. :lol:

In any case, this year's Monte Carlo GP would be even more boring due to the refueling ban. =D>

WhiteBlue

Merc's new motor home.

This is the betting situation at the moment. I tend to agree with it if it gets dry. But the chance of a wet qualifying is still there.

According to www.weather.com the current wet weather is clearing up with low chance of rain on saturday and dry on race day.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Henning
Henning

I wonder how many times the words "Schumacher" and "Rascasse" are going to be mentioned in the same sentence this weekend?

WhiteBlue

Come on! #-o That is such old news that only the sickos will feel compelled to wallow in the brown stuff. F1 has so much more interesting issues to talk about.

mach11
mach11

my predictions will be a wet monoco race with force india winning it... :lol:

imagine having a full wet monaco grand prix....
WhiteBlue wrote:
This is the betting situation at the moment. I tend to agree with it if it gets dry. But the chance of a wet qualifying is still there.

According to http://www.weather.com the current wet weather is clearing up with low chance of rain on saturday and dry on race day.
:mrgreen:
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

lebesset
lebesset

latest forecast from meteo france is for excellent weather on both saturday and sunday

in other words , rainy with sunny periods =P~
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

mach11
mach11

lebesset wrote:latest forecast from meteo france is for excellent weather on both saturday and sunday

in other words , rainy with sunny periods =P~
Awesome.... imagine spa of 1998 or 1999 i think when all those cars crashed :D
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I see a very hungry German sat in a slow Mercedes, who looks to want to prove a point.
Yes I mean Schumacher, I see the hunger there added with Monaco as a sign from god to bet at least 20 queen queens.
All else is specualtion :lol:
David Purley