Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ISLAMATRON

Re: SIlly Season 2011 Thread

Ciro Pabón wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:...
Kimi would wipe the floor with that overrated chump

Please, guys, respect the drivers or you force me to post, something I've been studiously avoiding for months...
Chump is just common name we call people where I'm from, not allways a sign of disrespect... But he was a chump for claiming he was faster than JV(or Heidfeld), and he is clearly overrated, having an extremely poor teammate this year is inflating his worth in the paddock.

WhiteBlue

Let me help you with the Merriam Webster
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vall
vall

WhiteBlue wrote:
Giblet wrote:
alberto222mx wrote:Don´t you think that Webber attitude this weekend could put Kimi a step closer RedBull for the next season?
You think that Red Bull would have signed him for 2011 just to pay him out so Kimi can come on board?

They wouldn't have bothered recently renewing his year to year contract if that was the case, either Kimi, or whoever they want in his seat. If Vettel has trouble handling Webber on a regular basis, good luck with Kimi :)
They may get lucky and see one of the drivers make WDC this year but it gets increasingly more obvious that McLaren are better suited to manage two highly competitive and capable drivers.
really? Their 2 drivers have not been close enough on track that often. The one time they were in Turkey, the thing almost exploded, no? Also at the time JB got his 2 wins LH started moaning that JB gets results without too much effort....

LH and JB are both in the WDC hunt. If it happens in the next races they are fighting on track, them we may have another RBR situation.

segedunum
segedunum

alberto222mx wrote:Don´t you think that Webber attitude this weekend could put Kimi a step closer RedBull for the next season?
I remain to be convinced that Webber will stay there for next season with what has been going on, let's put it that way.The fact that a contract has allegedly been signed makes no difference. Red Bull are a bunch of weirdos over these things as anyone who has seen their handling of young drivers knows.

As to whether Kimi will end up there, I think the ball is more in his court that anyone else's and I don't think he'd be keen given what he will have seen. He'd had enough of that political crap at Ferrari. Red Bull is the only place he'll go if he does because he'll be wise to know they're the only ones really capable of winning the championship next year, which is what he wants. He doesn't just want to be in Formula One.

donskar
donskar

segedunum wrote:
As to whether Kimi will end up there, I think the ball is more in his court that anyone else's and I don't think he'd be keen given what he will have seen. He'd had enough of that political crap at Ferrari. Red Bull is the only place he'll go if he does because he'll be wise to know they're the only ones really capable of winning the championship next year, which is what he wants. He doesn't just want to be in Formula One.
I'm a Kimi fan; would love to see him back. BUT one of the things he hated about F1 was the politics -- which RBR clearly suffers from. Another thing Kimi hated was the PR part of the business. I imagine PR is a big part of RBR's raison d'etre.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Ray

I HIGHLY doubt Kimi would go to RBR simply because of the politics that are going on there now. And with him flying through backwoods roads in some field in a rally car he doesn't have to do a bunch of PR BS. He must love that.

WhiteBlue

Buemi and Alguersuari are confirmed at Toro Rosso.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vall
vall

if Shummy retires, who will take his place in Merc?

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Me.

Failing that Raikonen has suposedly been talking to Norbet Haug and I'm sure Heidfeld will be wanting a go.

WhiteBlue

Be prepared to read a new Schumacher retirement story every racing weekend from Jordan (and Stewart). I will believe them when it is officially confirmed. For the time being Michael will be in the car next year. He has been making more than his share of mistakes this season but then he also can afford to run a high risk strategy. If he gets a podium it would be a bonus.

PNSD
PNSD

He can afford to run a high risk strategy? What high risk strategy?

He's making mistakes because he cant drive the cars or tyres yet. Im sure in time he will be able to match Nico. But what's this high risk strategy? Apart from driving not great. He might be able to afford the mistakes but its Merc who cant.

WhiteBlue

If you go to the limit in qualifying and on an in lap you obviously risk more than when you go for 98%.

If you go for some rule ambiguities like they did in Monaco and Valencia you also increase the strategic risk and it went wrong in both cases. I'm not denying that Schumacher makes more mistakes and drives slower than Nico. It looks to me like he had the season written off sometimes ago and he simply doesn't care too much. I still think he will drive next year.

PNSD
PNSD

But 23 other drivers are also going for the limit. Its just Michael. If ive misunderstood what you mean, please correct me though.

And regarding strateggic risk at Monaco. I persume you mean the last corner move? That wasnt a risk as i see it. As far as he and Mercedes were concerned they were fully within the regulations. So therefore it was no riskier than any other overtake imo. It was perfectly executed but it wasnt a risk in that sense that Lewis and the SC at Valencia was.

marcush.
marcush.

I think it is not a risk of life but surely a risk of loosing a bag of points..for little
to be gained...So indeed Mercedes runs Michael at a hit or miss strategy that until now did not pay out ....
a cool move in Monaco ,but no points thanks to a cheeky interpretation instead of looking for clarification in advance....
then again bloody mistake ,this time with red light /SC rulings they had their own interpretation...thats what I would call high risk strategy ..it paid not out both times
and robbed him and MERC of valuable points.

WhiteBlue

marcush, you expressed it nicely. I'm not very happy with all the mistakes Michael makes but he does not seem to care much if he cannot fight for wins or championships what the points are. So he doesn't care if he overdrives the car and often looses points. He did the same in 2005 when the car did not fit the tyres, btw. In 2006 he was back to some real good performances.