Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Giblet
Giblet

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

Yes, I thought it was very cool for him to go deep into the hairpin runoff to acknoledge as many fans as possible.

Could you email that one to me Gib as I didnt take any pics

Giblet
Giblet

ISLAMATRON wrote:Yes, I thought it was very cool for him to go deep into the hairpin runoff to acknoledge as many fans as possible.

Could you email that one to me Gib as I didnt take any pics

And pick up as much klag as possible :)

Will do, I'll fire it off ASAP. Tomorrow I am going to put a high res album up of all my pics and link it here as well.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

alleyoop
alleyoop

ISLAMATRON wrote:WhiteBlue wrote:

ISLAMATRON wrote:That car is actually quite ugly, and wasn't it a dog on track?

I believe it is a Ferrari 312 T4 (1979).
Actually it is a T5, the worst Ferrari that "raced" in a F1 championship!
It even failed to qualify at some GP (can't recall where though)

It's UGLY :D

WhiteBlue

alleyoop wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:WhiteBlue wrote:

ISLAMATRON wrote:That car is actually quite ugly, and wasn't it a dog on track?

I believe it is a Ferrari 312 T4 (1979).
Actually it is a T5, the worst Ferrari that "raced" in a F1 championship!
It even failed to qualify at some GP (can't recall where though)

It's UGLY :D
Indeed, you are right. The T4 had these small NACA ducts on the top of the side pots which the T5 does not have. The T5 was a dog in the 1980 season. Ferrari binned the flat 12 and build the Dino V6 turbo 126 that years which improved things a lot.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Pedro
Pedro

Team-mate battles, Montreal 2010

Qualify

Race - Fastest lap

Race - Net average lap (1st lap, out-laps and in-laps excluded)

Source: F1news.cz
http://f1news.cz/novinky/34977-jak-dopa ... -v-kanade/
Source: F1news.cz
http://www.f1news.cz

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

http://picasaweb.google.com/racingmania ... directlink

have more pics coming from Sat and Sun.....need to upload those still...

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Giblet
Giblet

Nice shots :)

What were you using?

EDIT: I forgot I can just check.

Photo information
Jun 13, 2010
1600×1067 pixels – 163KB
Filename: F1_Sun_026.JPG
Camera: SONY
Model: DSLR-A700
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: 9.0
Focal Length: 200mm
Flash Used: No
Latitude: n/a
Longitude: n/a

Blackout

The FI had a ''new'' nose cone for Montreal... how is that possible ?

alleyoop
alleyoop

Blackout wrote: Image
it looks like a mechanic forgot an old ipod on the wing :)

jon-mullen

Giblet wrote:To John and Jon, no big deal we never got to hook up, I was only half expecting it to be successful. Montreal pulled my in about 10 different directions, and all were good. I hope you guys had a good time as well.
Montreal was a blast, there was so much going on. We didn't get in till late on Friday (merci les douanes) and actually ended up at an experimental music show Saturday night of all things.

We were at the turn 6-7 chicane and I was glad to finally get a real beat on how fast the cars are. During quali we were in the wrong seats (nobody cared), facing straight into the braking zone. I wasn't surprised when Lewis put it on pole, you could tell his car was working very well and the Red Bulls were twitchy on the brakes. For the race our seats turned out to be just opposite the TV screen and the race was easier to follow than I thought. Plus we got to see a couple of MS's shenanigans. As soon as the track was open a ton of people went out to grab some CF from his car that was laying on the track.

I haven't watched the broadcast of it yet, I'm curious to see what the pit strategies looked like on TV and what the announcers have to say about them. I know I wasn't the only person who thought that the Red Bulls were about to run away with the race when Lewis and Alonso made their first stops, especially considering they came out behind a good number of slow cars, some already down a lap but a couple for position. Good on Lewis, a nice drive.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

dannyteasdale
dannyteasdale

Absolutely fantastic shots. Nice work.

WhiteBlue

Webber backs gearbox change over conspiracy theories

Webber backs gearbox change over conspiracy theories
Motorsport.com wrote: Mark Webber is not promoting any of the conspiracy theories after losing his championship lead in Canada last week.

After their infamous Turkey crash, the Australian qualified ahead of his Red Bull teammate Sebastian Vettel in Montreal.

But he had to move back five grid places after a precautionary gearbox change.

Some pundits joked that Dr Helmut Marko, who allegedly favours Vettel, must have taken a crowbar to Webber's transmission.

"I would also have changed the gearbox," the 33-year-old is quoted as saying by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

"It's better to lose a few places but still get to the finish line. In my situation, I need every point," said Webber.

Webber's problem was not the only one for Red Bull on Sunday; Vettel was also asked to slow down with what team boss Christian Horner confirms was a "gearbox-related issue".
At least we can be confident that Webber's gearbox issue wasn't a fake to remove him from his qualifying position in favor of Vettel. I thought that was a bit of a paranoid idea when I first read it.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ISLAMATRON

Re: Webber backs gearbox change over conspiracy theories

WhiteBlue wrote:Webber backs gearbox change over conspiracy theories
I thought it was clearly said that Webbo's wall scrape in Q3 was what necessatated the gearbox change, or did I hear that in a dream?