Hungarian GP 2010 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Hungarian GP 2010 - Budapest

Giblet wrote:Hungaroring is not in Budapest.

"The Hungaroring is a Formula One racing circuit in Mogyoród, near Budapest, Hungary where the Hungarian Grand Prix is held."
[-X I sugest you check what the FIA call the race. Better call Jean Todt to tell him they made a mistake.
Last edited by andrew on 26 Jul 2010, 19:27, edited 2 times in total.

raymondu999

thestig84 wrote:If the driver can make a difference around here Hamilton may do well.
Pole & 1st 2007
Pole & 5th (2nd before puncture) 2008
4th & 1st 2009

Looking forward to it. Also remember to enjoy every second as its the summer break after this one :(
It's a mechanical circuit, and while McLaren have traditionally had excellent mechanical (that's why they have such a record at Monaco) they seem to have lost the edge this year. Their stiff springs compromise them too much in this aspect. I expect Kubica, the Bulls and the horses to be the ones to look out for.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

thestig84
thestig84

I agree Mclaren dont look to have their usual good mechanical side to their car.

That is why I was saying hopefully the driver can make a difference around here. LH does have a good record.

ringo

Alonso is as strong here as Hamilton is. A showdown would be nice. 8)
That's if Mclaren can get more out of the car.

I also think Williams will be the darkhorse as this track. Barichello to qualify p6. :wink:
For Sure!!

andrew
andrew

I suspect Ferrari will play silly beggars again. Both Masa and Alonso go well round this circuit.

kalinka
kalinka

andrew wrote:

"The Hungaroring is a Formula One racing circuit in Mogyoród, near Budapest, Hungary where the Hungarian Grand Prix is held."
[-X I sugest you check what the FIA call the race. Better call Jean Todt to tell him they made a mistake.
Hungaroring is not in Budapest indeed. I was there multiple times, and I lived in Budapest for 3 years. But it's very close to the centre of Budapest ( less than 20km ). The closest little town to the track is Mogyoród, that's why it's really placed on field that belong to this small city. But all the events that belongs to the race, all the driver's hotels, PR events, sponsor events are located at the capital Budapest. Mogyoród is just the closest city to the track.

manchild
manchild

This is the only circuit this season where the usual order will change. Long cars and their F-ducts have disadvantage over Renault, Mercedes and Williams. Red Bull will have great result on qualy as retarded ignition will aid them, but I expect Ferrari and Mclaren to have worst results this season.

If Red Bull's screw up something, I tip Kubica, Rosberg or Barichello for win.

andrew
andrew

Well if it is all the same, I ain't changing the title until the FIA change the official name. At most, I'll change it to Budapest-shire.

marcush.
marcush.

I fail to see why Budapest is the same as monaco.Yes it is max downforce and yes there is no long straight but the ultra slow corners found in Monaco,namely mirabeau,loews,portierand rascasse are not existant in Hungary top speed is about the same ,yes ..but the circuit has more a flow to it and cornerspeeds are more like hockemheims twisty bits.

Midnight-34
Midnight-34

Only one hard breaking zone
Too many high DF corners where a car folowing another one lost a lot his aero quality,

I doubt we will see a very exciting race there but i guess at least a good one

andrew
andrew

marcush. wrote:I fail to see why Budapest is the same as monaco.Yes it is max downforce and yes there is no long straight but the ultra slow corners found in Monaco,namely mirabeau,loews,portierand rascasse are not existant in Hungary top speed is about the same ,yes ..but the circuit has more a flow to it and cornerspeeds are more like hockemheims twisty bits.
I hope this link provides some explanation.

http://www.paddockreport.com/autos/form ... ngaroring/

Mainly there are low to medium speed corners with short braking areas. I may be wrong, but I guess the high downforce settings are to maximise the cornering speeds (none of which are too high) and to keep the braking areas as short as possible.

marcush.
marcush.

Still it is not as Monaco ,wich is a normal road so it is not flat but crowned..and does not offer much grip.
obviously the two circuits have similar downforce levels,maximum...,simply because of the absence of long straights where you may loose too much time with a draggy car.
And contrary to Monaco ,we will not see many not bringing their F-duct...theres still one straight.

in montecarlo there are lots of corners very much below even 100km/h so there it is pure mechanical grip you need ..

andrew
andrew

Monaco is about mechanical grip whereas the Hungaroring is about aero grip.

marcush.
marcush.

that was what I wanted to say,thanks!

Giblet
Giblet

andrew wrote:

The race is not in Budapest, no need to call anyone. Just stating a simple fact that you overlooked, not a big deal.

It's just that the naming convention of the races has always been Country Circuit, with some exceptions.

I've never heard the Hungarian Grand Prix called the Budapest Grand Prix.

I just figured that since you have taken it upon yourself to start the race threads, you might want to stick with traditional convention.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute