Renault R31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mith

Re: Renault R31

Of course it's R30. But they've actually cared to attach on it their final iteration of FW. On all that renders they were using one of the earlier versions.

volarchico
volarchico

Owen.C93 wrote:Yeah it's the R30, what were they doing?
Could be testing the new tires with a "known" (old) chasis like McLaren plan on doing in Valencia. I know testing is banned, but they could gather the information while filming a "promotional" video, right?

kenji8

No R31

Steven
Owner

Here's a sneak preview released by the team itself...

http://blog.lotusrenaultgp.com/?p=221

adrianjordan

Fairly sure a lot of the car shots in that were of the R30 - though not all of them.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Racemech
Racemech

its the R30 show car in R31 livery doing its shake down ready for the display season of world series renault & lotus renault promo displays

wickerbill

Romain Grosjean LRGP 3rd driver!

Quote Renault F1 FR: It was in the air for a few weeks the information is now confirmed by the driver itself: Romain Grosjean was back at Lotus Renault GP in 2011 as the third driver.

"2011 will be the year of return, with a third driver position at Lotus Renault GP and a full season in GP2 Asia Series and GP2 with DAMS team" , said the Franco-Swiss pilot in an exclusive interview AutoMoto .

"I've never hidden the fact that the idea was clearly back in Formula 1, 2010 was a year rather interesting with several categories. Now it remains true that the dream of Formula 1 so that status of third driver in the Lotus Renault team will clearly be a step taken. Now we have the idea of returning to Formula 1 from 2012. "

For this, the Franco-Swiss must make a very good season in GP2 and win the title.

"The argument is always the outcome, so it's clear that the season in GP2 with DAMS will be important. We'll have to help the team to return to the top and then win races and then take another experience with Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov to see what I missed during my first year in Formula 1 and come back with proper conditions in the paddock " said Romain Grosjean.

Sukhoi
Sukhoi

# Touch down in Valencia. T minus 24 hours till launch. For now the set up begins! 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

so , expect some R31 photos TODAY =D> :D :D , on a second thought he might simply talk about airplane landing :mrgreen:

Thunder2
Thunder2

ESPImperium wrote:Some Spy Shots:

We can notice that there isn't any sponsor on the shark fin, so maybe the R31 will not have a shark fin...

By the way, happy for Grosjean, 3 French drivers on third driver position this year, that's cool. :)

wickerbill

As expected LRGP will not present the final version of the R31 tomorrow...

"There are technical options that have been taken on this car and are a bit original, so brave, and I think this year we can expect the podiums and regularly seek and hope for victory" , commented Eric Boullier.

Source AutoMoto Magazine/ Renault f1 Fr

BTW: I think that's well thought idea to shoot promo with old chassis and new rubber on the same track as year before so data can be compared using R30 as the same platform - concept that McLaren says is the best solution as there is plenty of data to compare (or at least that's what they want to be right for PR reasons, considering their car may not be ready yet...). Well it is fair to say that I have feeling that they may be right with this option so now LRGP will have some good chance to check this out for themselves.
Also LRGP'll have a chance to see how the new rubber behave on completely green track (actually we don't know if the Pirellis fitted on the car are up to date models tested recently in Abu Dhabi or some last year developmen? :?:
Anyway we can see some nice weather over there and slicks fitted on the car and that may not be the case because as far as the weather is concerned some fog/drizzle or even rain is expected early next week so this "PROMO" can bring benefits on more than just one obvious dimension :wink:

mith

They've said few weeks ago, they already finished working on first iteration of aero, which will be used on early tests and are working on updates which will be fitted for the final one.

BlackScreener
BlackScreener

What about that photo ?

cravenciak
cravenciak

What? -_-' R30.

wickerbill

Those little stickers on the wing pylon...
Aren't those thermal sensors similar to those used last year on rear suspension in line with low positioned exhaust/blown diffuser development by some teams incl. Renault?
Why placed there and what for if that's promo shooting...?
Any ideas anyone?

H.Lyoud
H.Lyoud

This photo contains also R30, in CARC @ Enstone