Sauber C30 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
myurr
myurr

Re: Sauber C30 Ferrari

Is the rear crash structure asymmetrical or is it just the angle?

raymondu999

Here's Scarbs' analysis of the car: http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/01/3 ... -analysis/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

H. Zedozil

imightbewrong wrote:

Exhausts blowing the diffuser?

raymondu999

You mean they have channels blowing INto the diffuser and not just over it? I can't see any but I could be wrong.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

horse

H. Zedozil wrote:Exhausts blowing the diffuser?
Doesn't look like it to me. Looks like a very simple over the top solution at this stage.

EDIT: Scarbs reckons its a bit cleverer than that:
Scarbs wrote:Sauber have kept the gearbox and sidepods so narrow that they have created a channel between the outer tunnels, which the exhaust blows through.
I guess there is a channel of gas warming the central part of the diffuser here (but not entering it, I assume).
Last edited by horse on 31 Jan 2011, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

myurr wrote:Support cables on the diffuser a la Ferrari.
Not sure why so many emphasis put on the cable by people on this forum though, with the elimination of the massive diffuser structure that used to probably hang off the crash structure in the last 2 years with the many decks and boxed section(hence probably pretty stiff), the new single decker will need some more support(being not boxed and no longer in close proximity with the rear structure, and with the new emphasis on cleaning up rear flow to maximize rear wing aero), and instead of making it extra strong you might as well use the more efficient mean with the cable....its a pure tensile thing anyway with the aero load pulling it down...

H. Zedozil

horse wrote:
H. Zedozil wrote:Exhausts blowing the diffuser?
Doesn't look like it to me. Looks like a very simple over the top solution at this stage.
"The new C30 features a fully integrated blown diffuser, and the team has been able to sculpt the sidepods more aggressively through fitting its radiators more vertically." Autosport

ringo

ESPImperium wrote:Nice enough looking car, but the sponsors make it look a bit garbled. Red clashing with yellow, and the fact the rest of the livery just dosnt really fit to me.

Maybes ill grow to like the livery.
It's the latin american flavour. A lot of bright colours. :lol:
Looks better than last year to me.
For Sure!!

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

I think here you can see how the exhaust blows into the starter hole. I like how they've aimed the exhausts at the center of the diffuser and used some gurney flaps to extend it around the crash structure.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

horse

Owen.C93 wrote:I think here you can see how the exhaust blows into the starter hole. I like how they've aimed the exhausts at the center of the diffuser and used some gurney flaps to extend it around the crash structure.
Ah, through the starter hole! I like it. Don't know if it will do much good, but I like it.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

ringo

Owen.C93 wrote:I think here you can see how the exhaust blows into the starter hole. I like how they've aimed the exhausts at the center of the diffuser and used some gurney flaps to extend it around the crash structure.
Where's the starter hole?

I don't see the benefit in it really. It may be so, but not all the exhaust will be able to blow through it. I guess we have to see it clearly first.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Anybody notice that the suspension is just like Ferrari's? The push-rods are carried forward by about 10 inches? It has potential for a real clean back end.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

benjabulle
benjabulle

n smikle wrote:Anybody notice that the suspension is just like Ferrari's? The push-rods are carried forward by about 10 inches? It has potential for a real clean back end.
not a surprise as it's the Ferrari gearbox.

luca
luca

Here's a bigger picture of the diffuser: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... set2-7.jpg

csponton
csponton

Sauber C30 – Launch Detail and Analysis
http://spontoncristiano.wordpress.com/2 ... auber-c30/