HRT for sale

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
User avatar
ringo
228
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am

Re: HRT for sale

Post

I would like to see a USF1 team jump in.
For Sure!!

astracrazy
astracrazy
31
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: HRT for sale

Post

thestig84 wrote:
autogyro wrote:I think it will be one of the three for Max.
Virgin must be close to going and Team Lotus will probably amalgamate with Lotus Renault (probably the plan all along).
I cant see where you have got the conclusion from. Virgin have a very small budget but do a good job considering. With extra Maurissa funding Ive not heard anything about them struggling.
that's right, i read they still keep to the £40M budget that they agreed to when entering into the sport
marcush. wrote:I think it just shows how difficult it is to keep a F1 business running.
True, but HRT has been a mess from the start - its something you could see coming from the first gp. The FIA should never have allowed them in and then none of this would have happened.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium
64
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: HRT for sale

Post

The HRT team has been up for sale for half the year now. Just not publisised as such.

Will they make it to 2011, i think so. Will it be under the Hispanis or HRT monkier, doubt it.

The Toyota thing with the team says to me that there has been pressure by other teams to them as all other teams have used them in one form or another during the season, McLaren seemingly took up 35% of their capacity with Team Lotus seemingly taking up the next largest ammount of time the Cologne facility has. Hispania only took up arround 8% of their capacity, but rented alot of their equiptment.

I feel that some teams in the midfeild may have seen a threat here.

The Williams deal is one that makes the team more of a going concern.

Geoff Willis has designed a car, will it be good, posibly, but i see it more of a stepping stone, much like the T127 at Lotus Racing last season.

Personally i see this team being on the grid in 2011, but its gonna be difficult. If they mak it to Testing in Bahrain they will be doing well.

I wish them luck and hope they do it again.

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
555
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: HRT for sale

Post

where do you get these numbers? anyway is the tf110 modified already?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

marcush.
marcush.
159
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:55 pm

Re: HRT for sale

Post

If i do not have a lot of money +Geoff willis+ and no own facilities to actually build the car ..would I spread my efforts and buy expensive Toyota IP and let my inhouse asset design a HRT in paralell?This seems very unlikely.
But on the other hand ...could it be Willis did the design adaption of the cosworth to the toyota chassis .....plumbing ,rads new 2010 wings etc..with a lot of insight to Toyotas TF110 due to their collaboration and intent to use that chassis...and now that all the rear is done they feel thy can do the front for less contracting someone else?

xpensive
xpensive
214
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia

Re: HRT for sale

Post

I am curious about Willis involvement here, if HRT is not going to do their own thing, what's his purpose anyways?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

User avatar
WhiteBlue
92
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: WhiteBlue Country

Re: HRT for sale

Post

I think that Kolles probably speculates for Audi to come in and pick up the F1 entry for 2013. They could keep HRT afloat on a low flame until they have sorted the commercial aspects. Depending on the outcome of the revenue split in F1 from 2013 Piech could dump HRT or put a works effort behind it.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

User avatar
Byronrhys
0
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 am

Re: HRT for sale

Post

We'll most certainly have another manufacturer on the grid next year.

xpensive
xpensive
214
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia

Re: HRT for sale

Post

WhiteBlue wrote:I think that Kolles probably speculates for Audi to come in and pick up the F1 entry for 2013. They could keep HRT afloat on a low flame until they have sorted the commercial aspects. Depending on the outcome of the revenue split in F1 from 2013 Piech could dump HRT or put a works effort behind it.
Even at the darkest of hours WB, you manage to convey an intelligent and plausible analys once in a while. Just how do you manage to do that if I may be as bold as inquire, when I might be in the position to learn a thing or two?

For you newbies, myself and WB have story to tell, so this one is for the record.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.
marcush.
159
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:55 pm

Re: HRT for sale

Post

On the other hand the USF1 entry has not been dedicated to a new outfit yet...so if Audi were interested they had a true chance to get in ...considering Audi using the Sauber windtunnel I could imagine this would be the second area to look at and Toro Rosso the third...would colles really hope to be bargaining when more offers are on the market than potent partners?

User avatar
WhiteBlue
92
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: WhiteBlue Country

Re: HRT for sale

Post

xpensive wrote:Even at the darkest of hours WB, you manage to convey an intelligent and plausible analys once in a while. Just how do you manage to do that if I may be as bold as inquire, when I might be in the position to learn a thing or two.
:lol: Use of cerebral capacities instead of relying on the brain stem we inherited from aquatic primitives and reptiles.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
593
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: HRT for sale

Post

xpensive wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:I think that Kolles probably speculates for Audi to come in and pick up the F1 entry for 2013. They could keep HRT afloat on a low flame until they have sorted the commercial aspects. Depending on the outcome of the revenue split in F1 from 2013 Piech could dump HRT or put a works effort behind it.
Even at the darkest of hours WB, you manage to convey an intelligent and plausible analys once in a while. Just how do you manage to do that if I may be as bold as inquire, when I might be in the position to learn a thing or two?

For you newbies, myself and WB have story to tell, so this one is for the record.
Wish I'd seen this earlier, I'd have bought a lottery ticket...never thought I'd be lucky enough to see such a thing :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.