Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Phillyred
Phillyred

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Diesel wrote:It's not working, that's why nobody is copying it. Let's face it, Renault appear to have got it right, Red Bull were too conservative. They are going to spend the rest of the year playing catchup.
Well... I guess that settles that! =D> :roll:

satlan
satlan

I guess we've found the bizarro-segedunum :lol:

segedunum
segedunum

As to what approach may or may not be working (assuming your post wasn't totally pointless :D), it might help if you did a little light reading on the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9450

Anyway, I suppose they say that [attempted] imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....... :? I keep warning myself about these car threads.........

raymondu999

I'm puzzled. Red Bull seem to be sticking to their guns. They're running the RB7 finless again. I believe they have for the whole Jerez test. I thought they would've stuck to the other, semi-finned RB7 engine cover
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

segedunum wrote:As to what approach may or may not be working (assuming your post wasn't totally pointless :D), it might help if you did a little light reading on the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9450

Anyway, I suppose they say that [attempted] imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....... :? I keep warning myself about these car threads.........
I don't really need to read that, it's probably 12 pages of you saying Red Bull's solution is better. Fact is Renault's solution is getting results, where as Red Bull seem to be running a different exhaust solution every day desperately trying to find performance.

Pierce89

Diesel wrote:It's not working, that's why nobody is copying it. Let's face it, Renault appear to have got it right, Red Bull were too conservative. They are going to spend the rest of the year playing catchup.
I don't believe you really believe that. If you really think that's true, then I'm speechless. :wtf:
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

myurr
myurr

Diesel wrote:I don't really need to read that, it's probably 12 pages of you saying Red Bull's solution is better. Fact is Renault's solution is getting results, where as Red Bull seem to be running a different exhaust solution every day desperately trying to find performance.
Too true bro. Word in the pitlane is that Red Bull are deliberately running underweight to make their long run times look okay, whilst they desperately work on a B-spec car to bring to the first European race...

djos

myurr wrote:
Diesel wrote:I don't really need to read that, it's probably 12 pages of you saying Red Bull's solution is better. Fact is Renault's solution is getting results, where as Red Bull seem to be running a different exhaust solution every day desperately trying to find performance.
Too true bro. Word in the pitlane is that Red Bull are deliberately running underweight to make their long run times look okay, whilst they desperately work on a B-spec car to bring to the first European race...
Sounds like BS to me, why would you believe a competitor who has no real idea what RBR are doing?
"In downforce we trust"

zgred

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

myurr wrote:

Got a source for that?

thestig84
thestig84

Mysticf1 wrote:
myurr wrote:

Got a source for that?
Lol, Im quite sure there isnt a source for his sarcasm!

Blackout

Look at the front endplates and the center of the FW

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/544 ... d66e_o.jpg

What kind of sensors are that ? (+ the blue wire)

Carlo's
Carlo's

Looks like measurement of flexibility.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Blackout wrote:Look at the front endplates and the center of the FW

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/544 ... d66e_o.jpg

What kind of sensors are that ? (+ the blue wire)
Nice hi res pic. I don't see any sensors there though .. just reflections off the wing. However if you look closely you'll see they are experimenting with closing off the lower slot with tape, or so it seems to me. The tape is translucent with a blue tint.

Blackout

Yeah, maybe lazer sensors that compare wing's height on that three locations ?!

Edit: I know, the tape is blue, not the wire. there is a wire under it ;)
And this wing is old. The 'things' on the endplates and the central mandatory section of the wing are new.
Last edited by Blackout on 13 Feb 2011, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.