HRT F111 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: HRT F111 Cosworth

cbbcisace wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:^^^ Brings me to the thought that they may be reverse engineering the VJM/02 to bring them up to speed for next year. Posibility???
Can't see it ESP, its believed the F112 has a brand new monocoque and design.
True, however the F111 was to be a new chassis for 2011 and then it was a 90% new chassis, now its been revealed that only 55% carried over.
Richied76 wrote:bless them. by the looks of the picture above, HTC are so hard up that they even put a set of used pirreli tires on a presentation car. the surface looks ok but the side walls are quite worn. Either that or a bad pic and to much tire shine spray!
Its a set of Travel Pirellis with black paint on them. Doubt Pirelli is happy, however the teams can get Pirellis with whatever colour they want on them, and as its a showcar i doubt they will be too unhappy.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

True re the F111, just can't see HRT being that blind in carrying anything over from basically badly designed car, apart from the FW + they should have KERS by BASE next year.

senzafine
senzafine

senzafine
senzafine

Pieoter
Pieoter

Both HRT's ahead of the Virgins. Slowly progress is being made

dice782

Pieoter wrote:Both HRT's ahead of the Virgins. Slowly progress is being made
Yes I also think that race pace has improved slightly. Although they are still at the back, in India it looked like they got lapped much later on then they normally would. Or the track was generally slower for every one else?

astracrazy
astracrazy

I'm not sure if that's correct.

According to FIA website D'Ambrosio finished ahead.

JGomezH
JGomezH

beelsebob
beelsebob

JGomezH wrote:HRT F1 Team Job Offers:

http://www.hispaniaracing.com/job-offers.php
Not sure I'd really want to work for them really – too much risk of not having a job in 4 months.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

HRT has renewed their deal with Williams F1 for supply of gearboxes until end of 2012. Looks like they'll be around at least one more year.

JGomezH
JGomezH

HRT F1 & Williams F1 extends technical collaboration

Source:

http://hispaniaracing.com/news.php?nid=548

JGomezH
JGomezH

So the question is if next year HRT KERS system is based on batteries (with the support of BASE :?: ) or on a flywheel.

beelsebob
beelsebob

JGomezH wrote:So the question is if next year HRT KERS system is based on batteries (with the support of BASE :?: ) or on a flywheel.
Is that really a question? I thought that the BASE deal was well publicised and involved them supplying the entire KERS system to HRT.

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

Seems that Williams are providing the whole system. I just could not see how Base could have provided a system as they don't have the KCU, MGU or electronic harness technology.

JGomezH
JGomezH

beelsebob wrote: Not sure I'd really want to work for them really – too much risk of not having a job in 4 months.

You do not you gave them four months, but seems that step by step the team is growing. They aren't RB or McLaren but neither are USAF1 or Stefan GP.